• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
yes, caress the heads
tumblr_inline_prfo9jWtvx1v3814i_400.gif

this should be an interesting rivalry, Scrooge can't have two pilots... right?
tumblr_inline_prg21jjG9P1vcl97q_400.png

train doesn't stop here though, another new episode airs tomorrow!

Tuesday, May 14
DuckTales "Raiders of the Doomsday Vault!"
(3:00–3:30 P.M. EDT)

Dewey tries to prove himself by exploring a frozen fortress in search of a money tree seed, but Glomgold has kidnapped Scrooge in order to find it first.
On an arctic adventure, Dewey tries to prove himself to his mom. Meanwhile, Scrooge teams up with Glomgold to find them.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I like how an un-detailed background prop from a season one episode turned out to be not some mysterious Duck family member or HDL's baby daddy like some had speculated, but just good ol' Launchpad striking a pose.

tumblr_prgy1mFHSG1wcibbzo1_400.png

tumblr_prgy1mFHSG1wcibbzo2_400.png

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
On one hand it's great, more Darkwing Duck is always welcome. On the other, it's a bit sad that they chose to make it a "show within a show" kinda thing. DD has legs to stand on it's own, I think.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely lost it when they started singing Powerline.

If only it were I 2 I.

EDIT - And was that the color sequence from the first episode of Darkwing Duck?

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017

I am so excited!
Even though Jim Cummings sucks regardless of what happened in that custody battle. I won't let him sully my love of Darkwing Duck.

I absolutely lost it when they started singing Powerline.

If only it were I 2 I.

EDIT - And was that the color sequence from the first episode of Darkwing Duck?

No, Gosalyn's lullaby was "Yellow, Blue, Red, Blue, Purple too, Blue, Purple, and Green, then the Yellow."

The colors in Ludwig Von Drake's password reference The Spectrum Song he sang.

Last edited:

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
God, yesterday and today's episodes are so good.

But man, I just want an episode with Della and Louie after yesterday. Dewey and Della were great, but after some of the moments yesterday, that's the bonding episode I want the most.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I've really loved the last two episodes. Della has been a fun addition, and her interactions with the kids has been great. The only thing that kind of read false to me this last episode was the implication that Della was not just being reckless in the vault. Scrooge's points were pretty valid, and her knowing the emergency exit didn't make up for all the other reckless choices that almost got her and Dewy killed. I still really enjoyed the episode, but that one bit felt a little false that's all.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
I've really loved the last two episodes. Della has been a fun addition, and her interactions with the kids has been great. The only thing that kind of read false to me this last episode was the implication that Della was not just being reckless in the vault. Scrooge's points were pretty valid, and her knowing the emergency exit didn't make up for all the other reckless choices that almost got her and Dewy killed. I still really enjoyed the episode, but that one bit felt a little false that's all.

I feel like that's on purpose to set the table for a future conflict. I think the show is doing the slow burn with her character. Her reuniting with her sons was clearly an earned emotional moment, but I think future episodes might focus on her very real character flaw: she's an adrenaline junkie. She left her sons when they were eggs to go on an adventure that got her stranded for years. Sure, she did everything she could to get back, but that could be her chasing the high of doing crazy things to get back home. I'm thinking we're going to be seeing more of Della unintentionally endangering her sons in pursuit of chasing her high.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Mother/son bonding
tumblr_prihnfjVXy1rphqpd_400.png

tumblr_prhjvdfQ3p1rji958o1_400.gif

tumblr_prhxymsMoc1vo4ts6o5_400.png

I can only imagine how Donald would react seeing the way Della interacts with her kids, because if the last two episodes is any indication she can be pretty damn reckless.

how is he reacting, he's supposed to be a recording...
tumblr_prio1kiBKr1rji958o1_400.gif

and finally, tomorrow we come to the episode that will finally address that one plot point we've all been wondering about

Wednesday, May 15
DuckTales"Friendship Hates Magic!"

Stuck as a shadow, Lena tries to protect Webby from her suspicious new friend Violet during a supernatural sleepover.
*Libe Barer ("Sneaky Pete") guest stars as Violet. Kimiko Glenn ("Orange is the New Black") returns as Lena.

Doesn't expect Della to show up in this one.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like that's on purpose to set the table for a future conflict. I think the show is doing the slow burn with her character. Her reuniting with her sons was clearly an earned emotional moment, but I think future episodes might focus on her very real character flaw: she's an adrenaline junkie. She left her sons when they were eggs to go on an adventure that got her stranded for years. Sure, she did everything she could to get back, but that could be her chasing the high of doing crazy things to get back home. I'm thinking we're going to be seeing more of Della unintentionally endangering her sons in pursuit of chasing her high.

This is a really good take. I'm just being impatient for the show to get into soe of the messy drama with Della. Overall, this new season has felt pretty strong. My only real criticism for the broader plot is that the moon people feel like way less of danger than Magica.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
There's still the very real danger of Scrooge losing his bet with Glomgold. And Owlson seems poised to usurp Glomgold at some point.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So this week we had Della return, Della go on an adventure with Dewey, Lena return, DarkWing Duck return, lord only knows what Friday has in store for us before another hiatus of unspecified length.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
There's still the very real danger of Scrooge losing his bet with Glomgold. And Owlson seems poised to usurp Glomgold at some point.

I kind of think Owlson is going to help Glomgold win the bet, then take the company from Glomgold. She seems disillusioned with both of them and their antics.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
So this week we had Della return, Della go on an adventure with Dewey, Lena return, DarkWing Duck return, lord only knows what Friday has in store for us before another hiatus of unspecified length.
Friday's episode will be the Darkwing one, Thursday's will feature more Gizmo-Duck. And also re-introduces Gandra Dee, who will be re-characterized from her DuckTales '87 version.

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I think Della's arc is going to involve her realizing she needs to be far more responsible and cautious with her children, as well as learning to curb her thirst for adrenaline.

Essentially she has to learn to be a mom and not a cool Big Sister.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
God, yesterday and today's episodes are so good.

But man, I just want an episode with Della and Louie after yesterday. Dewey and Della were great, but after some of the moments yesterday, that's the bonding episode I want the most.
I'm kind of disappointed that Della didn't make the connection during her adventure with Dewey that he was "the time traveling relative from the future" that she teamed up with to apprehend the Wendigo as a kid during Christmas.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of disappointed that Della didn't make the connection during her adventure with Dewey that he was "the time traveling relative from the future" that she teamed up with to apprehend the Wendigo as a kid during Christmas.

I'm honestly not sure if that's something we'll ever see her put together in-show and just have to assume happened at some point BTS.

Besides, considering how Della's mind seems to be consisted of 50% Love for her Children, 40% "ADVENTURE, YOOOO!" and 10% Moon PTSD, I can kinda get her not putting that stuff together.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Catching up on S2 and just watched the 87 cent solution. I am dead at the funeral scene. Glomgold is absolutely amazing.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
"B.A. Beagle" Hmm...
tumblr_prj7vc4K8F1v3814i_400.jpg

"barring that summer undercover in Parrotguay" ha ha, holy shit
tumblr_prjolaxOOO1uarbda_400.png

I like how Launchpad's "thing" is to pop into frame when least expected
tumblr_prjn58p0Pd1wbcn4q_400.png

'Tulpas'. Sounds like a type of mexican food dish.
tumblr_inline_prjvfjLkNe1siq668_400.png

Yay!
tumblr_prjzxvCCcC1rji958o1_400.gif

Tomorrow's episode should be interesting:

Thursday, May 16
DuckTales "The Dangerous Chemistry of Gandra Dee!"

tumblr_prk0w1OLRy1u7c14m_540.jpg

With Huey's and Webby's help, Fenton woos a punk-rock scientist, Gandra Dee, only to uncover her dangerous plans for Gizmoduck.
*Jameela Jamil ("The Good Place") guest stars as Gandra Dee. Lin-Manuel Miranda (Broadway's "Hamilton") and Selenis Leyva ("Orange Is the New Black") return as Fenton Crackshell-Cabrera/Gizmoduck and Officer Cabrera, respectively.

I'm here for these boss promo pics

And now a preview clip!

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw the new episode.

yes, Yes, YES!!! Lena is back and new girl seems like a great new addition to Webby's trio.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw the new episode.

yes, Yes, YES!!! Lena is back and new girl seems like a great new addition to Webby's trio.
I just finished too. YAAAAS LENA. I thought she was going to have to follow Webby or something but nope instant satisfaction! I love this show. We also got Della a few episodes ago. This show is a gift that keeps on giving.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing Can Stop Della Duck!
This was a good episode, though my distaste for the way the nephews are handled in this show brought it down a bit.

Also sucks for Donald.

Raiders of the Doomsday Vault!
Knew about "Stand Out", but it's still cute.
I know I'm probably a minority on this, but I don't like how Glomgold is handled in this show. I'm fine with him being used for comedy sometimes, but him literally never being competent and now needing an assistant to stay on track for a second goes too far for me.

Friendship Hates Magic!
Finally getting back to Lena.
Is the whole episode going to be Lena yelling at Webby but not doing anything?
OK, now stuff with Lena.
Oh right, didn't consider that Launchpad wouldn't be in the Darkwing Duck show in this universe.
I figured the shadow creatures were actually attacking due to Lena's jealousy, but they didn't do much with it really.
Oh hey Lena's physical again.
Best friends!

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't know why Disney is burning through 10 or so episodes.

EDIT: Also, the episode schedule in the OP hasn't been updated for literally over a year now, BTW.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
So apparently there's another reason for the My Little Pony reference.

Tulpas ree a significant part of the fanbase

Status
Not open for further replies.