• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
7 hours of autonomy with other games, this is according to Everyeye

www.everyeye.it

PlayStation 5 Recensione: la console next-gen Sony alla prova

PlayStation 5 rappresenta la nuova generazione dei videogiochi secondo Sony: come se la cava al debutto la console next-gen della casa giapponese?

However, a slightly lower autonomy than that of the DualShock 4 must be taken into account. With Astro's Playroom, a title that deliberately amplifies the sensations triggered by DualSense and also makes extensive use of the integrated microphone, it remains under four hours of use, while with other products the seven hours of play are more easily reached.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
<4 hours because they have activated the Dualsense features right?

Disabling them will save battery i guess

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
7 hours for someone like me, who charges the controller on the console after each play session, seems fine, but 4 hours is quite short, very short.

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
Like this gen with my PS4 I think buying two controllers and a charging stand is the smart option.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Glad I locked in that charging station and an extra controller.

Oct 25, 2017
lol this is pretty pathetic but also astro's playroom apparently uses the haptics literally 24/7, other games shouldn't be nearly this draining

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
4 hours! Shit using the controller features really drains that battery. Not the greatest of news.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
Dave2d mentioned this as well in his ps5 review. He did say that the top end of battery life is around 7 hours - that is if the game isn't using the haptics really aggressively.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
That cant be true. Only 7 hours? I mean i game 2 hours top per day but charging every two or three days sound like too much.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Does the controller quick charge? If so that's fine. If not it's pretty meh. Switch pro controller lasts so long but I get it, more features and all that.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
4 hours WITH the Dualsense things disabled? God damn ... why did they cheap out on the battery again if they've been stuffing pricey things into it already?

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Well duh it's tech demo for the controllers. It's like running CPU/GPU benchmark lol.

I've read that the battery typically lasts 10 hours-ish on one of the article I think.

4 hours WITH the Dualsense things disabled? God damn ... why did they cheap out on the battery again if they've been stuffing pricey things into it already?
It doesn't say that...

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Dave Lee says in his YT review he also got 4 hours in Astrobot but that is if he "stands this thing on a very rumbly part of the level"

youtu.be

PlayStation 5 Review - With Great Power...

My review of the PS5 vs Xbox Series X with a look at it's ray tracing capabilities in Spider-Man: Miles MoralesIf you want to support the channel, consider a...

@5:10

I could see 4 hours with constant haptic usage, but otherwise it would indeed be disappointingly poor battery life.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
That game is hammering the haptics right? Makes sense but I imagine other games will have an easier time.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honest question, what's the point of all of these new features if they tank the battery life?

Nintendo Switch battery life running games last longer than the Dual Sense. Let's let that sink in....

Damn...

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
With a 1560mAh 6.6Wh battery? Bloody hell. That thing is incredibly thirsty.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
And this right here is why I will turn off Dual Sense features immediately. Fuck short-ass battery life.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Honest question, what's the point of all of these new features if they tank the battery life?

Nintendo Switch battery life running games last longer than the Dual Sense. Let's let that sink in....

Damn...

You can just disable them?

People are saying it really improves the games though.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
The fuck? Surely not? I hated having to play with my DS4 plugged in half the time. There's got to be a better balance of adding these cool new features and getting decent battery life.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Very disappointing to hear. All these great new features in a controller that'll either need to be turned off or reduced to get a decent charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.