• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
oh no, is Doofensmirtz gonna invade this show too?
tumblr_prll1nCJ6J1ro56t1o1_400.png

welp
tumblr_inline_prlqeo4Zft1vcl97q_400.png

I've always been fond of the 'sweater-tied-around-the-waist' look.
tumblr_inline_prm2qxSChS1tth5lf_400.png

overbearing mom senses tingling at mere mention of 'date'
tumblr_prlhujNCGH1uarbda_400.png

#duckburglife
tumblr_prlbwrTFoe1qg94bco1_400.png

can't have romance in a Disney show without referencing THAT scene
tumblr_inline_prlqdaIiuu1vcl97q_400.png

too dank, pls nerf
tumblr_prl7wcPlSo1rji958o1_400.gif

NANOMACHINES, SON
tumblr_prlqnq8gh11ui09t8_400.png

still not sure how his head fits in there, it must have cat-like properties
tumblr_prle7fpoZt1un12to_400.png

d'aaw.... NERDS
tumblr_inline_prlox3qPqm1waram7_400.png

And now, the final episode of this-here two-week episode bomb:

Friday, May 17
DuckTales "The Duck Knight Returns!"
(3:00–3:30 P.M. EDT)

When Scrooge and Dewey make a gritty Darking Duck movie, Launchpad teams up with the original Darkwing to stop it.

Here's that clip again if you missed it on the last page:

Oct 25, 2017
lol litrally dead from the 87 cent episode. Glomgold winning is all I ever needed and that song and dance coming into the funeral was the best thing ever, lol.

Owlson easily best of the new characters, like hope she stays with him. Really balances out his craziness.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
the duck knight returns

so, that's how they are going to so this....

Last edited:

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
The Duck Knight Returns

So, we now have a new Darkwing Duck and the introduction of Negaduck. This should be interesting.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
The Duck Knight Returns

So, we now have a new Darkwing Duck and the introduction of Negaduck. This should be interesting.

duck knight returns

i need to know if gosalyn is in

when is the episode being aired? how many hours? i need a countdown or something because i'm in a different timezone

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
LMFAO this episode

for the Duck Knight Returns

It turned out to be the origin story of Negaduck. I can't LOL

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Reading the stuff they're doing with Darkwing Duck is really pushing me to catch up with this series. It's some wonderful revisioning.

Jamh

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Wow, as a HUUUGE Darkwing Duck fan I have got to say I love what they did with this episode. I knew when they didn't say the fan's name early on he'd turn out to be Drake Mallard, but to go all in and have Jim Starling become NegaDuck? These guys are great! Here's hoping they can get a greenlight for a spinoff and bring back Gosalyn as well.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Another gigantic Darkwing Duck fan over here saying I absolutely LOVE what they did with this character.
Having Jim Starling become Negaduck at the end was phenomenal.
This episode was amazing. This has to be a backdoor pilot for a new Darkwing Duck series right? I need more of this now.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I think I can say without hyperbole that "The Duck Knight Returns" is one of the best episodes of television I've ever watched. I can't believe how much heart, hilarity, and heroics they packed into 23 minutes. I remember being a bit disappointed with how they initially introduced Darkwing into the universe, but the writers were right when they said it would all pay off in the end. I'm never doubting them again.

And can I just say how brilliant the voice work for the show has been recently?
Jim Cummings hasn't lost a step. But I was shocked that Drake Mallard wasn't Jim as well. I didn't realize Chris Diamantopoulos was such a talented voice actor. And Jameela Jamil was unrecognizable as Gandra Dee. I was really impressed by her American accent.

This episode was amazing. This has to be a backdoor pilot for a new Darkwing Duck series right? I need more of this now.

I hope they jump straight into
Justice Ducks. I have a feeling they turned Gandra Dee into a Catwoman-like foil for Gizmoduck for a reason. And I just realized Storkules could be a great addition to Justice Ducks, too.

Exodus 1831

Oct 25, 2018
Never watched the Ducktales reboot, but I was a big Darkwing Duck fan when I was younger. That episode had me grinning from ear to ear

Jamh

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Justice Ducks. I have a feeling they turned Gandra Dee into a Catwoman-like foil for Gizmoduck for a reason. And I just realized Storkules could be a great addition to Justice Ducks, too.
I don't know, I'd love to see the Justice Ducks (and the Fearsome Five) but I just don't want to see them replacing Stegmutt, Morgana, or Neptunia. Although, a battle between Magica and Morgana would be incredible and something I'd do anything to see. Whatever they do after this episode I'm going to trust these guys, though for the love of God I hope they don't use that new Megavolt design lol.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
wait, so why did jim cummings voice starling and the other guy drake? felt kind of weird, i mean nothing against the new voice actor but during the whole episode starling felt like the real darkwing and drake like some imitation, especially because of the voice acting. or was that the whole point? not sure how i'd feel if darkwing gets a new voice actor

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
wait, so why did jim cummings voice starling and the other guy drake? felt kind of weird, i mean nothing against the new voice actor but during the whole episode starling felt like the real darkwing and drake like some imitation, especially because of the voice acting. or was that the whole point? not sure how i'd feel if darkwing gets a new voice actor

It's better this way.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
you dun fucked up
tumblr_prn301LLAg1rji958o1_400.gif

the classic duo reborn
tumblr_prnspzzvai1rji958o1_400.gif

another goof troop/powerline ref
tumblr_prngv2cuD01vkoa08_400.gif

plot twist!
tumblr_prndz85I601v6pfjgo2_400.gif

PLOT TWEEST!
tumblr_prnf34vIvQ1vk0vsn_400.gif

apparently a new promo was shown after the east coast airing, with new episodes slated to return in September
hopefully someone can get a screen recording of it soon, so far just this shot exists

tumblr_prnzw9TyH01s98548_540.jpg

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
you dun fucked up
tumblr_prn301LLAg1rji958o1_400.gif

the classic duo reborn
tumblr_prnspzzvai1rji958o1_400.gif

another goof troop/powerline ref
tumblr_prngv2cuD01vkoa08_400.gif

plot twist!
tumblr_prndz85I601v6pfjgo2_400.gif

PLOT TWEEST!
tumblr_prnf34vIvQ1vk0vsn_400.gif

apparently a new promo was shown after the east coast airing, with new episodes slated to return in September
hopefully someone can get a screen recording of it soon, so far just this shot exists

tumblr_prnzw9TyH01s98548_540.jpg
That's Goldie right?

Last edited:

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
DuckTales is such a good reboot that it can reboot other shows within itself and still have it be incredibly satisfying and hype

Oct 27, 2017
HOLY SHIT!

They ended that mini-binge on the perfect note.
Like the posters above, I kinda figured that
the new fan was gonna be the real Drake Mallard, coming from the way they hid his name, plus the "picked on" backstory was the same as that of 90s DW. Plus, Jim Cummings doing the Negaduck ranting tone during the final fight was a lock of what was gonna happen next. But it was just as awesome!

The Gravity Falls-esque breaks are definitely bumming, but I can't wait for the new set in September!

I think I can say without hyperbole that "The Duck Knight Returns" is one of the best episodes of television I've ever watched. I can't believe how much heart, hilarity, and heroics they packed into 23 minutes. I remember being a bit disappointed with how they initially introduced Darkwing into the universe, but the writers were right when they said it would all pay off in the end. I'm never doubting them again.

And can I just say how brilliant the voice work for the show has been recently?
Jim Cummings hasn't lost a step. But I was shocked that Drake Mallard wasn't Jim as well. I didn't realize Chris Diamantopoulos was such a talented voice actor. And Jameela Jamil was unrecognizable as Gandra Dee. I was really impressed by her American accent.

Quoting to agree, except that last part about Gandra. At first glance, she looked like duck Ramona Flowers wearing beats. I can see the half and half measure ala Ada Wong, but dunno about going the full super-villain route. Also, going back to the DW episode,
I loved how Drake's meanest moment was admitting his disliking of Gizmoduck like the 90s one

Oct 25, 2017
binged. And can I say:

Oh My God. That was everything I needed. From meta-commentary on reboots and fans (the writers read era, don't they...), to literally completing the diegetic "cancelled season", I'm Webby-ing out on this goodness.

I really hope this converts more people to the Duck cause! ... and additional seasons, of course.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to the inevitable Darkwing versus Gizmoduck episode.

Oh hell yes.

Also, a thought occurred to me while rewatching the episode.

What are the odds that the kid that Drake inspires as the new Darkwing Duck like Jim did for him winds up being Gosalyn?

Additionally I have a hunch that Negaduck is gonna be the Big Bad for Season 3!

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Oh hell yes.

Also, a thought occurred to me while rewatching the episode.

What are the odds that the kid that Drake inspires as the new Darkwing Duck like Jim did for him winds up being Gosalyn?

Additionally I have a hunch that Negaduck is gonna be the Big Bad for Season 3!

You know they're make jokes and references to Batman versus Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.