• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Some good news for fans of the PlayStation 4's first exclusive driving game. According to player trophy information, 2014's Driveclub has the largest number of players in the genre, at a staggering 10.5 million.
The numbers come, once again, from the Gamstat trophy tracking page. We reported on the site recently thanks to its updated, 6.6-million strong GT Sport player base figure. That was enough to put Polyphony's sim racer comfortably in the top 100 of PS4 games, but it was beat out by a few others in the racing genre.
At the top of the pile was Evolution Studios' Driveclub. As with the Sport figure, this does come with some caveats: for starters, every figure on the Gamstat site is an estimate. The numbers are based off the My PS4 Life feature, and while Gamstat has revised them as more data becomes available, it's still not a perfect match. Sony's data also comes from some time in November 2018.
more at link

p.s: R.I.P evolution :'(

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
does it really count when the game was free? i have no idea if it's still free now tho

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I thought it said "Most-played game" and I was really befuddled.

Also, man, GT really fell off this generation. Sport's a good game, but it was definitely a big mistake to focus on the eSports scene like it did.

(Also, I remember playing the PS+ version and really not liking it)

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
As it should be, it's the best racing game on PS4. I love Driveclub.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Still boot it up once every few months just to see those weather effects that no one game has even come close to touching.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, early in the cycle, pretty cheap now, there was the limited version on plus. GTS will probably beat it eventually, but it'll take some time.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Good to see it doing so well, it's still one of the best non-Pro-patched looking games on PS4. And those weather effects.

Sony and Evolution must be really pleased with this performance, look forward to their next game..

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I should fire this up again. Shame it never got a Pro update (even supersampling), I would've bought a new console for that.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I legitmately loved this game, probably the only good season pass in existence.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved, it's the best racing game on PS4. It looks so good it's hard to believe it launched with the console.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
The debut was difficult but it was worth it. A shame they killed the team. I would love some ambitious sequel for PS5 launch.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I played this game so much at launch (once I get could get connected I started again), but I just could not get into the handling of the cars. No doubt it was a beauty of a game, but the handling just didn't do it for me. I wish they had a shot at making a sequel, though. Some refinement in handling, and with next-gen (PS5) graphics would have made an excellent game.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man DCs something pretty special for me.

Such a shame that another couple of months of MP testing wouldn't have changed its fortunes as well as Evos...

ps3ud0 8)

Jun 1, 2018
Good to see it doing so well, it's still one of the best non-Pro-patched looking games on PS4. And those weather effects.

Sony and Evolution must be really pleased with this performance, look forward to their next game..
I have bad news for you:
Sony confirms closure of Evolution Studios
DriveClub studio is unfortunately no more

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-03-22-sony-confirms-closure-of-evolution-studio

such a shame...they were one of sonys most talented studios...

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best PS4 exclusive by a long stretch. And also the best dlc ever released (Bikes)

I echo the sentiments that we'll never get a Pro patch. :'(

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
I thought it said "Most-played game" and I was really befuddled.

Also, man, GT really fell off this generation. Sport's a good game, but it was definitely a big mistake to focus on the eSports scene like it did.

(Also, I remember playing the PS+ version and really not liking it)
Ummm it's at 6.6M in slightly over 1 year whereas DC is 3 years older. GTS is fine and on track with previous games.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
No PS4 Pro patch in its future, huh? I know the dev is gone, but surely they could get someone to update it.

Oct 27, 2017
DC is still my most played game this generation. Support was great and I wish Rushy the best in whatever he decides to do next.

Underrated part about DC was that you could boot the game up and be in a race in like 30 seconds. The UI design and flow was amazing.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
As with a large majority of PS+ games I played it for 15 minutes, realized it wasn't for me and uninstalled it. I'm sure if GTS were offered as a PS+ game, it would probably have more players. Regardless...having a lot of players at one point or another play your game =/= profitability. It's player retention and MTX that really matters.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
What about most active at one time though? Or biggest sustained player base ? Driveclub was cheap and amazing but it didn't last, no?

Feb 10, 2018
Just been playing some onRush thanks to gamepass, really fun game, a great gamepass game. Some really talented folks who made drive club.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Evo closing was the saddest story of the gen imo :(
Enjoyed Driveclub for many hours and over a long time.

These amazing point to point tracks...