• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
very nice. Anyone know if it's possible they implement wireless controller updates down the line?

Oct 27, 2017
Just release a damn wireless adapter and be done with it. It can't be that hard for a company like Sony.
They've already released one in the past for the DualShock 4, plus I'm not sure having a wireless adapter or not would help with why they're releasing a updater application which is to update the firmware on the DualSense which currently has to be wired to the PS5 for it to get updated.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Please let this mean more support on pc for the thing, I really wish Microsoft would just rip the band aid off and put our a controller with the dualsense features so I have the ultimate controller.

I hate that by MS not supporting it so many games on pc that could totally support the features miss out.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
They've already released one in the past for the DualShock 4, plus I'm not sure having a wireless adapter or not would help with why they're releasing a updater application which is to update the firmware on the DualSense which currently has to be wired to the PS5 for it to get updated.
I guess I should have been clearer and not the "old man yells at the clouds".

I want an easier way to play wirelessly and an easier way to use my DS on my PC from my couch. A Wireless adapter would solve all of those problems. I'm not a fan of attaching cables to play on my PC or using them to update when I use my PS5 and now PC.

They would sell a truck ton of controllers if they release a wireless adapter for PC with native support.

Burgess_101

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I should have been clearer and not the "old man yells at the clouds".

I want an easier way to play wirelessly and an easier way to use my DS on my PC from my couch. A Wireless adapter would solve all of those problems. I'm not a fan of attaching cables to play on my PC or using them to update when I use my PS5 and now PC.

They would sell a truck ton of controllers if they release a wireless adapter for PC with native support.
I have been playing wirelessly with my Dualsense on both Linux and Windows with zero issues over Bluetooth. Though I would also appreciate a native dongle too.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Please let this mean more support on pc for the thing, I really wish Microsoft would just rip the band aid off and put our a controller with the dualsense features so I have the ultimate controller.

I hate that by MS not supporting it so many games on pc that could totally support the features miss out.
Microsoft needs to support non-Xbox controllers on PC Game Pass. It's wild that have this huge lack of compatibility for other controllers for their games. I don't know if it's the same on Steam or not.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Microsoft needs to support non-Xbox controllers on PC Game Pass. It's wild that have this huge lack of compatibility for other controllers for their games. I don't know if it's the same on Steam or not.
Steam Input can basically take any controller and remap it to an Xbox controller in case a game doesn't support DualShock/DualSense. Most games naturally support Xbox controllers on PC which is what you see on PC Game Pass. It's the same on Epic Games and shit.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to configure the button prompts on Elden Ring to DualSense instead of the Xbox ones?

It's driving me nuts.
Isn't that something you'd need to do with a game mod?
There have been some games with Playstation buttons built in (like I think some of the Far Cry games and Batman Arkham Knight off the top of my mind. Could be wrong) but otherwise there are usually mods per game that do what you're looking for.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Just release a damn wireless adapter and be done with it. It can't be that hard for a company like Sony.
It's not that it's difficult, it's that there's a thousand different Bluetooth adapters on the market already. Buy one for $10 and game wirelessly fam. Microsoft made their own wireless adapter for Xbox and it's $25 USD and constantly sold out (edit: as I'm writing this it is in stock on Amazon but I digress). No need for proprietary solutions when an open one works just fine.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was in an Apple store last week and was surprised to see they carry the Dualsense as the controller of choice for Apple TV. Good update.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
It's not that it's difficult, it's that there's a thousand different Bluetooth adapters on the market already. Buy one for $10 and game wirelessly fam. Microsoft made their own wireless adapter for Xbox and it's $25 USD and constantly sold out (edit: as I'm writing this it is in stock on Amazon but I digress). No need for proprietary solutions when an open one works just fine.
Do you have the haptic features with a reg Bluetooth adapter? I have a couple of the here not being used. A while ago, I tried the Bluetooth on my Mobo but it wasn't functioning correctly with.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Do you have the haptic features with a reg Bluetooth adapter? I have a couple of the here not being used. A while ago, I tried the Bluetooth on my Mobo but it wasn't functioning correctly with.
No, the advanced DualSense features only work over a wired connection as far as I've seen but there's only a handful of games that support it anyway. PCGamingWiki lists 17 titles with either adaptive trigger or haptic feedback support and they all require the controller to be wired. - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Controller:DualSense

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Hey so currently PS Now only let's you play/stream PS4,PS3,PS2 games via PC app?

So now the new service will let you stream PS5,PSP,PS1 games? I didn't realize that. That's a pretty big deal for PC players. (Even if streaming only)

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that this is probably in part due to them eventually releasing dualsense compatible games in the future. Would probably wanna have the best experience even with some games already supporting it through cable. We already know some of their own are coming from the nvidia leak.