• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just tried setting the third profile to empty binds and it deleted the third profile.
Then I did the same to the second profile.
I dare not do it to the main profile.

Is there no way to create an empty profile and how do I get back the other profiles?

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I just tried setting the third profile to empty binds and it deleted the third profile.
Then I did the same to the second profile.
I dare not do it to the main profile.

Is there no way to create an empty profile and how do I get back the other profiles?

You can't set a profile to a completely empty bind.

Double-click the big button to cycle between the three profiles.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't set a profile to a completely empty bind.

Double-click the big button to cycle between the three profiles.
There's literally just the first profile remaining lol.

PlayStation® Official Site: Consoles, Games, Accessories & More

Explore the new generation PlayStation 4 and PS5 consoles - experience immersive gaming with thousands of hit games in every genre to rewrite the rules for what a PlayStation console can do.

Looks like I can do a complete reset to the thing at least.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
There's literally just the first profile remaining lol.

PlayStation® Official Site: Consoles, Games, Accessories & More

Explore the new generation PlayStation 4 and PS5 consoles - experience immersive gaming with thousands of hit games in every genre to rewrite the rules for what a PlayStation console can do.

Looks like I can do a complete reset to the thing at least.

Dang, didn't know that. I'm glad they provide a way to reset it.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Hook up the back button attachment, it works! Became a fingerprint magnet instantly, wipe it down with a microfiber cloth, scratches to shit instantly, lol. Good thing I wont be looking at the back too often :p

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Used it over the weekend, playing Modern Warfare I set them to jumo and crouch. They feel nice and natural to use and the buttons have a good clikcy feel. I just need to remember that they are actually there to use!

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Picked one up from GAME (shudder) on Saturday and it's really nice. Been practicing using it for gear changes in GT Sport and it feels really good. Wasn't sure when I first saw picture but it doesn't feel unwieldy.

Did chuckle to myself when the assistant in GAME was selling a copy of Dreams to this guy next to me and was giving him the hard sell on the back button saying how Dreams has been advertised with it so it'd be be really beneficial to get it alongside the title. Fortunately he said he'd give it some thought as I nearly jumped in and explained how they're not extra buttons as the assistant said but just let you move two of them.

Honestly, that store is just garbage.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Used it over the weekend, playing Modern Warfare I set them to jumo and crouch. They feel nice and natural to use and the buttons have a good clikcy feel. I just need to remember that they are actually there to use!

I would recommend using Tactical layout, so crouch is sitting under R3 and then map jump + reload/melee to the paddles.

I've been using this thing since Friday. Took me some getting used to after a couple of years with the Strike Pack, but being wireless is so good. And The Witcher 3 is practically unplayable without this thing. Sprinting on your horse or with Geralt and all the precise looting. So much better.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Haven't used mine too much yet because Divinity 2 is so slow paced that I haven't really needed it.

Found a nice use case on PC though: move the Options functionality to the touchpad click, then bind a grip button to the options button and use it like a unique button for stuff like triggering gyro, mode-shifting dpad and button pad into other functions, etc.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I have to say, i really like this back button thing. Not having to click sticks anymore is really nice.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
So, no really interested in this device at first, but reading impressions seems it may be a good fit for certain games. Does anyone use it for fighting games?

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
Been learning to use this in Destiny 2 (LP-X, RP-O) and GTSport (Paddles as gears) and it's bloody good! I'm confused how folk are accidentally pressing them.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I've been really enjoying using this on Ace Combat 7 lately, have the left button for changing targets (triangle) and the right for firing missiles (circle) which I think has minimized face button travel since you still need to use square and x/cross as well.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I have to say, i really like this back button thing. Not having to click sticks anymore is really nice.

Are you just using this for pressing L3 and R3? That's like the biggest waste of the added buttons I can think of. Both are literally already underneath your thumbs 99% of the time and don't limit control like at all.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I use mine for some games, but not for all. Love it with GT Sport and Overwatch. Getting used to it in Crash Team Racing. Also works fantastically for DMC5.

So, no really interested in this device at first, but reading impressions seems it may be a good fit for certain games. Does anyone use it for fighting games?

Probably not great for fighting games unless you don't play "super seriously". My only experience playing fighting games requires me to use a claw grip, which means the buttons are utterly useless. You can't program macros to them, only single button inputs.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Been learning to use this in Destiny 2 (LP-X, RP-O) and GTSport (Paddles as gears) and it's bloody good! I'm confused how folk are accidentally pressing them.

I have long fingers, and it happens when I use R3 or L3. Definitely noticable in Apex Legends when I'm dashing, while having jump bonded to LP.

I'll try it for other games but it's becoming more of an annoyance than helpful.

Hopefully the DS5 design makes this less of an issue.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I use mine for some games, but not for all. Love it with GT Sport and Overwatch. Getting used to it in Crash Team Racing. Also works fantastically for DMC5.

Probably not great for fighting games unless you don't play "super seriously". My only experience playing fighting games requires me to use a claw grip, which means the buttons are utterly useless. You can't program macros to them, only single button inputs.

Oh hell yes, using them for fighters is super fun, because while 8byte mentions you can only use them for single button inputs, you can use it creatively to make certain combos easier to preform without having to use a crazy claw grip.

One example is in Garou. There is a special version of terry's power dunk that lets you cancel it if you press a shoulder button almost a couple frames after you do the motion with a face button.

Timing the input with my thumb and pointer was a pain in the ass without reconfiguring controls and then you would have to relearn your moves. With these back buttons I putt the button I need to hit to cancel on the right bumper and I can activate it faster than pressing l1 or r1 and can do it flawlessly now.

Honestly think they might be banned because I can see this allowing for some links that were very strict to be easy now.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Should have listened to the early war'ing from the american users here. I can't find it anywhere in France. I have my preorder on standby at the FNAC.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Oh hell yes, using them for fighters is super fun, because while 8byte mentions you can only use them for single button inputs, you can use it creatively to make certain combos easier to preform without having to use a crazy claw grip.

One example is in Garou. There is a special version of terry's power dunk that lets you cancel it if you press a shoulder button almost a couple frames after you do the motion with a face button.

Timing the input with my thumb and pointer was a pain in the ass without reconfiguring controls and then you would have to relearn your moves. With these back buttons I putt the button I need to hit to cancel on the right bumper and I can activate it faster than pressing l1 or r1 and can do it flawlessly now.

Honestly think they might be banned because I can see this allowing for some links that were very strict to be easy now.

Yea, I can imagine for people who don't use claw grip it could be useful. I'm not sure I could re-train my brain to play Tekken w/out using the claw grip...though I imagine that this would make pulling off King's infamous Rolling Death Cradle much easier (not that it has any utility in competitive play, but it's super fun to pull off on your friends when they come over for casual matches, lol).

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
Are you just using this for pressing L3 and R3? That's like the biggest waste of the added buttons I can think of. Both are literally already underneath your thumbs 99% of the time and don't limit control like at all.
I think using other buttons is a more effective use of the device, but also a lot of people find it hard to push in the sticks without doing accidental stick direction inputs, and/or find it really doesn't "feel" good to press sticks in like that.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
This is a item of very subjective use, so what is ideal for me may not be ideal for you, and vice versa.

For me, its use depends on the game and borderlands 3 is all ive used it for (so far) and yes, I used it for l3 and r3. Clicking sticks is cancer and nothing you say will change my mind about it. I already do significantly better using the back button for this (being able to melee while panning the camera makes a big difference, especially when there are a lot of enemies). I just got it (the back button) and have only played borderlands 3 with it. I, sadly, don't have the luxury of playing everyday and when I do it's not always for an extended period. I got on and my friends were on playing borderlands so i joined them. So that is the only thing I can comment on about it so far.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Mine arrived an hour ago and i've been playing a little bit with it (mostly some MHW hunts): the buttons are decent, with a nice click feel on them, but i dont like their position and i think they break the ergonomics of the controller a little bit (if you grip the controller your middle fingers rest on them, which may lead to some unwanted presses).

It doesnt help that i'm used to a modded controller where i use my ring fingers instead, so yeah, i'ts gonna take a while for me to get used to it.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I've given it a go now and found it really handy for--of all things--Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I'd initially went for having L3 and R3 for Eagle Vision and camera centralisation but given how much you need to claw in this game, X and R2 have made general gameplay so much more comfy.

Looking forward to giving it a go with a more intense game.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
Mine arrived an hour ago and i've been playing a little bit with it (mostly some MHW hunts): the buttons are decent, with a nice click feel on them, but i dont like their position and i think they break the ergonomics of the controller a little bit (if you grip the controller your middle fingers rest on them, which may lead to some unwanted presses).

It doesnt help that i'm used to a modded controller where i use my ring fingers instead, so yeah, i'ts gonna take a while for me to get used to it.
Nice, did you use them on MHW to access your shortcut wheels? I don't feel like getting back into that game but that's definitely where I would use the back buttons.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, did you use them on MHW to access your shortcut wheels? I don't feel like getting back into that game but that's definitely where I would use the back buttons.
I've been using the right paddle (mapped to R3 on my modded controller) to confirm actions on the radial menu (type 2), that way i have to press a button to confirm which action i want to use after selecting it with the stick direction, which is extremely useful, fast and reliable.

For example, i can tell you by memory that the two mantles i use are down and down-right, nullberries are left, made megapotions is on the right, etc.

And that is exactly what i tested with the attachment.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017

I haven't play-tested mine yet, but that's how I feel the Scuf controllers are. I have to really practice to get used to NOT hitting those paddles, because of how I'm used to gripping the controller. I don't know if the Elite is any better/different, but I would imagine that's just an inherent characteristic of paddle-controllers.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
I play tested mine with Division 2, I bound the left button to X and the right button to Square, the X button works good, but these buttons aren't good for buttons that have to be held down repeatedly, there was hand pain after 2 hours of Division 2 in my right hand from holding down the right button(square) everytime I had to loot things. This doesn't happen with the Xbox Elite controller, they're back paddles have a little more give.

Another odd ergonomic thing that nobody talks about, is that it makes the PS Button further away to find with your fingers, not a huge deal, just an odd thing.

Overall the attachment feels good, the added weight is noticeable, it's not so bad.

TL;DR: Buttons good for quick presses, not for buttons you have to hold repeatedly.

EDIT: Also it would have been nice if they could have figured out a way to make it 4 buttons instead of just 2.

Last edited:

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
I play tested mine with Division 2, I bound the left button to X and the right button to Square, the X button works good, but these buttons aren't good for buttons that have to be held down repeatedly, there was hand pain after 2 hours of Division 2 in my right hand from holding down the right button(square) everytime I had to loot things. This doesn't happen with the Xbox Elite controller, they're back paddles have a little more give.

Another odd ergonomic thing that nobody talks about, is that it makes the PS Button further away to find with your fingers, not a huge deal, just an odd thing.

Overall the attachment feels good, the added weight is noticeable, it's not so bad.

TL;DR: Buttons good for quick presses, not for buttons you have to hold repeatedly.
Personally I used it for X and O in Division 2 i.e. going into cover and vaulting over cover/obstacles. I don't like auto vault as it tends to see me climbing over things I wanted to hide behind just as I take a face full of lead, but I also used to find it hard to stab at the right button in an intense firefight. After only a few sessions, left paddle as go into cover and right as jump over it has become second nature!

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
I've been using the right paddle (mapped to R3 on my modded controller) to confirm actions on the radial menu (type 2), that way i have to press a button to confirm which action i want to use after selecting it with the stick direction, which is extremely useful, fast and reliable.

I'm using it the same way, and it is very smooth. Mapping R3 to back paddle also makes it way easier to change the Slinger mode, which is especially great for executing Thousand Dragons on Bow and Perfect Rush on SNS.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
What are some good suggestions to use this with for single player games. I play ffxiv too but can't seem to really figure out why this would be useful.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I'm gonna need this for Sekiro. For some reason when I want to heal, instead of just pressing up on the Dpad I keep pressing diagonal and it changes the item and uses it, very annoying 🙁

Velguarder

Jan 10, 2020
I was pleasantly surprised with how much I was using this.
I forgot to put it away this morning and the puppy got it when I was at work. RIP little bumper buddy. 1/22/2020 - 2/18/2020

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
can anyone compare how these feel compared to the StrikeForce ones?

Yeah, I switched to these from Strikepack last weekend and I like it much more. It takes a bit of getting used to it because the back button attachment is a bit more on the dualshock while the Strikepack paddles are a bit lower and more on the inside. Also the back button attachment is a bit more responsive than the strikepack. I don't think I'll ever return to the Strikepack, since the back button attachment feels much better.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I got this attachment and was excited, but I feel it really messes with how I grip the controller. It's also pretty foreign to use. The attachment itself is good, though I'm not sure if I like how it affects how I hold it.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I switched to these from Strikepack last weekend and I like it much more. It takes a bit of getting used to it because the back button attachment is a bit more on the dualshock while the Strikepack paddles are a bit lower and more on the inside. Also the back button attachment is a bit more responsive than the strikepack. I don't think I'll ever return to the Strikepack, since the back button attachment feels much better.

awesome thanks

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
What are some good suggestions to use this with for single player games. I play ffxiv too but can't seem to really figure out why this would be useful.
I find that anything you want to be able to quickly get to is good for the paddles as a general (and likely very obvious) rule of thumb. That could be a jump button, or even a d-pad button. Anything that you find slows you down because you have to take your thumb off the left or right stick to reach said button. I am loving mine right now for the Vanquish remaster. I have Burst (R1) on left paddle and Dodge (X) on right. This makes it so I never have to stop looking down sight to burts or stop camera control to dash. That said, some people use two fingers on the bumpers/triggers (one on L1 and one on L2 for example) and that has just never been comfortable to me.

can anyone compare how these feel compared to the StrikeForce ones?
Sure. I have both and the Strikeforce paddles just never got comfortable to me. Their placement just got in my way more than these. I like that on these paddles there is a very small area where you actually need to press. You can actually rest your hands on the middle of the paddles comfortably with these. That said, you won't have any turbo functionality on these like you do with Strikeforce paddles. So I still switched back to that for MH Steamworks during the latest Event there.

I forgot to put it away this morning and the puppy got it when I was at work. RIP little bumper buddy. 1/22/2020 - 2/18/2020
Aww, you will be missed small paddle friend. =(

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
I will say I wish we could map the screenshot button to one of them.

I think I would be more inclined to agree if the share capture was instant like it is on PC. With PS4, the delay you get between tapping the button and the image saving means it is a more finicky process to get that exact shot you want usually. At least with Pro. So most times I am just standing still instead and holding the button to go straight to 'Share Image' to make sure I actually got what I wanted to get.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
The buttons are slightly too bulky imo by extending too far out wide. I keep hitting the ends of them accidentally with my ring fingers positioned where I would naturally rest them.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Sure. I have both and the Strikeforce paddles just never got comfortable to me. Their placement just got in my way more than these. I like that on these paddles there is a very small area where you actually need to press. You can actually rest your hands on the middle of the paddles comfortably with these. That said, you won't have any turbo functionality on these like you do with Strikeforce paddles. So I still switched back to that for MH Steamworks during the latest Event there.

Thanks, SF paddles only felt akward the first 30 mins to me, I was like "really this is where they placed them?". But very quickly they became natural and I dont think I have ever accidentally hit them or anything. Main thing that has me intrested in the Sony ones, is that it is wireless, and I dnt have to do a whole process and order of plugging things in liek you do with the SF ones. But I am a bit worried the buttons might feel too bulky or be in an odd location or length.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Been using this on PC and I love it. I hope Steam or some hobbyist finds a way to map extra inputs onto them instead of mirroring the face buttons.
I seriously doubt it. Unless it's communicating with the system, which we have no reason to believe it is, it won't be possible to do this. It is literally just duplicating the inputs you assign.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't play-tested mine yet, but that's how I feel the Scuf controllers are. I have to really practice to get used to NOT hitting those paddles, because of how I'm used to gripping the controller. I don't know if the Elite is any better/different, but I would imagine that's just an inherent characteristic of paddle-controllers.
My modded controller is similar to the Scuf regarding the paddles position, and i didn't have much trouble with them because they are on the back of the controller and not on the "horns" themselves (if i look at the controller i can see the paddles under each stick), so i can still grab the "horns" comfortably, or at least more than with the BBA.

But in the end is just practice and rewiring the brain a little bit.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony really fucked up with this. A controller attachment few asked for that gives a considerable advantage in competitive games, undershipped so it is only available at scalper pricing for weeks - released at the tail end of the generation.

Why?

Muaddib

Oct 25, 2017
anyone having issues where the dualshock will turn off randomly?

I've tried on both my controllers and they keep turning off from time to time. Both fully charged....