• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
The DualSense
Features
  • Haptic Feedback (HF): Refers to the two Voice Coil Actuators present on the DualSense, they are capable of a wide range of vibrations and are superior to the Rumble present on today's controllers.
ps5_dualsense_haptic.gif
  • Adaptive Triggers (AT): Triggers that can create a variable resistance against its movement.
ps5_dualsense_triggers.gif
  • Built-in Gyroscope: The DualSense is the only official next-gen controller to have a gyroscope, this allows for features like gyro-aim.​
  • Built-in Speaker: The DualSense continues this DS4 feature for greater immersion in games.​
  • Built-in Microphone: The DualSense features a mic array that will let you communicate with your friends in parties and games, also enabling dictation on the PS5 UI.​
  • Built-in Astrobot: Yes, every DualSense comes with its own Astrobot. It's your new best friend!​
astros-playroom-4.jpg
  • USB-C port
  • 3.5mm headphone jack: Experience the Tempest Engine's 3D Audio with any stereo headphone connected through the jack.​
List of supported games
  • Astro's Playroom -- Showcase game for the DualSense, expected to tackle all new features in innovative ways. Source.
  • Avengers -- The developers plan to support features like the Adaptive Triggers (AT) and Haptic Feedback (HF). Source.
  • Bugsnax -- The developers promise the full use of DualSense features and say they are exploring multisensorial feedback, cites example of changes in terrain via HF. Source.
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War -- DualSense HF support. DualSense AT support. Source. Source.
  • Deathloop -- AT block simulates weapon jam. Source.
  • Demon's Souls -- HF showcases the force of bosses with a well-timed guard, gives feedback in well-timed parries and succesful attacks and spells. Source.
  • Destruction AllStars -- AT gives different feedback for each car and HF simulates the impact of ramming. Source.
  • Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition -- Supports AT (L2) and HF has different sensations for different weapons. Source.
  • DiRT 5 -- DualSense controller support. Source.
  • FIFA 21 -- DualSense HF support. Source.
  • Fortnite -- HF makes you feel like you are holding the weapons and AT is integrated on long range weapons. Source. (Thanks SolidSnakex )
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo -- AT simulate recoil and HF offers "textured" nuances. Source.
  • Godfall -- DualSense is utilized so the player can differentiate between weapons without looking at the UI and can locate enemies spatially via the controller. Source. More info.
  • Goodbye Volcano High -- HF conveys the difficulty of some decisions being made. Source.
  • Gran Turismo 7 -- AT simulate ABS braking and HF is integrated with sound design. Source.
  • Heavenly Bodies -- Not gonna lie, it has a lot of things related to the DualSense, please give it a look. (Looks fun too!) Source.
  • Hogwarts Legacy -- DualSense HF support (really subtle messaging). Source. (Thanks Xextil )
  • Hood: Outlaws & Legends -- The developers confirm full use of the HF. Source.
  • Horizon Forbidden West -- AT is used to differentiate weapons. Source.
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising -- DualSense HF support. Source. (Thanks Xextil )
  • Jett: The Far Shore -- The developers said the game has a strong focus on haptics. They don't disclose features yet. Source.
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits -- DualSense HF and AT support. Source. (Thanks MarsipanRumpan )
  • Madden 21 -- DualSense HF support. Source.
  • Maneater -- DualSense controller support. Source.
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales -- HF showcases the Venom powers of Miles. Source.
  • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered -- DualSense AT and HF support. Source.
  • MXGP 2020 -- DualSense controller support. Source. (Thanks Xextil )
  • NBA 2K21 -- AT simulate energy/fatigue and HF highlights collisions. Source.
  • Nioh Remastered -- DualSense AT support. Source.
  • Nioh 2 Remastered -- DualSense AT support. Source.
  • No Man's Sky -- DualSense controller support. Source. (Thanks SolidSnakex )
  • Nour: Play With Your Food -- The developers plan to support features like the AT and HF. Source.
  • Observer: System Redux -- The developers want to support HF and AT. Source. Trailer!
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm -- AT simulate struggle. Source.
  • Overcooked! All You Can Eat -- Developers tease DualSense features. Source.
  • Praey for the Gods -- DualSense controller support. Source. (Thanks Xextil )
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart -- AT simulate multiple fire modes in weapons. Source.
  • Resident Evil Village -- HF and AT simulate the feel, pull and weight of weapons. Source. (Thanks Lacrimosis )
  • Returnal -- AT switch between firing modes, supports HF. Source.
  • Ride 4 -- AT simulate gas and brake levers and HF showcases the vehicle's vibrations. Source.
  • Rock Band 4 -- Supports DualSense's microphone for singing. Source. (Thanks mreddie )
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure -- AT simulate struggle as Sackboy carries objects. AT also present on the grappling hook. Source.
  • Solar Ash -- The developers said the DualSense could give feedback they had not known was possible. They don't disclose features yet. Source.
  • The Pathless -- AT simulate the tension of the bowstring and HF helps with the timing of shots. Source.
  • Warframe -- Support for AT, support for HF soon. Source. (Thanks Optmst )
  • Watch Dogs: Legion -- DualSense HF and AT support. Source. Source.
  • WRC 9 -- DualSense controller support. Source.
Buttons
49747503557_566da5ebc8_3k.jpg
49747502797_ba4ef26976_3k.jpg
  • Face buttons, d-pad, OPTIONS, touchpad, R1/R3, L1/L3 and analog sticks supposedly work the same way as the DS4.
  • CREATE is the substitute of the SHARE button, it can do the same as the SHARE button but extra capabilities are still unknown.
  • R2 and L2 are now Adaptive Triggers.
  • Built-in microphone.
  • New MUTE button can mute your DualSense mic. Please note the MUTE button will faintly glow red when the mic is muted.
  • PS button now takes one tap to open the Control Center and a long press to go Home.
  • White LEDs on the bottom of the touchpad indicate the player count.
Further reading
Gallery
017.jpg
018.jpg

019.jpg
020.jpg

More Info
  • Compatibility: The DualSense seems to have partial compatibility with PC, PS4 and Android even though its box states it's only compatible with the PS5. Source. The controller is compatible with the PS3.
  • Price and Availability: $69.99, €69.99 and £59.99. Available now at some retailers.
The Tempest Engine
Features
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech: A RDNA2 CU modified to resemble an SPU. It's the processor that powers PS5 3D Audio capabilities, using thousands of sources for spatial audio.
0-CC6-BB4-C-F3-C2-4-BAC-86-E7-7-A34544-FDFFE.jpg
  • HRFT Profiling: At the PS5 launch, choose from 5 different HRTF profiles to better experience its 3D Audio capabilities.
F6112083-352-D-465-D-BE36-97085407-D36-E.png
List of supported games (Thanks McFly )
  • Astro's Playroom -- Source.
  • Avengers -- Source.
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla -- Source.
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War -- Source.
  • Demon's Souls -- Source.
  • Destruction AllStars -- Source.
  • Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition -- Source.
  • DiRT 5 -- Source.
  • FIFA 21 -- Source.
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo -- Source.
  • Gran Turismo 7 -- Source.
  • Horizon Forbidden West -- Source.
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising -- Source.
  • Jett: The Far Shore -- Source.
  • Madden 21 -- Source.
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales -- Source.
  • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered -- Source.
  • Nioh Remastered -- Source.
  • Nioh 2 Remastered -- Source.
  • No Man's Sky -- Source.
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart -- Source.
  • Resident Evil Village -- Source.
  • Returnal -- Source.
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure -- Source.
  • Watch Dogs: Legion -- Source.
FAQ
  • Q: Does it support the back button attachment?
    • A: No.
  • Q: Do I need the Pulse 3D to enjoy 3D Audio?
    • A: No, any stereo headphone connected either via controller or via USB (on the console) will be enough for the 3D Audio.
Please inform any problem with broken sources. Feel free to point games that should be on the lists.

Last edited:

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Incredible job OP!

it seems the only major game that hasn't announced Dualsense features is AC Valhalla

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
It's funny they've said that the Create button is going to do something specially different.

It feels impossible to speculate because all you can really do is take a screenshot, record a video or broadcast.

What else can you create? Haha

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
An OT for a controller? I can dig it. Honestly I am interested with the implementation for racing/driving games the most. The rumble on Driveclub for the PS4 was amazing.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
The mad man actually did it, nice.

I expect lots of first impressions to be in here soon.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm extremly curious about the Adaptive Triggers. I want to know if it will be as I expect an experiential feature, but not one people use in competitive games. I could see additional resistance being an access-ability issue and so unless everyone has it on people will just turn it off if it slows down inputs in any way.

Hoping there are some really awesome features people can design around this new mechanism. I'm also just not trying to get my hopes up that it will be a game changer.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny they've said that the Create button is going to do something specially different.

It feels impossible to speculate because all you can really do is take a screenshot, record a video or broadcast.

Should get a video with the createt feature along with the create studio soon. I can feel it like this week soon

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

I think you can Activities or challenges. There was a button left to screen shot they didn't go into yet.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I hope I can disable the mic at a system level.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT! This controller is actually what I'm most excited for with next gen, primarily the tension triggers.

9milli

Oct 30, 2017
The support for the features is off to a great start. The haptic feedback in Xbox One triggers didn't get much love.

OP
OP
Praedyth

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
Thanks, everyone! There's still a lot to be known about the DualSense but the support looks amazing so far.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
A controller can get its own OT? Not complaining, loving what I've heard about the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. But let's make "blow into the controller as an input" a one-time thing, please

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
The new controller is one of the reasons I'm most excited for the PS5. I'm a sucker for this kind of interaction so it'll be really neat to feel in practice. I hope it's widely supported outside the launch period

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
This is my most hyped thing for next gen! I really think the adaptive triggers are going to become a new standard like the analog stick.

Looks like there's a ton of 3rd party support too!

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Super cool OT!!! Thanks for the info. I am super excited for the new tech in the controller, and having all the info here and seeing the games I am getting support it is awesome!!

OP
OP
Praedyth

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
Great thread. Thanks for compiling all this info. Excited to see so many devs making use of the tech.

Here's my thread from a few months ago for anybody that may be interested in a little more light reading on the subject. I'm really excited to try this controller out.

Understanding the difference between Dualsense's Adaptive Triggers and Xbox's Impulse Triggers (they're not the same)
Added to 'Further reading', I saw your thread back in the day, very informative.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Great OP!

Man, there's so much stuff going on with this controller. I can't wait to get my hands on it. Nice to see so much developer support out of the gate and I hope it continues. I think it will.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
VERY nice OT. So at worst we'll know by next friday if Dualsense works on a PS4