• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that if you were watching the series normally, this would be the first time you'd see Dewey Dew-Nite, while you'd be introduced to it much earlier through the shorts.
Nah, it's popped up in the series proper a couple times already. First in Day of the Only Child!, and again in Storkules in Duckberg!

Oct 25, 2017
bring back bubba trubba, lol, made me in the mood to rewatch his original episodes.

Wish the show had more episodes to really make some moments and plots last.

awesome season, glomgold intro was lol.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Honestly the reveal of the mascot's true identity as
The freakin Phantom Blot
Is what really got me

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_pxkuc4v2qz1wjv5r3o3_540.jpg

Reminder: Launchpad's apocalyptic future he saw in Timephoon! has yet to occur.
Unless alternate timelines are a thing... in which case NEVER MIND.

A lil bulb offing himself was a quite the bit of dark humor.
His name was Hanks. And he was just *one* day from retirement. ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously they'll be sailing/college buddies who'll mention the mysterious third friend carefully avoiding his name. Also Pete has better tag along!

Given the nature of the Wilson-esque cameo in the finale... is there a possibility that that mysterious third friend exists only in Donald's mind?

(Also, Donald is more comprehensible when doing ventriloquism than when he's speaking directly...)

That said, though, I did notice Mouseton got a namedrop earlier in the week; I don't think that's been mentioned in-series previously (and, for that matter, was it part of the original DuckTales universe, or is it pure Comics Canon?). Has anyone yet used the term "Calisota"?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I've been busy so I'm only just now finishing the season and what a ride that was. Easily one of my favorite tv shows even watching this as an adult now. The finale had so many callbacks and references to past episodes and even a few nods to the old show/comics. Somehow they surpassed the sheer shock value of Donald talking in the first finale.

Can't wait until this comes back. My pipe dream is that they'll use Season 3 as a springing off board for remakes of the other afternoon collection (particularly Goof Troop I NEED it).

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean obviously Darkwing will have a big roll next season
Phantom Blot did appear in an episode of the original Ducktales.
Yeah but we haven't seen him since house of mouse and he wasn't exactly an obvious pick. Plus the irony of it being the one who was harping on Magica to calm down on world domination

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So...Is the villain order Ma Beagle > Shadow Blot > Magica given that Ma Beagle captured the Funzo's mascot back in "The Daytrip of Doom!"?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Bumping this because Frank is tweeting brief episode retrospectives and behind-the-scenes info now that both seasons are up on Disney+ (and completely out-of-order!). While a fix is being worked out this twitter thread will continually update with more info and perhaps maybe we'll learn something new about Season 3 by the end of it so keep an eye on it.

https://twitter.com/FrankAngones/status/1194698358675238912

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Bumping this because Frank is tweeting brief episode retrospectives and behind-the-scenes info now that both seasons are up on Disney+ (and completely out-of-order!). While a fix is being worked out this twitter thread will continually update with more info and perhaps maybe we'll learn something new about Season 3 by the end of it so keep an eye on it.

Glad they're trying to fix the episode order problem. Also Yay season 3 news, I need more broke Magica episodes.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Finally working my way through S2 now that I can and my god the quality of the show is so consistently good. It's honestly amazing that they're able to keep it up like this.

Absolute props to the creative team and the impeccable casting department. What a great little show. I definitely like it more than the original now.

Oct 25, 2017
Binged the second season a while back.

Particular highlights were the dream episode and Launchpad getting to his thing, of course. I am certainly not biased in these opinions.
Donald's Wilson was an unexpected "they didn't... those maniacs, they did it" though.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

This is excellent. And it confirms that they had the right idea all along, but couldn't do it:

Edit: Also, never realised this:

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP WAIT

Glomgold is Keith Ferguson? Fuckin' Basch von Ronsenburg Blooregard Q Kazoo Keith Ferguson?

this show is even better than it was yesterday and I didn't even know.

OP
OP
Choppasmith

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP WAIT

Glomgold is Keith Ferguson? Fuckin' Basch von Ronsenburg Blooregard Q Kazoo Keith Ferguson?

this show is even better than it was yesterday and I didn't even know.
I'm late to this but as someone who loved Wander over Yonder I just heard it as Lord Hater with a Scottish accent. Dude is INSANELY talented.

Anyway, I've mentioned it in other threads and I'll get around to making a proper discussion thread/OT for it, but I finished The Legend of the Three Caballeros the other day. Makes for a nice stopgap in the wait for Season 3.

I know they're competent different shows with completely different continuities, but it'd be cool to see Ducktales mention the show somehow. Like a meta crossover with the voice actors/characters.

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017

DuckTales World Showcase Adventure coming to Epcot at WDW, replacing the Phineas & Ferb World Showcase Adventure that's been there since 2012 (which itself replaced a Kim Possible one that opened in 2009)

SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Haven't checked on the show in a while. Is Donald still being kept offscreen so much that he might as well be in the Navy?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Anyone got a link to the Moon orchestral theme from the season 2 finale?
At least it sounded like it to me :P

EDIT: I SHOULD'VE KNOWN IT WAS THEM
THEY WERE THE SAME AS IN THE DARKWING DUCK CARTOON!

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
screenrant.com

DuckTales Season 3 Premiere Date and Disney Afternoon Characters Revealed!

EXCLUSIVE: The 2-episode premiere is on April 4th - find out who's joining the cast!

DuckTales Season 3 premieres April 4th @ 9:30AM on Disney XD (and available first thing on DisneyNOW). Not sure why the change to Disney XD over The Disney Channel, seems an odd move on their part. 'Course I no longer have access to DXD on my cable package so I might have to rely on the internet and/or DNOW.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
screenrant.com

EXCLUSIVE: The 2-episode premiere is on April 4th - find out who's joining the cast!

DuckTales Season 3 premieres April 4th @ 9:30AM on Disney XD (and available first thing on DisneyNOW). Not sure why the change to Disney XD over The Disney Channel, seems an odd move on their part. 'Course I no longer have access to DXD on my cable package so I might have to rely on the internet and/or DNOW.

I wonder if that means Season 3 is it if they're dumping it on Disney XD.

Also, I really wish they would drop new episodes on D+ after airing. That would be another great incentive for D+ users.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
screenrant.com

Season 1 premiered on Disney XD, only season 2 premiered on Disney channel. Probably scheduling to try and boost ratings to the lesser channel.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just not sure why they think constantly switching what channel to premiere episodes on is a good thing. And going from a widely-available venue to one that's more limited seems like a step-back. It all just seems detrimental to the show's visibility.

And we were all but convinced last year that DXD's number was up with many of its shows either moving to TDC or higher-profile productions not premiering there at all. Didn't see this move coming at all.

EDIT: well at least Frank seems okay with it

also confirmed to be premiering on a weekly basis, with some exceptions

Last edited:

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i legitimately have no idea why disneynow still exists
It's basically the channel-specific streaming platform for cable subscribers. Different goal when compared to D+. You go there for the current seasons and it requires a cable login. D+, as of current plans, will not have current seasons of shows airing on their channels. I personally use both!

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really glad to hear the show is coming back soon. It's been a long time with no news. Season 2 was pretty great, so I have high hopes for Season 3.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the new season ends up on D+ soon after airing, because I'm not paying for another subscription service.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the new season ends up on D+ soon after airing, because I'm not paying for another subscription service.
It's basically the channel-specific streaming platform for cable subscribers. Different goal when compared to D+. You go there for the current seasons and it requires a cable login. D+, as of current plans, will not have current seasons of shows airing on their channels. I personally use both!
Im not sure if this is region specific or not but hulu put the new episodes as they were airing last time and i suspect they would do it again for season 3. Besides... wouldn't it make way more sense to just combine the disneynow function with Disney+? Disney+ already has a big issue with needing to come up with new content for their platform so to me it just makes sense to put new episodes the week they come up because thats ALREADY how disney+ does their originals. I dunno,

disney owns three fucking services for their content, disneynow does not need to exist yet it persists.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
"On top of that, we have so much of our phenomenal returning guest cast, including one I never thought would show up again."

Wonder who that might be. The return of the Barksian Modulator?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm just not sure why they think constantly switching what channel to premiere episodes on is a good thing. And going from a widely-available venue to one that's more limited seems like a step-back. It all just seems detrimental to the show's visibility.

And we were all but convinced last year that DXD's number was up with many of its shows either moving to TDC or higher-profile productions not premiering there at all. Didn't see this move coming at all.

EDIT: well at least Frank seems okay with it

also confirmed to be premiering on a weekly basis, with some exceptions

How big is the gulf between people with just Disney Channel and both it and XD nowadays?

"On top of that, we have so much of our phenomenal returning guest cast, including one I never thought would show up again."

Wonder who that might be. The return of the Barksian Modulator?

That feels like the most likely since he seemed like the least likely person to be back.

Are there any other guest stars who would seem too busy to return?

(I wonder if one of the unreleased ones is them finally getting the ok for Mickey)

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
How big is the gulf between people with just Disney Channel and both it and XD nowadays?

That feels like the most likely since he seemed like the least likely person to be back.

Are there any other guest stars who would seem too busy to return?

(I wonder if one of the unreleased ones is them finally getting the ok for Mickey)
Wasn't Mickey in the poster for season 3?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Finally caught up to the whole second season with my kids. Going to be interesting when the next season adds all those other series into Ducktales. The two were already a little blown away that i was watching Ducktales when i was in their age too. ^^

One thing i kinda don't like is that they're "nerfing" Scrooge's enemies too much. Glomgold should be a bit more threatening instead of a walking idiot comic relief. Magica was too powerful with her magic available, now shes ... well ... i wouldn't even call her villain anymore without magic.

Let's hope they keep FOWL more of a threat going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.