• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Update: 4.3 million likes in 24 hours makes the DualSense 5 the second most liked gaming post in Instagrams history.

Current record holder: PS5 Logo with over 5 Million likes in 24 hours

Third most popular gaming post on instagram: Fortnite Marvel Crossover with 2.7million likes

Also

DualSense 5 is the most liked gaming Tweet on twitter

• #1 - Fortnite Chapter 2 Black Hole event (235k)
  • #2 - PS5 holiday 2020 reveal launch window (213k)
  • #3 - PS5 controller design reveal (200k and still up)
Shout out to SolidSnakex and ArmGunar for the twitter stats and confirmation.

Last edited:

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still think its a white controller with a black bikini.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
How do you see the most liked gaming posts on instagram?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense. It looks cool as hell and the majority loves it. Now wait until they fully reveal the PS5 and its games....
48102395567171174410k0r.png

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
dat thirst, still not a fan of the color scheme, reminds me of some scifi helmet but I can't figure out which one...

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it is comfortable. Sony has been 0/4 on comfort so far. Or maybe .5/4 with the DS4.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dont think it will surpass PS5 logo in likes

It will generate a lot more conversation though

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Can't you buy Instagram likes?

Never entirely sure why anyone would treat this as a reliable market research tool. It's the easiest possible thing to manipulate.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Said it in the other thread but it's going to be the best selling accessory next-gen.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't you buy Instagram likes?

Never entirely sure why anyone would treat this as a reliable market research tool. It's the easiest possible thing to manipulate.

The engagement around it proves it is not artificially inflated tho

There are more than 110k comments on the Instagram post alone.

Not to mention other social media accounts like Facebook (their biggest ever post on their account) and Twitter (also their biggest ever tweet on their account)

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
I'd suspect any major corporation of doing it.

It isn't inevitable - the PlayStation brand has a ton of followers & engagement, so this many likes isn't really unbelievable. But the sheer fact it could be manipulated by an advertising budget, means it's an unreliable metric of success.

Then why aren't the other ones doing it? Google, Facebook, Microsoft

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I don't think it matters tho, Sony will definitely break those records again with the console design. I was kinda hoping for someone to make the pun DueSensual, but ok.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd suspect any major corporation of doing it.

It isn't inevitable - the PlayStation brand has a ton of followers & engagement, so this many likes isn't really unbelievable. But the sheer fact it could be manipulated by an advertising budget, means it's an unreliable metric of success.
The tinfoil is strong with this one.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I just did my part. God that controller looks amazing. I'm getting a PS5 in white. You CAN'T stop me.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Not to downplay anything at all but this points less to a revolutionary PS5 marketing scheme and more to the decades-long build up of Sony's Playstation brand into an absolute juggernaut.

I just find it fascinating how power dynamics can work within such immense industries like gaming, really.

BestTestie

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
That's what happens when you decide to reveal key facts about your brand new console through completely random social media. Should have just done a tradtional (digital) press conference and gotten this over with already, would have way more eyes that way. But I guess these drip-feed social media posts that go viral for a day are way better than a proper reveal where millions tune in in the eyes of everyone here.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
That's what happens when you decide to reveal key facts about your brand new console through completely random social media. Should have just done a tradtional (digital) press conference and gotten this over with already, would have way more eyes that way. But I guess these drip-feed social media posts that go viral for a day are way better than a proper reveal where millions tune in in the eyes of everyone here.
To do a digital press conference they would still have to get tons of people together in a single location to pull it off, something companies just aren't doing right now.