• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Far from wanting to be puritan about this, but I think the widespread use of breast physics in gaming to be really juvenile most of the times. Most games make it seem like the only parts of somone's body to be affected by gravity are women's breasts and hair.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Far from wanting to be puritan about this, but I think the widespread use of breast physics in gaming to be really juvenile most of the times. Most games make it seem like the only parts of somone's body to be affected by gravity are women's breasts and hair.

I sort of agree. We have subcutaneous fat all over our bodies and it all moves. The breasts are probably more noticeable, but largely because many of us go out of our way to notice them...

Oct 27, 2017
As said, the jiggling isn't really noticeable on the default trainer, but some of them do have pronounced erm... physics.

The only thing I noticed more was the slow-down on some of the stages, it can chug in handheld mode at points, which's odd.

I did wonder what Era's take on it would be. It's a good 'game' though...

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I sort of agree. We have subcutaneous fat all over our bodies and it all moves. The breasts are probably more noticeable, but largely because many of us go out of our way to notice them...
Yeah, and it's not like developers put as much effort on other moving bits of people's bodies as they seem to put on women's breasts. Sometimes it feels extremely jarring, IMO.

Mit-

Oct 26, 2017
All right the characters are preeeeetty sexualized though. Male and female. The boobs and the dudes are fuckin huge. And you can dress them in skimpy outfits?

I dunno there's a difference between this, and, say, Wii Fit Trainer if she had mild realistic boob jiggle. Granted I also don't think any video game has created realistic boob jiggle, so the typical shitty boob jiggle usually comes off as being implemented for sexy purposes and not realistic purposes. Between the giant boobs and jiggle physics, I'd say this leans towards being implemented for sexy purposes.

Still probably could've gotten an E10+. But I know this Teen rating is to keep my horny pubescent junior high self from dressing up the trainer with enormous boobs in the skimpiest outfit possible and jerking off to the bounciest song in the game. But perhaps kids aren't as sheltered and horny as I once was.

This was a far more graphic post than initially intended.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, and it's not like developers put as much effort on other moving bits of people's bodies as they seem to put on women's breasts. Sometimes it feels extremely jarring, IMO.

It's not jarring for me because I'm so used to it. I'm used to it and I'm the Target demographic. The first game with freely moving boobs was dead or alive, and back then it was a real innovation lol since it was mostly young men in the arcade. I was 14 and I loved it! It was such a hit, it's sort of became normal and I don't even notice anymore.

But when I really think about it, yeah it's fuckin weird.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's there, but is it worth a T rating? I don't know. But it's not like anyone cares. This game is not targetted to pre-teen users anyway and by chance if some kid really wants to play it, I can't imagine their parents be like "no, wait until you're in middle school".

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The real-life women in the video had more jiggle than the virtual trainer.
This, the real girl in the pink hoodie for example was more noiceable than anything inside the game.

PEGI wins again.
Also the game actually looks a lot of fun and as a designer i found those character models (female and male models) nice and easy to the eyes, also you change skin colors to black in any of them so thats another plus.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I actually found out about this game last night because I was looking for more physical games like beat saber. This looks okay but I'm leaning towards arms. Maybe that Creed game. Something boxing would be fun.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
We gotta ban real women from children's shows then. What if a child notices that they have boobs in their show?

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
I'd probably be more likely to call the spin around at the 8-9 second mark more gratuitous than the minor boob physics.

Oct 25, 2017
why would he be joking? of course nintendo is pissed at this rating. they would want this game to get an E for sure.
I don't think they just have the rating suddenly sprung on them. I'm sure they could've gone back and had them edit stuff to make it E. I don't think Nintendo cares that much. Could be wrong though.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I actually found out about this game last night because I was looking for more physical games like beat saber. This looks okay but I'm leaning towards arms. Maybe that Creed game. Something boxing would be fun.
If you're looking for physical games because you're looking for a workout, this beats ARMS easily.

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
I saw the Giantbomb QL. The game rewards you with a "prize" of a see-through halter top to put on your female trainer. It's completely unnecessary details like this in a fitness game makes me suspicious of the "breast physics" being implented solely for the sake of accurately depicting the female form....

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
If you're looking for physical games because you're looking for a workout, this beats ARMS easily.

Looking for something to stay warm between getting on and off a stationary bike. We've been doing workouts after work and we alternate between one on beat saber and one on the stationary bike. The bike is where we do the real workout and then beat saber is like a fun break that keeps you moving. It's been really good.

This game is honestly looking pretty good because it's not really a game, so you can focus on putting more into your punches instead of just winning. Thanks for the suggestion, jaded.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
I really miss last gen for that Fitness games, used EA Active 2 on PS3 a lot of back then but sadly this year those games are not existant.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Never imagined this thread would get two pages.

I have been thinking of making a thread because it is a pretty good game. Joycon inputs arent perfect but I am on ten plus days straight doing workouts between the demo and retail. You can get a good workout.

The dress up feature is not my thing and kind of tacky. My Wife and I's least favorite part. The gratuitous panning around the whole body is unneeded.

Overall works as a good exercise and light rythym game. They seemingly used computer generated voices and it shows. The trainer will go from calm to wildly excited quickly. Also they all use the same lines; "Boom, Boom, boom" so I just play with headphones in.

Going to keep going to get it ingrained as a habit combined with better eating. So far so good.

The breast physics shouldnt cause the ratings to be T as much as dressing your trainers in bikinis. Not a prude but it is unnecessary and pointless to the game.

Also not happy I cant record good runs or take screens of my good days

Oct 29, 2017
Breast physics of any description probably trigger an automatic T rating by the ESRB.

Stupid, but you can blame decades of Team Ninja and D3 Publisher games for their current stance.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Nintendo cares that much. Could be wrong though.
maybe not for this game, but i remember in a recent episode of the nintendo power podcast they were talking about how while localizing wind waker everyone at treehouse was panicking because they thought the game might get a T instead of E (E10+ wasn't a thing back then), it's clear that when they can they'd want that E rating to maximize their audience.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People really gotta get over this shit. Can we collectively grow up as a society and realize the human body and even nudity is not the same as something being intentionally sexualized?

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using this almost daily and I can say I never noticed any "breast physics". Not saying they're not there, but I didn't notice at all. Maybe because you're not really looking at the instructor while you're working out? Or maybe it's because the movement is natural and nothing out of the ordinary...

Same. I've been on it regularly. It's been harder to bike with the cold, but I typically spend spring and summer biking, so I'm not super out of shape. This game gives me a hell of a workout though. I can't say I've noticed this though.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the overview trailer and the breast physics seem fairly tame to me. That said, why do breast physics have to be a thing that exist in games at all?

That's a rhetorical question gents. I think we know why they exist.

Honestly, The more detailed the physical simulation, the more immersive experience. Yes, you can argue that moving breasts are inherently titillating, but I don't think that's a good reason not to include it. Having human forms move like human forms is just as important as having believable hair physics, and good particle effects. It aids the suspension of disbelief.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Breast physics of any description probably trigger an automatic T rating by the ESRB.

Stupid, but you can blame decades of Team Ninja and D3 Publisher games for their current stance.
That... really shouldn't change anything. There's a big difference between something like Fitness Boxing's use of physics and DOA's.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
OK OP... you made me feel like some weirdo perv for watching damn Nintendo video looking at animated cartoon breasts to see what the hell they were talking about me.

Well played.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't notice at all during the Giant Bomb Quick Look, though the ladies are quite attractive.

While there aren't enough takes of dialogue, this could've all been solved by adding "CHU CHU CHU".

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Actually yeah, for some reason I haven't heard of this game, and looking at the trailer I really want it. Looks like a lot of fun and a nice little workout. Plus I love rhythm games, so yeah.

Maybe the ESRB's plan all along was to create a controversy to get more eyes on the game lol. Worked on me!
I just got it this week cos I need to lose some Christmas weight and I've found it tough getting into an exercise regime with a full time job and 2 young kids with a wife who works shifts. I'd recommend it. It's a fun little game which makes you sweat.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I love the implication of bullshit like this. It essentially means a 12 year old can't look at a woman running

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
I saw the Giantbomb QL. The game rewards you with a "prize" of a see-through halter top to put on your female trainer. It's completely unnecessary details like this in a fitness game makes me suspicious of the "breast physics" being implented solely for the sake of accurately depicting the female form....
My understanding from the quick look was that that was her default top, not a prize.