• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, community. Help a brother out.

I've been playing New Vegas on my laptop using my DS4 with zero issues. This past weekend, I plugged it into my PS4 in rest mode to give it a charge. Now, the PS4 turns on when I hit the PS button, and Steam and my laptop only see the controller when it is plugged in via USB. As soon as I unplug, I got nothing.

Any ideas? I'll respond as much as I can tonight, but more tomorrow.

Thanks, gang!

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I think you have to redo the Bluetooth connection if you connect it to the ps4

squallmx

Oct 25, 2017
This happens to me from time to time, resetting and repairing the controller usually works.

TheIcedP

Oct 27, 2017
I guess you would have to pair your device back to the laptop again if you're using Bluetooth. Try unplugging your PS4 while pairing it to your laptop to avoid it from powering up.

OP
OP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess you would have to pair your device back to the laptop again if you're using Bluetooth. Try unplugging your PS4 while pairing it to your laptop to avoid it from powering up.
Well, see...that's the problem. I can't get it to pair, although to be honest, the first successful pairing was out of the blue. It just finally happened.

I think I need to completely remove DS4windows, since it's locking up my laptop whenever I try to run it.

PS4 is unplugged, by the way. Just to remove it from the equation.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Yeah, you need to unlink your DS4 from the PS4 first. This is the main reason I bought another one.

It's quite a hassle if you have a PS4 and PC with only 1 DS4 controller.

OP
OP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the replies, folks. Keep 'em coming. I'll try some more solutions tomorrow, while I'm supposed to be working.

Sieffre

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Hold the Share button and PS button until the light bar starts blinking, and then you can re-pair it with your PC in the Bluetooth settings. I use this to swap the same controller back and forth between my PSTV and laptop all the time.

OP
OP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you need to unlink your DS4 from the PS4 first. This is the main reason I bought another one.

It's quite a hassle if you have a PS4 and PC with only 1 DS4 controller.

Hold the Share button and PS button until the light bar starts blinking, and then you can re-pair it with your PC in the Bluetooth settings. I use this to swap the same controller back and forth between my PSTV and laptop all the time.

Got it working last night. You two put me over the top, I think. I didn't know about the unlinking from PS4. That seems to be a crucial step in the process.

Thanks, everyone!