• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Friendly reminder that DuckTales returns tomorrow morning @ 8AM ET/PT with a one-time special event episode:

DuckTales "What Ever Happened to Della Duck?!"
(8:00–8:30 A.M. EST)

Della struggles for survival against dangerous elements of the Moon, as she looks for a way to get back to her family on Earth.

post theme:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Okay... everything about today's episode was awesome. Paget Brewster delivered one hell of a voice acting exhibition and I absolutely ADORED how they took the time to infuse Della with elements of Huey, Dewey, Louie and even Donald's personalities while still making her a unique and compelling character in her own right. This duck is hardcore and endearing in all of the best ways.

Plus, DuckTales Season 2 returns for real in May. So the hiatus won't go on for much longer.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Her singing the moon theme was pretty good.

Pretty good episode, am guessing an reencounter with her family would probably happen at some end game point (or maybe a movie would happen)

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_po3q6apqvE1uarbda_540.png

god damn

I expect we'll have to wait until the end of the season before we get some kind of reunion with her family. Introducing a mysterious alien race of moon dwellers feels like it's going to lead up to something significant, DuckTales '87 as well as all flavors of duck comics were certainly not shy in dishing out interstellar threats.

I wonder what happened to those transmissions she sent out? I'm guessing at some point in the near future the boys somehow stumble on them and kick off the 'save our mom' arc.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I mean the moon was basically full of what Scrooge covets. They're 100% setting up for him and the boys going up there while Della has started to become accustomed to being a moon dweller.

OP
OP
Choppasmith

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Damn, it was so crazy to see the captions actually say

"Humming to Moon Theme from NES Game"

But wonderful episode. I'd only say

The passage of time got kinda ridiculous. I mean 10 years passed without noticing the baby or the moon natives? Thought that was a stretch. I think they could've "moved on" after a year, MAYBE 5.

And oh Damn that Moon song cover <3

This is pretty awesome. The people working on this show are pure class all the way.

OH... WOW!

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Moon Lullaby destroyed me this episode. This reboot has been genuinely so good, like more than I hoped for when I first heard they were rebooting the series.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Moon Lullaby destroyed me this episode. This reboot has been genuinely so good, like more than I hoped for when I first heard they were rebooting the series.
These are exactly my thoughts. When this reboot was announced, I was skeptical because I had such high expectations, and it's managed to exceed them beyond what I could have hoped.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That was just perfect. And yes, every time the moon theme played, it was emotional nostalgia, but when she sang the lullaby 😭😭😭😩 what a beautiful gut punch.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever Happened to Della Duck?!
This was a pretty great episode for most of it, especially with regard to defining a character for Della Duck. The way the Moon Theme was integrated was neat.

Unfortunately, I wasn't a fan of the Moon People, and the explanation for how Della went undetected, with a single dust cloud covering her up, wasn't satisfying IMO.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so it came back for one episode and that's it? No new episode in sight? I hate cartoon scheduling so much.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Continuously? Why drop the Della episode last week? Was there some significance I'm missing?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
With new episodes only a month away, one episode title (and little else) has seemingly leaked online:

DuckTales "Friendship Hates Magic!"
(Time and Date TBA)

With a conspicuous title like that, either the Kelpies are coming back or this will be the episode that finally addresses the Lena situation.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
With new episodes only a month away, one episode title (and little else) has seemingly leaked online:

(Time and Date TBA)

With a conspicuous title like that, either the Kelpies are coming back or this will be the episode that finally addresses the Lena situation.
Ha, that's a pretty blatant title. I'm not sure if it being a reference will indicate anything about the content, though.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
New episode titles in the wild, plus presumed airdates:

Tuesday, May 7
DuckTales "Treasure of the Found Lamp!"

As the boys track a missing artifact across Duckburg, Scrooge and Webby stall the warrior looking for it with a phony quest.

Thursday, May 9
DuckTales "The 87 Cent Solution!"

The kids must stop Scrooge's unhealthy obsession with a few missing coins to keep him from becoming the next Glomgold.

Wednesday, May 15

Stuck as a shadow, Lena tries to protect Webby from her suspicious new friend Violet during a supernatural sleepover.

Thursday, May 16
DuckTales "The Dangerous Chemistry of Gandra Dee!"

With Huey and Webby's help, Fenton woos a punk rock scientist, only to uncover her dangerous plans for Gizmoduck.

omg @ two of those actually all of these are interesting

Bit of a wonky schedule, plus airing mid-week instead of the weekend. Very peculiar. No word if more episodes will air in the latter half of May... chances are this might be all there is until June. EDIT: added episode synopsis

Last edited:

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

Tuesday, April 7

Thursday, April 9

Wednesday, April 15

Thursday, April 16

omg @ two of those

Bit of a wonky schedule, plus airing mid-week instead of the weekend. Very peculiar. No word if more episodes will air in the latter half of May... chances are this might be all there is until June.

Uhhh, you mean May right? Because April 7th would be in two da- *checks time* tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017

Tuesday, May 7

Thursday, May 9

Wednesday, May 15

Thursday, May 16

omg @ two of those

Bit of a wonky schedule, plus airing mid-week instead of the weekend. Very peculiar. No word if more episodes will air in the latter half of May... chances are this might be all there is until June.
Dont understand the schedule. Thought it would make sense if it were a new episode everyday for a week, not two new episodes twice a week...

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Updated my previous post with episode descriptions. The "Violet" mentioned in one of the descriptions appears to be purple bird girl we saw on one of the slides from SDCC 2018.

Her full name is Violet Sabrewing, based on the bird of the same name.

tumblr_inline_pqaekkQlb61t4gtop_400.png

Dont understand the schedule. Thought it would make sense if it were a new episode everyday for a week, not two new episodes twice a week...
Although there's no real explanation for the strange scheduling other than it's something TDC decided to do for funsies, we do have word from showrunner Frank Angones that there's been some shifting around going on for May's premieres: originally, "Friendship Hates Magic!" was set to be Episode 8 (of Season 2) but will now premiere as the 10th. As it turns out, according to Frank this change will benefit the show's pacing.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Bamboozled! It seems the previous "leak" of episodes was incomplete, as the Disney Channel press site has released the official May solicits and we now have several more episodes to add to the pot. The episode synopsii also include returning guest-stars so we now know what secondary characters will be featured that aren't exposed in the descriptions.

Here they all are, in order:

Tuesday, May 7
(3:00–3:30 P.M. EDT)

As the boys track a missing artifact across Duckburg, Scrooge and Webby stall the warrior looking for it with a phony quest.
*Margo Martindale ("The Americans"), Nia Vardalos ("My Big Fat Greek Wedding") and Paul F. Tompkins ("BoJack Horseman") return as Ma Beagle, Selene and Gladstone Gander, respectively.

Wednesday, May 8
DuckTales "The Outlaw Scrooge Mcduck!"

In the Old West, Scrooge and Goldie form a band of outlaws and stage a heist to save a small town from corrupt businessman John D. Rockerduck.

Thursday, May 9

The kids must stop Scrooge's unhealthy obsession with a few missing coins to keep him from becoming the next Glomgold.
*Lin-Manuel Miranda (Broadway's "Hamilton") and Jim Rash ("Community") return as Gizmoduck and Gyro Gearloose, respectively.

Friday, May 10
DuckTales "The Golden Spear!"

As Della rebuilds her ship, Penumbra becomes convinced Della's planning an attack. Meanwhile, Donald's nap keeps getting interrupted by adventure.
*Paget Brewster ("Criminal Minds"), Julie Bowen ("Modern Family") and Lance Reddick ("John Wick") return as Della Duck, Lt. Penumbra and General Lunaris, respectively.

Monday, May 13
DuckTales "Nothing Can Stop Della Duck!"

Della Duck has faced every danger the moon has to offer to reunite with her family, but her greatest challenge is one she might not be able to fight her way out of.
*Paget Brewster ("Criminal Minds")recurs as Della Duck.

Tuesday, May 14
DuckTales "Raiders of the Doomsday Vault!"

Dewey tries to prove himself by exploring a frozen fortress in search of a money tree seed, but Glomgold has kidnapped Scrooge in order to find it first.
On an arctic adventure, Dewey tries to prove himself to his mom. Meanwhile, Scrooge teams up with Glomgold to find them.

Wednesday, May 15
DuckTales"Friendship Hates Magic!"

Stuck as a shadow, Lena tries to protect Webby from her suspicious new friend Violet during a supernatural sleepover.
*Libe Barer ("Sneaky Pete") guest stars as Violet. Kimiko Glenn ("Orange is the New Black") returns as Lena.

Thursday, May 16

With Huey's and Webby's help, Fenton woos a punk-rock scientist, Gandra Dee, only to uncover her dangerous plans for Gizmoduck.
*Jameela Jamil ("The Good Place") guest stars as Gandra Dee. Lin-Manuel Miranda (Broadway's "Hamilton") and Selenis Leyva ("Orange Is the New Black") return as Fenton Crackshell-Cabrera/Gizmoduck and Officer Cabrera, respectively.

EDIT:
Friday, May 17
DuckTales "The Duck Knight Returns!"

When Scrooge and Dewey make a gritty Darking Duck movie, Launchpad teams up with the original Darkwing to stop it.

All the episodes will also be premiering @ 3PM ET/PT.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Im going to have to make sure I dont actually delete these as I often just deleted weekday episodes since I had record all, and with Inazuma Eleven Areas going too, running out of DVR slots.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
There are some interesting episodes coming up. I really didn't expect Della to get more episodes before the season finale.

Oct 25, 2017
Tuesday, May 7

*Margo Martindale ("The Americans"), Nia Vardalos ("My Big Fat Greek Wedding") and Paul F. Tompkins ("BoJack Horseman") return as Ma Beagle, Selene and Gladstone Gander, respectively.

What is this, a crossover episode?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
The Disney Channel has uploaded a preview clip from the episode "Treasure of the Found Lamp!":

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Seems "Friendship Hates Magic!" had aired today in the Netherlands, thus all the spoilers floating around on social media. As I understand it the whole episode can be found online in Dutch, but only a single snippet was recorded in English. I won't be linking it here since it's not an official release.

EDIT: officially-sanctioned episode list + mystery-sode

I've just now realized Della's episodes air before and after Mother's Day... I wonder if this is what TDC was going for and why Friendship Hates Magic was delayed by several episodes.

(Production order on left, broadcast order on right)
tumblr_pqwap6QWMd1wcibbzo1_1280.pnj

Last edited:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Casual bump and reminder that new episodes of DuckTales Season 2 will premiere weekdays over the next two weeks starting tomorrow at their new timeslot of 3PM ET/PT.

Tuesday, May 7

D55e_MwXsAInlQn.jpg:small

D55fAwZWwAE8pjn.jpg:small

D55fC9rX4AAJgQY.jpg:small

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
"Treasure of the Found Lamp" is already up on DisneyNOW and I'm so glad this show is back. I missed it so much. This was a very fun episode.

It's also very distracting that I've started watching Bojack Horseman since it went on hiatus since Gladstone and Mr. Peanutbutter sound exactly the same. Ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.