• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where will Dreams end up?

• 95+

Votes: 201 11.8%
  • 90-95

Votes: 774 45.4%
  • 85-90

Votes: 374 21.9%
  • 80-85

Votes: 192 11.3%
  • 75-80

Votes: 88 5.2%
  • 70-75

Votes: 35 2.1%
  • Under 70

Votes: 41 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Have updated OP with those new reviews (and the older early access one)

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like opencritic is sitting at 94. MC hasn't assigned a score yet. Good start!

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Does this count?

It got 10 / 10 though, but with a name Astuce Jeux PS4...

shrug_1f937.png

EDIT:

Another Early Access review, PS NATION - 10 / 10.

Last edited:

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
Wtf nobody want yo review this game neither. Look like everybody want this game to bomb. Even playstation hard core fans do not even talk about this game, it's sad.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Move controllers are prolly required for the making, but what about playing? Does it seem like you'd also want Moves to have the best possible experience? Or is a regular controller good enough?
MM emphasized how move isn't needed as there are people on their creative team that only use the DS4. it just has to be accessible for everyone so a lot of testing and focused went in to make sure that whatever youre using feels good and easy to use.

Frost1800

Dec 3, 2019
Looks like it has 57% of critics recommended on Opencritics right now. Guess the game, while nice, is not meant to be played.

Oct 27, 2017
There are 2 twitch channels with the combined viewership of 26 people right now.

This game is DOA when it comes to popularity right now. It will join the Project Spark in the wasteland of game-creator genre.

I think companies need to recognize when their product has an unlikely chance to succeed and simply bundle it into PS+ or F2P modules. It will lose money anyway, so making it a loss-leader/promotional material is better for everyone: developers, community, publisher. 90%+ F2P game is insane when it comes to optics, and 90%+ paid stillborn is a failure.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing 71% I still don't understand how that works tho.

I think it's maybe an idea they had when some reviewers were considering dropping scores.

Currently 71% is 5 of the 7 would recommend.

according to their own description of how they work it out, that either means their cut-off for recommend is a score of below 88%, or reviewers who have scored the game over 90 have specifically told the site they wouldn't recommend it?

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I think it's maybe an idea they had when some reviewers were considering dropping scores.

Currently 71% is 5 of the 7 would recommend.

according to their own description of how they work it out, that either means their cut-off for recommend is a score of below 88%, or reviewers who have scored the game over 90 have specifically told the site they wouldn't recommend it?

Apparently it was a bug, it's 100% recommended now.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
www.ign.com

Dreams Review - IGN

A place for unlimited creation, Dreams is a highly ambitious concept, and one that has been magically brought to life.

t's a cliche, but Dreams really is something that needs to be played to fully grasp an understanding of. It's unlike anything else: an ambitious project that has been expertly brought to life by Media Molecule, and an audacious experiment in game design that gives you endless ways to enjoy your time with it. The creation tools allow for ultimate expression despite there being a few controller related challenges to work around – never enough to deter. The vast range of experiences already on offer via Dream Surfing means that no two sessions playing it are ever the same, offering fresh ways to have fun every time you start it up and see what community creations have popped up while you've been away. Whether you just want to create, purely play, or get involved in a bit of everything, Dreams offers it all to you. This is one dream I urge you not to sleep on.

Dreams got a 9/10 from IGN.
Reminder that IGN removed the decimal from their score, so a 9 is the second highest score they can give now.

ghostcrew

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Why anyone would give this game less than a 10 is beyond me
I will say that creation tools can certainly overwhelm someone to the point of just giving up.
But it's not really a bad thing, they kinda have to be like this to allow the craziness you can create.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I bought Dreams relatively late in Early Access. Had some previous Project Spark experience despite its limitations and I was very sad when it got shut down. Ever since I got Dreams, I have hoped for these type of scores in reviews. Media Molecule fucking nailed it out of the park with everything about this game. This includes both the toolset and the campaign. Yes, you will not be able to make a game in a day or two. However, you will be able to make absolutely anything you want without any programming experience. The democratisation of video game development, so to speak. Huge congrats and I will catch you in your Dreams. And I hope you'll play mine at some point soon, too.

We also would like to set up a special place in form of a creators OT to share experiences on ERA, so stay tuned for that.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Canceled my pre-order some weeks ago because money, but broke down and reordered. Cursed hype.
But spending money on my Dreams will probably be worth it. Especially since it's not full price.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Im really glad this game is getting great reviews and I wish it will have a big audience. Still, I'm sceptical that will happen.
I'm a big fan of this type of games, best of luck to MM.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Im glad this game exists,but i was never interested in create your own adventures like littlebigplanet or minecraft

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
There are 2 twitch channels with the combined viewership of 26 people right now.

This game is DOA when it comes to popularity right now. It will join the Project Spark in the wasteland of game-creator genre.

The game isn't out yet, so this isn't really a fair assessment of it's potential success.

But yeah, to me it seems more like the equivalent of some kind of brilliant user-friendly movie or music creation software with some ability to upload your film or music creations to a community hub. Even if you had Speilberg and Scorcese make some short projects that were included to show off the potential, that's just never going to sell to the mass public as well as say the new Taylor Swift album, or the new Marvel Movie, no matter how many brilliant musicians or film makers there are creating things with that software. It's stuck between a rock and a hard place. If you advertise it as a "game creation tool", you're somewhat limiting the game to people interested in game creation, but if you don't push that aspect enough than you risk losing those creators. I don't envy the marketing team behind Dreams. It is a hell of a tightrope to navigate.