• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Actually yeah, for some reason I haven't heard of this game, and looking at the trailer I really want it. Looks like a lot of fun and a nice little workout. Plus I love rhythm games, so yeah.

Maybe the ESRB's plan all along was to create a controversy to get more eyes on the game lol. Worked on me!

If this is what it takes to get more eyes on the game so be it lol, bought it at launch and it's a lot of fun.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Really strange for "jiggle" to be the reason since I certainly don't think it's looking for that kind of audience, it's rated 7+ in Europe so other rating boards didn't have the same issue.

fieldafar

Jan 23, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
It's classified G (General) in Australia, which means anyone can play it without restrictions.

268666-L-HI.jpg

For once, we're not the ones with the hilariously wrong game rating.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
I came in expecting to see the gratuitous flopping moon-boobies from the DOA games, instead I saw a pretty subtle and realistic depiction of a woman performing exercise. What the fuck is wrong with the ESRB ratings people? How do they exist day to day with the obvious titillation of women existing near them and moving?
Fitness videos and DVD's in the UK staring female celebs have been a thing for decades, and I never saw them be anything other than rated as Exempt from classification. Breasts exist, and they have a tendency to move around a little when women do...it's not inherently sexual, it's physics. Ridiculous rating that exposes some weirdly deep-seated objectifying attitudes.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
From posts I've read in the past, I think developers (or publishers) rate games themselves using ESRB guidelines. If you mis-rate your game you can be subject to fines levied by the ESRB (probably depending upon how egregious the mis-rating is).

If a game developer (or publisher) is reading this, can you confirm or correct?

Yes, there exists a segment of the population which is hyper-sensitive about the human body. We can see evidence of it. They are being appeased by these guidelines (or application thereof).

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
I thought I noticed a subtle jiggle. I wasn't even sure it was there, yet it's enough to give the game a T rating? Lol

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017

I feel a bit weird for staring at the breasts of this trainer models so long, but at least I can confirm, that this rating is stupid.

It literally looks like there as much titty shaking going on as you would expect from someone wearing an appropriately fitting sports bra.... which is not much at all, probably less here actually.

Yeah, this is kinda weird.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Breast physics aside, those models sure are slim and busty. It's obvious they were aiming for some degree of sex appeal. Still doesn't deserve a T rating though, but that's America for you.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
It's classified G (General) in Australia, which means anyone can play it without restrictions.

268666-L-HI.jpg

For once, we're not the ones with the hilariously wrong game rating.
Hmmm, do we ever had a case in the entire video gaming history since the birth of ESRB, where the ESRB would re-rate the game to a less restrictive rating before?

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
So I guess this means we know who will win the fan vote to become Wii Fit Trainers' echo fighters.

You're god damn right!
Any publicity is good publicity... I guess...
Maybe someone bought the game with the help of that Dualshockers article and this thread. It's the type of game the Switch was missing. Now we need the Wii Fit skin.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I meam this is silly yeah, but I don't get why y'all are laughing at the prospect of someone being "scared" of breast jiggling instead of realizing this is simply what happens when a feature in the medium has historically been used to objectify female characters instead of accurately depicting the way their bodies would work. The specific guidelines regarding this kind of thing exist for a reason, it's how it works.

Also this game looks kinda neat lol, maybe I'll get it.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My heart goes out to the numerous kids out there who have to masturbate to Fitness Boxing because where else are they gonna find moving images of breasts?

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I can't really add anything that hasn't been said elsewhere, but I considered picking this up because Wii Fit boxing helped me improve my cardio, & I didn't even notice any kind of breast movement watching previews/trailers.

So I guess this means we know who will win the fan vote to become Wii Fit Trainers' echo fighters.

She shouldn't get an Echo until we get Fitty the Balance Board on the roster!