• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

V23

Oct 27, 2017

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
I'm going to set both to the share button and take so many pictures.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I heard you cannot bind touchpad click to the back buttons, which is extremely disappointing if true. Could have opened lots of possibilities on PC. What a waste of potential.

Last edited:

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
What up with Amazon shipping in Feb?
I swear I got in on a pre-order the second it was available on Amazon :/

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds nice with the clicking and interested in picking it up to try out. When it comes to paddle usage (have the elite), it varies between games but mostly use it for sprint and (X/O) which is either jumping,dodging, crouching basically best used for mobility. Holding down L3 isn't comfortable and while there's click sprinting I'm used to holding buttons for sprint as it feels like it gives better control especially since I use shift hold a lot on PC. Dodging in most games pretty much so that you rarely take your thumb off the analog except for healing.

Personally, I could understand it more with the Elite because switching between the trigger and bumpers is actually more of an annoyance since the controller is more slanted, towards the triggers making bumpers more difficult to press.
Really? For me it's the opposite lol. I hit the bumpers with like the insides of my index fingers with my index fingers never really leaving the triggers. Just kinda like "shifting up" a bit. I've not been able to do that with the L1/R1 buttons since there's like a gap in between L1/R1 and L2/R2. I remember it did take me a while to hit the bumpers that way at the beginning of the gen, so I understand if other people don't do it like I do.

Yeah, though. While I'd like to have 4, since there's only 2 buttons on this thing, I think Sprint and Jump are my go to actions to map to them (unless the game is weird or something). If you could them remap controls in-game, I think I'd finagle it so L3 would then be crouch, and if it was possible for the game (unless R1 was some really heavily used button), map R1 to reload (which might make me play musical chairs with a lot of other buttons, game dependent). For most games, I don't think I'd go through all that work though, especially with only two back buttons to use as substitutes.

edit: for Dark Souls (2 SotFS, 3, and remastered) I'd recommend using one for O to run, and another to L3, then in-game set jump to L3. Then you finally have a good jump button. It'll feel even better if you set L3 to a back-button you're already used to using for jump in other games.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
I heard you cannot bind touchpad click to the back buttons, which is extremely disappointing if true. Could have opened lots of possibilities on PC. What a waste of potential.
It supports remapping 16 of the buttons. If touchpad click isn't one of them, what is?

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
Do these only come in black, or will there be multiple colours? I dont have a black ds4 so i'd prefer to colour match this properly.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah getting one. Thought they would be crap but they seem good and L3/R3 replacement is wort it. And hopefully this makes the DS4 ready for PS5. Would love for the buttons to show up as extra buttons on PC though.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Back paddles should be a standard.
I cant believe we're still have gamepads that ask you to drop camera control when you want to use action buttons.

score01

Oct 27, 2017

I can see how that could be a problem - some games have clicks on the left and right side of the trackpad do different things?

KeyChainDude

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised with all the hate for L3/R3 in this thread lol I have no issues with either.

The accessory is probably not for me, but I will be glad if the paddles come as standard in the next Dualshock controllers.

Jun 2, 2019
The reviews look glowing. If I still had my Dual Shock 4 I'd buy this on a heartbeat. Hopefully Nintendo will follow suit some day.

If they don't, I may end up buying a Power A controller, I really love back buttons/paddles

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Huh. Positive impressions has me more interested in this now. Still not sure if I'd buy it though. I feel like this would be so useful for DMC5 but at the same time, I can't think of a use for it right now since I've gotten myself used to my configurations there. For Dante and Nero at least. V, on the other hand... Hmm.
I can answer questions about it if you have any.
Remapping a button to them doesn't mean the original buttons will lose its original functionality, right? Like, I can essentially have two Square buttons working at the same time?

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I can see how that could be a problem - some games have clicks on the left and right side of the trackpad do different things?

The potential importance of touchpad click on PC is that it could basically be a free extra button that does not interfere with any others when using it. I'm pretty sure it bypasses the physical touch when you would normally physically click the pad, so you could use Steam input and an action layer to make the touchpad do something different when you physically touch it. Could use that to turn a grip into a free gyro trigger, or an action layer for hotkeys or other stuff.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
People have this weird fundamentalism when it comes to controllers.

See some people's bizarre objections to the idea of Gyro even being an option.

I want to add the weird feeling some people have that aiming should be hard and that mouse-like precision makes aiming too easy and ruins immersion that way. I mean if I really lean myself out of the window I could see a tiny silver to this point but yeah dual-analog surely isn't the be all, end all perfect way of controller gaming and yet some people cling to the most basic form for it as if their lives depend on it. The gyro example you mentioned is indicative of that too.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Huh. Positive impressions has me more interested in this now. Still not sure if I'd buy it though. I feel like this would be so useful for DMC5 but at the same time, I can't think of a use for it right now since I've gotten myself used to my configurations there. For Dante and Nero at least. V, on the other hand... Hmm.

Remapping a button to them doesn't mean the original buttons will lose its original functionality, right? Like, I can essentially have two Square buttons working at the same time?

No it doesn't. That would be silly.

This thing just "tricks" the controller in thinking you're pressing the original button, while you're not.

For me personally it doesn't work with fighting/melee based games, because using my thumb for that, feels more natural. I use my FPS Strike Pack in The Witcher 3, for example. But only for looting stuff, sprinting and and riding my horse + some addition commands that require pressing square. When Geralt enters battle mode, I just use circle and square on the face-side.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking them up after the impressions but unfortunately they're part of Sony's "make the Germans bleed money" strategy which I notice more and more often recently. €40 compared to other international prices? Fuck off with that, Sony!

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
I was looking them up after the impressions but unfortunately they're part of Sony's "make the Germans bleed money" strategy which I notice more and more often recently. €40 compared to other international prices? Fuck off with that, Sony!
Yeah, i was suprised that amazon.de lists them as 39.99 € which is $44,56 atm. Like wtf.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
I'd really like to try it out for accessebility reasons, but it's too expensive for me to risk it.
People say it's cheap, but it's half a DS4's price for two buttons.

EDIT:
LOL even more ridiculous.