• We are delighted to introduce GiftBot 2.0, the next generation of our popular gifting feature. To celebrate, we'll be giving away some incredible prizes over the coming weeks in one big Giveaway Extravaganza!

Ducktales (2017) |OT| Solving a mystery while resetting history!

Sciz

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that if you were watching the series normally, this would be the first time you'd see Dewey Dew-Nite, while you'd be introduced to it much earlier through the shorts.
Nah, it's popped up in the series proper a couple times already. First in Day of the Only Child!, and again in Storkules in Duckberg!

Oct 25, 2017
bring back bubba trubba, lol, made me in the mood to rewatch his original episodes.

Wish the show had more episodes to really make some moments and plots last.

awesome season, glomgold intro was lol.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Honestly the reveal of the mascot’s true identity as
The freakin Phantom Blot
Is what really got me

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously they’ll be sailing/college buddies who’ll mention the mysterious third friend carefully avoiding his name. Also Pete has better tag along!
Given the nature of the Wilson-esque cameo in the finale... is there a possibility that that mysterious third friend exists only in Donald's mind?

(Also, Donald is more comprehensible when doing ventriloquism than when he's speaking directly...)

That said, though, I did notice Mouseton got a namedrop earlier in the week; I don't think that's been mentioned in-series previously (and, for that matter, was it part of the original DuckTales universe, or is it pure Comics Canon?). Has anyone yet used the term "Calisota"?

Terraforce

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I've been busy so I'm only just now finishing the season and what a ride that was. Easily one of my favorite tv shows even watching this as an adult now. The finale had so many callbacks and references to past episodes and even a few nods to the old show/comics. Somehow they surpassed the sheer shock value of Donald talking in the first finale.

Can't wait until this comes back. My pipe dream is that they'll use Season 3 as a springing off board for remakes of the other afternoon collection (particularly Goof Troop I NEED it).

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean obviously Darkwing will have a big roll next season
Phantom Blot did appear in an episode of the original Ducktales.
Yeah but we haven’t seen him since house of mouse and he wasn’t exactly an obvious pick. Plus the irony of it being the one who was harping on Magica to calm down on world domination

Xaszatm

Oct 25, 2017
So...Is the villain order Ma Beagle > Shadow Blot > Magica given that Ma Beagle captured the Funzo's mascot back in "The Daytrip of Doom!"?