• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
season 3 already? they must be really happy with how the series is going, still waiting for a new darkwing tv show

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
We have episode titles and synopsis for the first two episodes of Season 2:

Saturday, Oct. 20
Original Series - Season Two Premiere on Disney Channel
DuckTales "The Most Dangerous Game ... Night"
(7:30 - 8:00 A.M. EDT)
A game night is anything but relaxing as the family faces shrink rays, a barbaric civilization and an unhealthy level of competitiveness.

Saturday, Oct. 27
-- SPECIAL HALLOWEEN EPISODE --
Original Series - Series Premiere on Disney Channel
DuckTales "The Depths of Cousin Fethry!"
(7:30 - 8:00 A.M. EST)
Huey and Dewey are led on an adventure by their distant Uncle Fethry, who takes them to the depths of Scrooge's deep-sea laboratory.
*Tom Kenny ("SpongeBob SquarePants") guest stars as Uncle Fethry.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Saturday, Oct. 20
A game night is anything but relaxing as the family faces shrink rays, a barbaric civilization and an unhealthy level of competitiveness.

Shrink Rays
you mean? Yup that is a reboot of an early 90's tv cartoon xD

Oct 25, 2017

Saturday, Oct. 20

Saturday, Oct. 27
-- SPECIAL HALLOWEEN EPISODE --
Original Series - Series Premiere on Disney Channel
DuckTales "The Depths of Cousin Fethry!"
Huey and Dewey are led on an adventure by their distant Uncle Fethry, who takes them to the depths of Scrooge's deep-sea laboratory.
*Tom Kenny ("SpongeBob SquarePants") guest stars as Uncle Fethry.

Why did it get boot to such an early time.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Their mom is kinda of a dick for upping and abandoning them cause she wanted to have fun

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
One week away from Season 2's premiere! A short clip from the first episode has been uploaded to youtube:

Also if this tweet is to be believed, we now have episode titles and airing dates for November's premieres:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
BM6xX8f.jpg

I was really expecting a season trailer or something =/

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
final reminder that one day separates us from a brand new episode

here's a promo that was released earlier in the week, it's no proper S2 trailer though

and here's... something else entirely, a compilation of stopmotion shorts that were being released earlier in the month:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Gangway! New November episode synopsii, fresh off the press site.

Saturday, Nov. 3
Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney Channel
DuckTales "The Ballad of Duke Baloney!"
(7:30 – 8:00 A.M. EDT)
After his disappearance, Glomgold resurfaces as anything but his ever-scheming self, while Webby and Louie try to uncover the truth behind who is Duke Baloney.

Saturday, Nov. 10
DuckTales "The Town Where Everyone Was Nice!"
(7:30 – 8:00 A.M. EST)
Donald reunites with his band, The Three Caballeros, while the family takes in the sites of a Brazilian town with a dark secret.
*Bernardo de Paula ("Rio 2") and Arturo del Puerto ("Fear the Walking Dead") guest star as José de Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, respectively.

Saturday, Nov. 17
DuckTales "Storkules in Duckburg!"
Louie recruits Storkules for his professional monster extermination business, while Storkules faces his greatest challenge: being Donald's roommate.

They also uploaded a screenshot from next Saturday's episode:
tumblr_pgvmmluOZx1va9hus_540.jpg

Sooooo, are we going to continue with this thread or was someone interested in cobbling up a new OT for Season 2?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Considered they are treating basically as season 1 part 2 and the title of this thread does not mention season ... I think it is ok to keep it as it is.

And yay for the second episode synopsis!
Was expecting that would be much far =D

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Gangway! New November episode s

Saturday, Nov. 10
DuckTales "The Town Where Everyone Was Nice!"

Donald reunites with his band, The Three Caballeros, while the family takes in the sites of a Brazilian town with a dark secret.
*Bernardo de Paula ("Rio 2") and Arturo del Puerto ("Fear the Walking Dead") guest star as José de Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, respectively.

"Zé Carioca", or at least "José Cariosa". There is no "de".

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I like how they subtly updated the intro to include some of the new characters introduced in Season 1.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The Most Dangerous Game... Night!
Opening changed to replace big Little Helper in the comic panels with Gizmoduck, and replaced the big Beagle Boy in the villain shot with Magica. Neat.

I really didn't like Louie in this episode, which brought it down a ton. Didn't like any of the nephews here, really; I'd say Dewey and Webby's interactions were good because of Webby more than Dewey. I did like the bits with Louie explaining why he was nervous about adventures, but I also feel like that reason didn't gel much with his complaints earlier.

This episode continues a problem I've had with season one, where the adventures are treated flippantly, so it's hard to justify any real weight being placed on others. The Barks and Rosa comics made each new location feel wondrous and mystical, but when the characters don't care, it's hard for the audience to.

It was kind of weird how they went with a colonialism theme with Gyro's adventure, making it seem like they were making a point out of it, but then they really didn't.

Launchpad remains great, and Beakley and Ducksworth avoiding the games were fun too.

Speaking of games, I was expecting something much more from that. Scrooge has pretty boring taste in games.

There were good moments, but overall, this episode wasn't to my taste. Plus, was this even meant to be the season premiere? I would have thought they'd have a bigger event.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
It was a pretty soft return, they barely acknowledged what went down in the last two episodes. At least they took that painting of Scrooge, Donald and Della out of the 'gay-rage' and placed it proudly back within the mansion.

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
It was an okay episode, but really didn't seem like a season premiere. I wonder if they'll acknowledge what happened last season in the next few episodes.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked that they spent some time looking at Louie and what he can contribute to the group. His attitude towards adventuring kind of reminded me of Donald in his fear of people getting hurt. This version of Gyro is still one of my favorite changes from the original series. I am glad to that he might be more involved in the show as it goes on.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
It was an okay episode, but really didn't seem like a season premiere. I wonder if they'll acknowledge what happened last season in the next few episodes.

They did in the premiere. Huey and Louie briefly discussed their Mom and the fact that she went into space. Louie's arc this episode was a direct result of the revelations from the past few episodes.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Zero complaints here. They managed to work a large chunk of the cast in and I laughed my head off at all of them.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Fairly late reminder that a new episode airs tomorrow morning @ 7:30AM

Saturday, Oct. 27
DuckTales
"The Depths of Cousin Fethry!"
DqdmwVaXgAArm1J.jpg:small

also, a single screenshot has been shared for next week's episode:
DqdFydIWsAAFBSn.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Alrighty episode, really just nothing remarkable to comment about. (okay Donald chirping in explosions constantly did make me lol)

I did rewatch older episodes on disney xd today. First episode still makes me lol.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I like that they're continuing the "Launchpad has unique adventures on his own w/ old ex-girlfriends" joke.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The Depths of Cousin Fethry!
I liked this episode more than the previous one. Fun setting, big monsters, and the show presents these with the proper awe. Not a great episode, to be clear, but I enjoyed it.

This is Fethry's first appearance in animation, right? He seems fun enough.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
The Depths of Cousin Fethry!
I liked this episode more than the previous one. Fun setting, big monsters, and the show presents these with the proper awe. Not a great episode, to be clear, but I enjoyed it.

This is Fethry's first appearance in animation, right? He seems fun enough.

To the best of my knowledge, this is also the first time he appeared in a American-produced cartoon, given his origins of being one of the most popular European (especially Italian) comic book characters, despite being an American invention. (Dick Kinney and Al Hubbard are Fethry's creators.)

It's funny that he mentioned that the underwater base was build and established in 1964, which is a reference to the character's first appearance in the Italian comic Topolino.

I like that they're continuing the "Launchpad has unique adventures on his own w/ old ex-girlfriends" joke.

Given the last joke had a reference to one of Launchpad's girlfriends in the 80's series, I wonder if this mermaid is another reference.

Last edited:

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
To the best of my knowledge, this is also the first time he appeared in a American-produced cartoon, given his origins of being one of the most popular European (especially Italian) comic book characters, despite being an American invention. (Dick Kinney and Al Hubbard are Fethry's creators.).

Kinney and Hubbard were his creators but the production was all for international markets, those stories were not meant to be published in US and I am not sure if even now all of them were published.

Fethry is huge here too (Brazil) as Peninha, but was even more in the 80s/90s. He had a twice per month comic magazine back then.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Clip of the Caballeros episode is up. I like the designs but Jose seems super stiff. Maybe it's just me.]

José (plese, "Zé") sounds fine to me (I am Brazilian) but I hoped they would updated his outfit. He is still on the 40s outfit that was created for the original movie (which makes no sense on a tropical country) and he have like 6 decades of his comics here, with different designs over time.

And a plus, they got his accent right, the spelling of "os patinhos" (the little ducks) was perfect.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
José (plese, "Zé") sounds fine to me (I am Brazilian) but I hoped they would updated his outfit. He is still on the 40s outfit that was created for the original movie (which makes no sense on a tropical country) and he have like 6 decades of his comics here, with different designs over time.

To be fair Donald is also in his 40s outfit

Status
Not open for further replies.