• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

What is Creator Early Access?
Early Access won't have everything that the full version of Dreams will, but you'll get 100% of the same Dreams tools that we have used every day at MM to make our content. As well as fun, deep interactive tutorials catering for all skill sets and levels and Mm-crafted arcade games ready to play and remix. If you joined us during the beta period and published your assets, you'll also have your beta creations to return to. Along the way, we'll be adding more features, tutorials, arcade levels and assets during the Early Access period as we build towards the full slate of launch content.

OP SIdenote: Dreams Creator Early Access will not contain the Story Campaign. This is purely the creation side. You'll be able to create and also play other peoples creation and do everything like the Beta.

Dreams Early Access will be available digitally through the PlayStation Store this spring, priced at $29.99 MSRP (+ applicable tax) in the US and $39.99 MSRP (+ applicable tax) in Canada.

When released, Dreams Early Access will be available digitally through the PlayStation Store and priced at €29.99. Early Access will be available in UK, USA, Australia, Austria, Benelux, New Zealand, France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany and Spain.

On EA - > Full Release Game

On "Limiting" EA

Compilation Q&A from the Dreams Discord: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Dreams/comments/asr9f0/dreams_early_access_faqs_from_the_discord/

US: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/02/20/dreams-creator-early-access-launches-this-spring/

EU: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...his-spring-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/

Last edited:

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Yay!

Interesting though in that it's 'limited'. They'll stop sales at a certain point.

$30.

Dreams Early Access is a strictly limited release to ensure that we have a chance to listen to all of you, so be sure to snag your copy as soon as you can!

Dreams Early Access will be available digitally through the PlayStation Store this spring, priced at $29.99 MSRP (+ applicable tax) in the US and $39.99 MSRP (+ applicable tax) in Canada.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Yay, this thing is gonna be huge. Might need to create a separate subforum for it :)

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i am worried about the idea of early access for this game, i think an open beta would have done better for this game.
but 30$ is a good price.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wow I'm so glad. That's a really interesting strategy for a Sony 1st party title.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
How does this work? Like do you own the game or do you have to pay extra at a later point for the full thing? Either way, I'm down.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
This is the right way to roll out this game. Get the people who are going to sell it to everyone else involved as early as possible, and let it blossom into something incredible. Then invite the masses in as well!

May 17, 2018
I'm a little confused. Does that mean $30 now, and, $30 later when it fully releases? Or commit to $30 and you get the full game when it releases?

Ready2Rokk

Oct 29, 2017
So can I assume that if you get the $30 early access, that will parlay into the full version on release? $30 and you are done?

Smidget

Oct 27, 2017
So weird that it's a "limited" number of purchases. Now to wait for the inevitable Wario64 tweet to buy it!

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Solid pricing and finally a game that actually makes sense to have early access since it's a game about making games.

It's nor a competitive game or a live service game... Just an engine to make games

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck! In day -1

Price is insane. I wonder if early access gets you the full game with story mode when it releases? Does this sound mostly like the current Beta - with maybe a few extra tutorials? Hopefully it'll update regularly with 'stable' branch builds so we'll see the dreamiverse etc being evolved and fleshed out.

Spring is good but hopefully before Easter - please MM. Wonder when the full game will be though? Danger with early access is waiting for a full release, so hopefully they get build up of word of mouth and go full release while that is still hot.

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
Does this eventually upgrade to the full game? Will I lose access to this? I feel like we need more details.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Bit of a stretch to call it "early" access. Game was announced in 2013 and originally scheduled for release in 2018.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
what does this "limited" mean?
limited time available for sale?
limited copies?
what?

Limited number allowed in it sounds like - they want to keep the feedback mechanisms meaningful, so limiting numbers sounds like the best way to do that. First come first served once it goes on sale. A time limit wouldn't necessarily allow them to control community size for feedback.

N64rob

Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Yeah the wording isn't clear about how this affects the full game release do those who buy now pay again?

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Day one baby !
I have a feeling that this will be turned into a F2P title in its final release.
And honestly it could be a very good move.
Anyway I'm pretty sure the US 30 to support MM and put my hands asap on it will be worth it!
Any word if the Early Access will support PSVR ?