• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
As the spiritual successor to Wii Fit, Fitness Boxing has–naturally–flown under the radar. Its release seems to have been aimed at cashing in on those of us who are looking to start off 2019 with a workout routine or, at least, some way to justify our "new year, new me" attitude. But now that reviews are coming in and people are getting the chance to experience the game, there's one thing that's seemed to slip our minds: Fitness Boxing is rated "T" for "Teen."

According to the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB), that's because the game features "Suggestive Themes," or more specifically, because "all of the female characters have breast physics incorporated into their movements; their breasts frequently jiggle/bounce in a noticeable manner during stretching and boxing routines."

Boobs, bosom, breasts, we all have them, and, almost everyone has had their mouth on one in their life. They're so ingrained into the very fabric of life, and yet, a boxing game that's intended to encourage people to exercise is deemed an inappropriate place to have them move.

It's unclear why developer Imagineer decided to include breast physics, but it could just be so that women could see a reflection of themselves in the game's four female fitness instructors.

https://www.dualshockers.com/fitness-boxing-t-for-teen-breasts-jiggle-physics/

The article is longer than what I quoted. so go check it out.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using this almost daily and I can say I never noticed any "breast physics". Not saying they're not there, but I didn't notice at all. Maybe because you're not really looking at the instructor while you're working out? Or maybe it's because the movement is natural and nothing out of the ordinary...

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I watched the trailer in that article and you can't even tell. The torso movements of the characters are fairly robotic and fast, and other than the exaggerated physique on the character models it's pretty inoffensive.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Is it breast physics or "breast physics"?

I watched the trailer in that article and you can't even tell. The torso movements of the characters are fairly robotic and fast, and other than the exaggerated physique on the character models it's pretty quite inoffensive.
That answers the question then.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Think_of_the_children.gif

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
It's breast physics.

Definitely there and more noticable on some trainers than others (the blonde Helena-lookalike being the most obvious, right in her default outfit), but looks rather natural and nowhere near DOA territory.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the Giant Bomb quicklook of this yesterday and didn't notice any breast physics at all

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Is it breast physics or "breast physics"?

That answers the question then.
The busty character models maybe, but unless the jiggling is more pronounced on a large screen (I was watching on my phone), I couldn't even tell it was there. Definitely nowhere near as much as the rating description implies

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the overview trailer and the breast physics seem fairly tame to me. That said, why do breast physics have to be a thing that exist in games at all?

That's a rhetorical question gents. I think we know why they exist.

Oct 27, 2017
Roy, Utah
Watching that gameplay trailer and imagining that with a T rating made me lol. The ESRB is really only useful for people with a very narrow and specific view on things.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
The busty character models maybe, but unless the jiggling is more pronounced on a large screen (I was watching on my phone), I couldn't even tell it was there. Definitely nowhere near as much as the rating description implies
They probably just read a form or something saw that the game implemented breast physics and let it at that .

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Should kids under 13 even be in the gym? That's not even allowed here.

Gym I'm an instructor at has a fully staffed creche where parents can drop their kids off while they work out. Handy for single parents who want to get a session in without having to get somebody in to look after the kids.

Won't someone think of the children!

"Oh god it's a woman jogging! Timmy, Samantha, don't look!"

Last edited:

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
The physics are definitely there.

We use Laura as our trainer, it isn't a super big thing and I wouldnt think it'd garner a T for that. But her breasts definitley move but they arent even well rendered as the hoodie pulls on her sweatshirt constantly pass through her chest and then magically pop out on top.

Granted you can dress your trainer in nothing more than a sports bra and short shorts so who knows.

Remember the ESRB usually gives ratings based on descriptions and small video segments. They don't normally play the games.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
They probably just read a form or something saw that the game implemented breast physics and let it at that .
I have no idea how the ESBR rating system works, but it's not hard to imagine that they just have a list of things that automatically make a game reach a certain minimum rating and they completely ignore context.

Because lets be honest, they aren't playing these games to see the context.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I bet that if the boobs were stiff like fake silicone boobs, that would be "suggestive" too, for misrepresenting and oversexualizing the female form or some shit. It's lose/lose no matter what.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine that generally "breast physics" are used in a manner that would invite a T rating, so any game that includes them will be automatically flagged.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying the game and the workouts, and I can honestly say I never noticed. That's seriously bizarre.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Is the current gen Wheel of Fortune game going to get a T rating too because it inexplicably has "breast physics" as well?

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I can sort of see it. I was just watching giant bomb goof around with this game last night. I don't think it's unreasonable to say the female trainers in the game are just a tiny bit more titillating than they strictly need to be.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I can definitely see that. Also I think someone posted that certain characters have it more noticeable than others (not wearing a sports bra I guess), so that could be it too.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Huh this looks like a lot of fun. The boob physics are barely noticeable.
Actually yeah, for some reason I haven't heard of this game, and looking at the trailer I really want it. Looks like a lot of fun and a nice little workout. Plus I love rhythm games, so yeah.

Maybe the ESRB's plan all along was to create a controversy to get more eyes on the game lol. Worked on me!

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I mean...the way the trainers are modeled is in the most male gaziest way possible. The wiggle and jiggle added comes under suspicion for "realism" when you do that.

Big_Erk

Oct 27, 2017
Chief's Kingdom
I've been using this almost daily and I can say I never noticed any "breast physics". Not saying they're not there, but I didn't notice at all. Maybe because you're not really looking at the instructor while you're working out? Or maybe it's because the movement is natural and nothing out of the ordinary...
I would guess the bolded is true, and if so this should be encouraged rather than discouraged.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I can definitely see that. Also I think someone posted that certain characters have it more noticeable than others (not wearing a sports bra I guess), so that could be it too.

AFAIK, no one at the ESRB actually plays through the game, which makes sense considering how many games they must need to look at. They get a video and list of things in the game that by the makers of the game that they think could affect the rating and then the ESRB makes a judgment based on that.