• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
It is now blue with a red bowtie

and here is a pretty recent comic with the classic outfit

In a cover, as a homage.

For me the best Zé is the simple:

31out2013---personagem-ze-carioca-foi-criado-pelo-proprio-walt-disney-1383226797273_1024x768.jpg

I am not a fan of his modern version too:

31out2013---ze-carioca-foi-criado-durante-a-estadia-de-walt-disney-no-copacabana-palace-1383226789590_300x500.jpg

I get why they went with the 40s outfit, it is the most known outside Brazil.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_phktedWfjx1qi26bdo3_500.gif

Another screenshot was released earlier as well, as well as the title of the next episode following "Storkules in Duckburg!":

Friday, Nov. 30
DuckTales "Last Christmas!"
tumblr_phj4zvDl7E1twll0v_1280.jpg

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
José (plese, "Zé") sounds fine to me (I am Brazilian) but I hoped they would updated his outfit. He is still on the 40s outfit that was created for the original movie (which makes no sense on a tropical country) and he have like 6 decades of his comics here, with different designs over time.

And a plus, they got his accent right, the spelling of "os patinhos" (the little ducks) was perfect.

I meant his posture. Jose seemed more lively in other incarnations. He's too prim and proper here.

As far as voices go I would probably rank Oliviera then Bauza before De Paula. But I haven't really heard enough of him yet.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that a new episode airs tomorrow morning, bright and early.

Saturday, Nov. 3
DuckTales
"The Ballad of Duke Baloney!"
(7:30 – 8:00 A.M. EDT)

DqdFydIWsAAFBSn.jpg:small

After his disappearance, Glomgold resurfaces as anything but his ever-scheming self, while Webby and Louie try to uncover the truth behind who is Duke Baloney.

A brief promo was uploaded to youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyHNHooKb5M

And some interesting tweets from show staff:

seems like an important episode...

Oct 25, 2017
was kind of a sad episode on one end since he's been living his life just to get back at scrooge but was happy when that part of his character was removed, almost wanted him to live out the rest of his days there as duke baloney.

Toadofsky

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
I've been living under a rock apparently, I had no idea the new season started. Guess I'll have to catch up on it

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I met the person who wrote todays episode, she is really cool and I am so glad that she's now working on this. Her husband helped with last weeks episode and they named one of the observatories after him.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, Flinty. Too obsessed to ever really be happy. Nice to see him get some respect for at least a little while, though. The Beagle Boys work as perennial joke characters, but Glomgold needs some genuine menace once in a while.

So I guess we're just adapting the NES game this season, huh.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I finally caught up on the current season, and other than the deep sea episode, it's firing on all cylinders from writing to animation.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Here's a synopsis update for Season 2 episode 6, "Last Christmas!", now airing on the first of December rather than the previously stated November 30th, back on Saturday where it belongs. Also two more screenshots:

Saturday, Dec. 1
DuckTales
"Last Christmas!"
In a nod to "Mickey's Christmas Carol," Scrooge avoids the pressures of the holidays by traveling back in time with a trio of fun-loving ghosts to crash history's greatest Christmas parties instead. Meanwhile, time-lost Dewey teams up with young Donald Duck to find his mom on Christmas.
DrgSdIGV4AArOn6.jpg

DrgSdDBVYAAUtts.jpg

Episode seems a tad "Allonsy!" with a dash of "This is heavy, Doc!", if you know what I mean.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The Ballad of Duke Baloney!
Glad they were able to work in Glomgold being South African like in the comics. The shoe-shining origin isn't from the comics, to be clear, but it makes sense now that it's been established that Scrooge has an extended life. Though I suppose the fake beard means Glomgold isn't actually all that old.

This was a nice episode, and it was a shame to see Glomgold lose his happiness once he regained his memory.

I do think they've been overplaying his clumsiness and such, as amusing as it's been. Like Sciz mentioned, though it doesn't look like he was making the point with this episode, I prefer Glomgold with some menace to him sometimes. Right now the only villain like that in the entire show is Magica (oddly in contrast to how Glomgold and Magica are usually positioned).

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Friendly, early and probably unnecessary reminder that a new episode airs tomorrow morning:

Saturday, Nov. 10
DuckTales "The Town Where Everyone Was Nice!"
(7:30 – 8:00 A.M. EST)

DrcShWvXcAE-CCd.jpg:small

Donald reunites with his band, The Three Caballeros, while the family takes in the sites of a Brazilian town with a dark secret.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Wow. That wasn't very good. Why are they such jerks in this version!? Donald being the most grounded one seems so out of place. It's like they flipped the house of mouse episode in terms of characterization. Also Jose seems weirdly abusive towards Donald?

Last edited:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. That wasn't very good. Why are they such jerks in this version!? Donald being the most grounded one seems so out of place. It's like they flipped the house of mouse episode in terms of characterization. Also Jose seems weirdly abusive towards Donald?
Just being true to their original characterizations?

1541851055940.jpg

To be honest, they were really only jerks during one very specific segment, when it seemed like their chance to turn their apparently boring old lives around was going to be lost because the duck wasn't on the same page anymore. They came around quick and banded together (literally) when a bigger threat revealed itself though.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Just being true to their original characterizations?

1541851055940.jpg

To be honest, they were really only jerks during one very specific segment, when it seemed like their chance to turn their apparently boring old lives around was going to be lost because the duck wasn't on the same page anymore. They came around quick and banded together (literally) when a bigger threat revealed itself though.

Edit:

I guess I'm trying to articulate why it felt so off. There were very few genuine interactions in the episode. It was either Jose and Panchito obsessing about their ego (when it's usually Donald who does that sort of thing like in the House of Mouse episode), some sort of put down of Donald, or lying. They felt fake I guess? And at least one of those smacks from Jose looked not at all playful and kind of abusive. Donald definitely seemed like the third wheel of the band (they clearly cringed every time he sung), so it came off as a sort of "I'm trying to be one of the cool kids" vibe which just made the put downs seems even more sad.

Just makes me appreciate the Legend version more I guess.

Last edited:

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The Town Where Everyone Was Nice!
Honestly, wasn't a huge fan of this episode. Jose and Panchito didn't get too much characterization, Dewey and Louie were really annoying, and the animation felt like it was lacking energy when that's what defines the Caballeros. The song should have been a big showcase, but it was oddly restrained. Plus, it's a "liar revealed" story, which usually isn't fun.

Jose and Panchito didn't really feel like they had individual qualities, just both being "more successful than Donald". Dewey and Louie's selfie obsession didn't seem right, especially when Dewey really wanted to go on a big adventure just two episodes ago.

Favorite part was Scrooge and Donald discreetly fighting over the wallet until Huey bit Scrooge.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
So, after watching and really enoying the first block of season 1 episodes (up to episode 9), I'm ashamed to say that I've only just discovered that they continued with new episodes after a bit of a hiatus - and now we have season 2. I've definitely got some catching up to do.... which I'm very much looking forward to!

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Characterization was definitely a little thin this time, but I did get the sense that they really were old pals by the end, and the gags were strong enough to compensate for any shakiness in the premise.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Running-a-little-late reminder that a new episode premieres tomorrow morning.

Saturday, Nov. 17
DuckTales
"Storkules in Duckburg!"
(7:30 – 8:00 A.M. EST)

DrlJehPU8AAE8Jx.jpg:small

Louie recruits Storkules for his professional monster extermination business, while Storkules faces his greatest challenge: being Donald's roommate.

Here's a promo for the episode:

Also a preview clip for "Last Christmas!" was released a lot earlier than expected:

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, those Greek ducks birds. Forgot about that.

I didn't care for Storkules's introduction episode, so I'm not sure I'll like this one much.

Oct 25, 2017
Roommate rules kept making me LOL, but the funniest part was in the beginning when Scrooge was LOL at the request for money, I was LOLOLOLOL had to pause cause it was just so outlandishly funny.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Webby is love, Webby is life.
Yep.

So, after watching and really enoying the first block of season 1 episodes (up to episode 9), I'm ashamed to say that I've only just discovered that they continued with new episodes after a bit of a hiatus - and now we have season 2. I've definitely got some catching up to do.... which I'm very much looking forward to!
Yeah, it took me a while to realize it was back too when it first came back.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Three Caballeros were definitely misused in what was a pretty mediocre episode

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Storkules in Duckburg!
Yeah, I think this settles it. I straight up don't like the nephews in this show. They have some nice gags, but I can't recall the last time I liked them as characters in an episode. The show would be improved if Webby was the only recurring child character.

Storkules was more fun here than I remember him being in his last episode, and I liked the harpies, though it was weird that they weren't sapient.

Good episode, but it was brought down by Louie being insufferable.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think this settles it. I straight up don't like the nephews in this show. They have some nice gags, but I can't recall the last time I liked them as characters in an episode. The show would be improved if Webby was the only recurring child character.

Co-Signed. I really wish Webby was the main character on this show.

crazy monkey

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I do not enjoy the new show much. It is trying too hard. The old one was just mystry solving show. Loved that plus It was simple

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
^ I wonder when the Lena subplot will pick up again.

Solicits for the month of December went up a few days ago but there's nothing listed for Ducktales beyond "Last Christmas!" so it seems we'll be on hiatus for the foreseeable future. However, the press release only lists premieres for Disney Channel shows up to December 9th then cuts off so perhaps it's just a partial list and another will be issued at a later date?

Status
Not open for further replies.