• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
Just a head's up, the HD Season Pass is on sale on iTunes right now for $9.99 (normally $29.99). This supposedly covers the whole first season so it's a good way to keep track of what's aired over the long, drawn out runs that Disney tends to do (was a life saver for Gravity Falls).

I've only seen the pilot movie so I'm amped as hell to watch through everything else that's released since then.

Is that for sure covering the whole season? I mean I already bought it at the full price, but for some reason all the kids shows have been doing 10-12 episode "volumes" instead of actual full seasons in their digital releases, and it's very annoying. Especially when I can get the full 22 episode season of 42 minutes episodes of live action shows for the same price.

I think the only shows I've seen ACTUALLY do to full seasons have been the Marvel shows Disney does, but they also charge more for those. I'd LOVE it if they started actually doing full seasons properly, because with this, Tangled, and Big Hero 6, it's getting costly essentially paying $60 a season, I'd really like to add Star vs to my collection too.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Shows been great fun, and the wait is a pain, but thanks for reminding me BH6 has started, I forgot

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
"The Impossible Summit of Mt. Neverrest!" was fun, particularly with Webby and Launchpad. There were some weird things with the story, though: why were that explorer's dying words addressed to Scrooge if they parted ways on the climb up and never saw each other again? Also, it was kind of weird to have Scrooge at that stage of his life be portrayed that way, after The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.

Also, they sure took the portals in stride, huh.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
To be fair, Scrooge hired Mallardy to take him up the mountain. He wouldn't have been trapped up there amongst the portals had McDuck not hired him in the first place and then chickened out with all his second-guessing and apprehension.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Is that for sure covering the whole season? I mean I already bought it at the full price, but for some reason all the kids shows have been doing 10-12 episode "volumes" instead of actual full seasons in their digital releases, and it's very annoying. Especially when I can get the full 22 episode season of 42 minutes episodes of live action shows for the same price.

I think the only shows I've seen ACTUALLY do to full seasons have been the Marvel shows Disney does, but they also charge more for those. I'd LOVE it if they started actually doing full seasons properly, because with this, Tangled, and Big Hero 6, it's getting costly essentially paying $60 a season, I'd really like to add Star vs to my collection too.
Y'know, you're most likely right. I got tricked since it says "Season Pass" on the button but the description says Vol 1.

$9.99 is still a good price since it's $30 otherwise but yeah, it might not actually be the whole first season. I hate that they do that shit :S

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a chance to watch this, pretty good.

Wonder if Lena's amulet is going to find itself on a lamp at some point

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Just a head's up, the HD Season Pass is on sale on iTunes right now for $9.99 (normally $29.99). This supposedly covers the whole first season so it's a good way to keep track of what's aired over the long, drawn out runs that Disney tends to do (was a life saver for Gravity Falls).

I've only seen the pilot movie so I'm amped as hell to watch through everything else that's released since then.

If this offer extended to Canada I would jump in this like Scrooge in his money vault.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
So when is the next episode airing? Next week? Next month? Spring? It'll get leaked online beforehand with little to no fanfare? Season 1 ends in 2020? What?

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so it was literally just one episode then another big break? That seems bad even for Disney scheduling.

Wasn't there supposed to have been a Christmas episode that was early in production order but was delayed? Or was that actually the mountain episode?

Deleted member 4609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so it was literally just one episode then another big break? That seems bad even for Disney scheduling.

Wasn't there supposed to have been a Christmas episode that was early in production order but was delayed? Or was that actually the mountain episode?

I think it was the latest one, which was also the infamous Huey episode. Gravity Falls S2 was also a scheduling nightmare, so hopefully things get straightened up soon, but the elephant in the room is hard to ignore.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Just so long as we update the thread title accordingly as we go...

Ducktales (2018) |OT2| Still on Hiatus
Ducktales (2019) |OT3| Yes, this is still Season 1

etc.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017

"The Impossible Summit of Mt Neverrest!" was planned by the team as the third episode, but when Disney messed the running order about it ended up being run in December (no idea whether they thought "snow=Christmas" or whether there was some other consideration). The buggering-about with the running order really did a number on the show pacing though.

Writing/production order was:

1 - Woo-oo!
2 - Daytrip of Doom!
3 - The Impossible Summit of Mt Neverrest!
4 - The Great Dime Chase!
5 - The Beagle Birthday Massacre!
6 - The House of the Lucky Gander!
7 - The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks!
8 - The Living Mummies of Toth-Ra!
9 - The Terror of the Terra-Firmians!

That gives a fairly decent pace to the series - globetrotting, Duckburg, globetrotting, Duckburg, Duckburg, globetrotting, Duckburg, globetrotting, Duckburg - splits up some of the character development episodes, and it spaces out the Lena episodes.

The airing order screws with that completely:

1 - Woo-oo!
2 - Daytrip of Doom!
3 - The Great Dime Chase!
4 - The Beagle Birthday Massacre!
5 - Terror of the Terra-Firmians!
6 - The House of the Lucky Gander!
7 - The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks!
8 - The Living Mummies of Toth-Ra!
9 - The Impossible Summit of Mt Neverrest!

You've got pacing problems - globetrotting, Duckburg, Duckburg, Duckburg, Duckburg, globetrotting, Duckburg, globetrotting, globetrotting - that left the front half of this block feeling trapped in Duckburg, two Beagle episodes in close succession, two Lena episodes back-to-back, character development episodes front-loaded...

I don't know why they chose to rejig things so drastically, but it really hurts that first set of episodes.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of exciting the first few times, but the end result is that there are huge gaps without episodes, and each individual episode gets less attention from fans. Usually just one or two exciting episodes get attention, and everything else gets ignored.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a hiatus, which is bad.
But apparently there are very cool reasons for the hiatus, which is good, or at least cool (unless it's just the bomb format, which is bad).
They're talking about making some "things" to tide us over while we wait, which is good.
The things will probably provide occasional moments of relief that ultimately prove meager and unsatisfying, and which many people won't pay attention to, which is bad.
And since they're only "talking about" making those things, it means they haven't even started making them yet, which is bad.
Although they'll probably be quick and easy to make, which is good.
The things will likely contain potassium benzoate.

Simpsons jokes aside, what this really means is "long, painful hiatus". Time to distract yourself by watching something else, and have someone wake you when the hiatus is over.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
What's the over-under on Season 1's duration? Two years? Three years? With an 18-24 month break afterwards? Something along those lines, right?

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I meant - is the show good?
Oh, I think it's great. Easily up there with the best that modern cartoons have to offer, like Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, or Star vs The Forces of Evil.

I was initially hesitant of it being a reboot, but it's the best kind of reboot. If you watched the old cartoon or read the old comic books, this cartoon did that too, and it loves them/you, but it doesn't rely on the past and you don't need that level of appreciation in order to keep up with the show.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
What's the over-under on Season 1's duration? Two years? Three years? With an 18-24 month break afterwards? Something along those lines, right?

Didn't Gravity Falls have a full year's hiatus mid-season once (I waited until it was all out so I didn't have to deal with any of that, but it sounds like it was awful)? If they're actually announcing this one, I'm leaning towards 3.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
February schedules updated for a variety of shows on Disney XD.

DuckTales doesn't seem to be one of them. #hiatuscontinues #Franksoftenedtheblow

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Got around to watching this, overall it's pretty good.

The only thing that weirds me out a bit is whatever the heck they are doing with Gyro. On the other hand he felt very different from anything he has ever been before, not neccessarily bad or good on it's own, but I have no idea what is going on. Are they making him a full blown villain in the future?

My favourite episode had to be the one with Gladstone. He has always been one of my favourite characters and the perfect rival for Donald (and Scrooge by extension) and while I have read literally hundreds of Gladstone comics I never quite have seen him in a story like this. Really cool.

edit: I will say that Launchpad could be a tad less OTT stupid. The gag will get tiring if that is all he is.

edit2: Oh, and one last thing. I will agree the pacing was a little off after the pilot. Scrooge and Donald (although I get that the latter is more of a supporting character) hardly had any screen time. The kids are way better than in the old show but they need to mix it up a bit more.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Disney XD's March Schedule has been released. Unfortunately DuckTales will continue its hiatus for another month...

Oct 25, 2017
What the heck is going on?!
Why is Disney continuing this scheduling mess?

Or is there something else going on?

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
I still don't like Mark Beaks.
I hope we see less of him.

*Looks up*
Aww dang, guess another round of waiting I go :'-(

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Korean DuckTales "March Adventures" commercial features scenes from two un-aired episodes:

First will air on March 17th, and seems to be focused on Webby, Dewey and... ancient Greece? Early speculation seems to suggest it's going to tie into the "Spear of Selene" plot. Second will air on the 24th, and from the looks of it will be tied to Scrooge's birthday celebration from that DXD preview that got scrubbed. Seems to feature the horned ghost from the show's OP.

Looks like they might get to see these episodes before we do. Hm, I've heard Korea Disney XD includes an English audio track as an option.

EDIT: deleted. Typical.

Last edited:

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
...are they planning on airing the other fifteen episodes of season one first?

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
At the rate they're going, Season 1 will end a week before Season 2 starts.

And Season 2 will go on indefinite hiatus for multiple months after 5-6 episodes air.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
The hiatus has been such a disappointment - my girls loved the episodes so far and when it took a break they were asking every week when the next new episode would be out. As the weeks dragged on they got more frustrated and fed up, to the point where they're nowhere near as interested in when it comes back now (though I'm sure they'll pick it up again when it finally returns).

The fantastic Mickey Mouse shorts have also been handled frustratingly by Disney - where are the home releases? There are, what, four seasons out now? Why is barely any of it out on DVD/BR?

OP
OP
Choppasmith

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Cool Gizmoduck poster included with the Guide Book

tumblr_p5lq8nL70M1v79cwgo1_500.jpg

New Disney Channel promo showing Ducktales that seems to support the movement that animation is coming back to the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.