• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Interesting list from another creator.
Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEvHFgMEMZQ

13. Middle-Earth Shadow of War:
It was one of the better releases of 2017. The combat, parkour and recruitment system is all better. But the game is anti-consumer with MTX, and the padded last act was a waste of time or money grab.

12. Agents of Mayhem:
Developers forgot what players liked. The series turn into this kind of almost SJW kind of a cast of characters that are so diversified that they kind of almost lose their identity because you realize every character is meant to be a different kind of race or some kind of different kind of generalized character to represent another minority group that maybe was missed when they were designing the game. The characters aren't very interesting and aren't very fun with the exception of a few. The game play and missions are incredibly repetitive.

11. Dishonored - Death of the Outsider:
The performance was bad, with wonky physics. He didn't like the stealth system, and lack of abilities to play how you wanted.

10. For Honor:
When it was released the servers were awful P2P, game was riddled with MTX. Population fizzled out.

I think the pattern with a lot of disappointing games for 2017 from all players and creators is going to be MTX.
But man, that Agents of Mayhem recap was really, rough. The game play criticism sounds pretty common and fair.

How do you feel his list is overall? I didn't play Dishonored, but SOME of the reasoning sounds okay.

giphy.gif

Lock and delete if you don't want DSP discussions or threads here.

Nov 3, 2017
Lol, I remember watching this idiot get fucking bodied in For Honor and then complaining it was the game's fault.

And of course he complains about "SJWs"

Deleted member 2102

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that Agents of Mayhem section is the dumbest shit. dude's doubling down on a certain audience I guess

faint

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the less attention we give this guy the better. Whenever he gets name dropped it's because he's pulled (another) stupid act. While I respect the idea of giving personalities their own top lists, this guy has proven to be nothing but a total POS.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird I just played death of the outsider a few weeks ago and went through it pure stealth with a mix of kills/non lethal. You do get less powers than D2 but there's some pretty damn clever ways to use the ones in the expansion, like getting an item you need by stealing someone's face (so to speak) to disguise yourself as them and attend an auction for the item or obtain it in a few other ways. It sounds to me like he just wasn't good enough to figure out a way through areas, which given this dude's history is the most likely reason.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"SJW"

Yeah, no, this person deserves neither my time, nor my attention, nor any revenue generated from my time or attention.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
I feel the reasoning behind Shadow od War is just dukb when it was proven thw MTX in that game were not intrusive.

I had to actually go search for thwn in the menu at first.

So if he says the game was good it feels like his reason for hating it is arbitrary.

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This guy becomes invalid since he's a well-known racist, misogynist, hypocrite and scammer/con artist. His opinion on games changes like the blow of the wind, one week he'll trash a game like PUBG/Dishonoured then the next week he'll reflect to say they weren't that bad in hindsight if only it supports his narrative of being correct 100% of the time.

Nov 12, 2017
This guy becomes invalid since he's a well-known racist, misogynist, hypocrite and scammer/con artist. His opinion on games changes like the blow of the wind, one week he'll trash a game like PUBG/Dishonoured then the next week he'll reflect to say they weren't that bad in hindsight if only it supports his narrative of being correct 100% of the time.

Exactly. For a month he called Persona 5 GOTY contender, then when he got hit with a copyright strike as a mistake, he called it shit, lol.

Joezie

Nov 6, 2017
DSP doesn't like stealth games? *Mild shock*

If his previous Stealth game playthroughs are any indication(though you could probably apply to it any game really), he has a dislike to the system because Phils play style is to basically treat every game in existence like Space Marine.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed For Honor. Great game for me. Single player campaign was good and I enjoyed played as all three characters. Combat was fucking awesome and hard as hell if you remove all the button prompts and HUD stuff. Don't care about the online aspects of the game.

MrBoBo

Nov 6, 2017
Honestly, the less attention we give this guy the better. Whenever he gets name dropped it's because he's pulled (another) stupid act. While I respect the idea of giving personalities their own top lists, this guy has proven to be nothing but a total POS.

Perhaps a desperate for monetization DSP knew that inflaming easily riled up feminist/progressives on certain forums would give him free publicity by creating a huge bulls-eye on his head.

dd63d86372c280dc30715b3a8254c15b.jpg

Last edited:

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Locking this for now.

At this moment we are going with a no on giving DSP a platform here on ERA.

Status
Not open for further replies.