• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
This looks so fucking good.

Netflix animation stuff is kicking ass.

Hilda, She-Ra, Castlevania, Dragon Prince

Not to mention all the Trollhunter universe stuff!

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Looks nice. It does remind me of Amphibia, with the large versions of bugs and such, but this could be better.

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
I've had my eye on this since the first teaser dropped. I think it looks really cool. like that DWA is starting to branch out into doing original stuff for TV, since most of their other shows ends up being either adaptations of their movies or reboots of older properties iirc

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in.

New season of Infinity Train
Owl House
and now this.... solid month for cartoons :)

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
It's a really fun show thus far. Really nice premise and love the designs and characters.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Going to try to watch some of this on the weekend, seems really fun.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, never heard of it.
watch infinity train book 1 while you are at it as well

note: this video makes Infinity Train look way more action packed than it really is lol.
Why do Western cartoons get traditional animation while all their anime (aside from Devilman) are CG? ;_;
I wish Dragon Prince was traditional animation :P
also netflix has a lot of anime that isn't CG as well, it's just not advertised well.

anyways Kipo is on my list to check out soon. it will either be continuing Ori (the video game, playing for the first time) or Kipo tonight most likely.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watching this now. Absolutley loving it. The animation and world is absolutely stunning. Everything is top notch.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Started watching this with my kids and having already watched about half so far I can say that even if my kids hadn't gotten invested I would watch it anyway. It's fantastic, I hope this doesn't just stop like Hilda did.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Started watching this with my kids and having already watched about half so far I can say that even if my kids hadn't gotten invested I would watch it anyway. It's fantastic, I hope this doesn't just stop like Hilda did.
Hilda's second season is premiering at a festival end of feb/early march so season 2 will likely be on netflix the next few months.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Hilda's second season is premiering at a festival end of feb/early march so season 2 will likely be on netflix the next few months.

thats good to know, my daughter and I really got into it but it never cameback for a second season. I'll wait till its up before I tell her though.

On another note, does anyone know the name of the song that plays during Wolfs dream with the water bear? I went through the whole OST that I could find online but that's the only song seemingly not in it.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the use of music in this series.

It also feels unique/original, which is hard for post-apocalyptic settings given the over saturation of them.

Last edited:

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the first episode and really loved what I saw. Will definitely keep watching.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
This show is something else. Very imaginative and cool that the three leads are all POC. Love how they use music too and how cars are being pulled around like carriages by giant bugs.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Same, just watched the first two eps and had a blast. Already hooked on the characters/voices and animation and learning more about the world, and the designs, soundtrack, and creativity (like many have already said) is kind of amazing. Can't wait to watch more.

Edit: So it was Glimmer's VA, nice, loved the voice and knew she sounded familiar, thanks OP.

Watching this now. Absolutley loving it. The animation and world is absolutely stunning. Everything is top notch.
Yeah. It feels like the whole package even though I've just started.

Studio Mir is so damn good. I've been looking forward to this since there was first word about their next thing and man it's gorgeous.

Last edited:

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
I really like the use of music in this series.

It also feels unique/original, which is hard for post-apocalyptic settings given the over saturation of them.
According to the io9 article, it's the Into the Spiderverse music director, which explains the seemingly effortlessness of it. So many combinations and genres of animal to music to culture clique. It's an utter delight.

The focus on strength being reaching out to form connections, being generous and kind, and finding joy in the world is also really pleasant. It really commits to that philosophy. In addition to being a wild ride. Man what an out of no where experience.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
There's something that happens in episode 6 (I think), that I've never seen in any cartoon aimed at kids. Don't think Nickelodeon or CN would allow that. Sure, it's implied on some shows, but no one ever comes at and says it as explicitly as it's said here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
There's something that happens in episode 6 (I think), that I've never seen in any cartoon aimed at kids. Don't think Nickelodeon or CN would allow that. Sure, it's implied on some shows, but no one ever comes at and says it as explicitly as it's said here.
hmmmm.... I stopped at 5 and I won't be able to watch episode 6 until tonight. I'll let you know when I get there as I watch a lot of cartoons still. (assuming I even notice what you are talking about but I have a guess from what you said :P)

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have to come in and keep praising the show.

Its Avatar the Last Airbender good. But in it's own way.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Oh you'll notice 😊

Interesting, episode 6 is our next episode and we'll probably watch it tonight. I've been enjoying it a lot, plenty of things crack me up and the use of music is great. Pretty sure my daughter is enjoying it too, since she is excited to watch every night this week.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Question: why does no one ask

why Kipo is purple? We hadn't seen other humans at first, so I wasn't sure if it was like a Doug situation where humans are just really colorful, but no one looks like Kipo does. I suppose it's related to her being "part mute," but it not even being noticed by any of the characters is a bit strange.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Question: why does no one ask

why Kipo is purple? We hadn't seen other humans at first, so I wasn't sure if it was like a Doug situation where humans are just really colorful, but no one looks like Kipo does. I suppose it's related to her being "part mute," but it not even being noticed by any of the characters is a bit strange.
I went with the assumption
that surface people like Wolf and Benson and mutes like Dave don't actually know that burrow people AREN'T all pink and different colors. And compared to the weirdness up top, someone being a lighter shade of purple just doesn't ring any cautionary bells to them. In contrast, the burrow people seem like a tightly-knit community so they'd be aware of Kipo's situation since her birth and have long since disregarded it as anything worth making a fuss about

EDIT:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Oh you'll notice 😊
So...
Ok KO beat them to having someone become a catgirl...

jokes aside...

I'm assuming you are talking about the confession and having it get turned down because a main male character is gay. Steven Universe sorta had this with a female character recently, Ok KO and loud house have a similar situation but not nearly as as blatant. The closest with a male character was likely Voltron, but also wasn't as blatant.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Just finished. It was pretty good. Stoked to watch more. Kipo's over excitement is kind of annoying at times, and i think the music is generic and sounds like a car commercial directed to people in their early 20s, but overall... super fun and beautifully Animated.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
I love the show so far. I'm on episode 7. But one thing I cant get around is how fast each episode moves through the narrative. Its like rick and morty all over again for me. I feel like I am in a rollercoaster where I don't have time to absorb in the info presented to me. Its gotten better as the episodes gone on but man, the first two episodes felt like a race.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
Not a show but ParaNorman had a sort of similar scene and that was back in 2012.

Also, this show is real good.

Last edited: