• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
subtle
tumblr_pxni7ldTrk1xkyziwo1_500.png

della a cute
tumblr_pxnlbm8Xym1xd0ngpo1_500.gif

The Louie plot was handled well enough, the crew re-jigging Bombie into more of a Solomon Grundy-like cursed existence rather than the horribly-racist voo-doo zombie caricature in the comics was for the best. Still odd that they would even use him.

But damn, Della got some truth bombs dropped on her today:
- was finally addressed that the kids never got her transmissions
- comes to the realization that her headcanon-ed friendship with Penny might not be real

Fortunately that last one was mitigated when Penny managed to get a signal through, but now thanks to that we're entering endgame tomorrow:

"Moonvasion!" *double-length SEASON 2 FINALE*
The moon invades Duckburg, forcing Scrooge to join forces with an unlikely ally in an effort to save Earth; Della and the kids search the globe for reinforcements.

a preview clip from "Moonvasion!" was shared earlier today on twitter:

and twitter promo art from Sam:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
That's what you get for implementing budget cuts to important def3nses.

At this rate, the family will only know Donald's missing when he returns.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Just watched the finale on DisneyNow and it was SO GOOD. Holy moly! So much fun.

There was so much Darkwing Duck and I can't believe that "Mickey Mouse" cameo. Even better was the season 3 preview stinger unveiling that Scrooge's Board of Directors are F.O.W.L. and Steel Beak was there! Aaaaah!

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering why Lunaris sounded so familiar.
Turns out he provided the voice of Commander Zavala from the Destiny games.

Also.
I'm guessing Watermelon Mickey is the closest Mickey we'll ever get in this show.

This was a good season finale. Looking forward to the next.

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Just watched the finale on DisneyNow and it was SO GOOD. Holy moly! So much fun.

There was so much Darkwing Duck and I can't believe that "Mickey Mouse" cameo. Even better was the season 3 preview stinger unveiling that Scrooge's Board of Directors are F.O.W.L. and Steel Beak was there! Aaaaah!
Also the Phantom Blot

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
The last episode I watched was the Dellas duck reveal episode with my daughter. I can't wait to watch the rest with my her now that they are all out.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Good Season Finale, although I think
the Donald Della Reunion needed to be longer, curious how their dynamic will play out in season 3

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Omfg that finale was everything I could ask for.
Glomgold was once again the MVP. His brilliant scheme worked hahaha. I was dying at the Sharkas. And FOWL being setup omfg. We just got some new villains but that poster from Comic-Con has me hyped for all the new allies that will be joining team McDuck. Was already nerding out seeing everyone assembling but it'll be even more hype when Rescue Rangers, Goofy, Talespin etc team up too.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Omfg that finale was everything I could ask for.
Glomgold was once again the MVP. His brilliant scheme worked hahaha. I was dying at the Sharkas. And FOWL being setup omfg. We just got some new villains but that poster from Comic-Con has me hyped for all the new allies that will be joining team McDuck. Was already nerding out seeing everyone assembling but it'll be even more hype when Rescue Rangers, Goofy, Talespin etc team up too.

I wonder how the Rescue Rangers will be established in this series, along with how Goof Troop Goofy will tag along with Scrooge & co.

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH omfg so much stuff I CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 3 HNKJLFHASDKJLDHJAS

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Not quite the heartrending gauntlet of emotions that was The Shadow War!, but still a fantastic finale that managed to touch on what felt like almost every single episode of the show so far, and I can't believe they got away with that special guest cameo.

"Hah! No takebacks on Christmas!"

"It's not Christmas!"

"THEN WHY IS SANTA HEEEEERE?"

Disney needs to keep this creative team together as long as they possibly can.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I cannot state enough how far beyond even my highest expectations this show has managed to go. It's simply incredible on every level. Probably one the the greatest revivals ever.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also that "mickey" cameo was probably the funniest bit they've ever done. i just loved the bizarreness of it. even knowing it was coming i still wasnt prepared

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I was on a trip this week, and just binged this week's episodes. Great stuff.

I'm going to miss those Moon Theme Remixes.

Oct 25, 2017

Such a great gag.

Really hoping we get a proper Della and Webby episode next season.

Not quite the heartrending gauntlet of emotions that was The Shadow War!, but still a fantastic finale that managed to touch on what felt like almost every single episode of the show so far, and I can't believe they got away with that special guest cameo.

"Hah! No takebacks on Christmas!"

"It's not Christmas!"

"THEN WHY IS SANTA HEEEEERE?"

Disney needs to keep this creative team together as long as they possibly can.

Nah, man, the best dialogue was lowkey...

Melon Mickey as he's being kicked into the ocean by Della: "I'LL BE BACK REAL SOOOOOOOOON!"

And then shortly afterward, Cousin Gladstone arrives as he's eating Melon Mickey.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something I saw on reddit but about the adult quartet.

All of them were trapped in a place of their dreams. Della was trapped on the moon, after she wanted to explore space. Gladstone was trapped in a giant Mansion, and he wanted to be rich. Fethry was trapped in an underwater observatory, and he wanted to study marine life. Finally, in one episode they discussed how Donald just wanted some peace and quiet. And what does he get? Stranded on a lonely island.

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
the finale was soooo hype

Watermelon Mickey KILLED me, I loved that they got his current VA from the shorts

Oct 25, 2017
I loved seeing
Darkwing back
but I wish he had actually done more than just be a punching bag, he's supposed to be a hero damn it. Anyways that was hilarious, can't wait for season 3.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Don't want to read too much about the show without having seen any of it, but is this ever going to be on Disney+?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I just loved that Scrooge used his pogo cane attack from the NES game. Made mark out outloud.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully, Drake will grow out of his crazed fanboy stage and actually act like a competent hero.
Nah, that would be boring. We got Gizmoduck for that. I was worried after that last episode cuz the thing that makes Darkwing interesting is that he's selfish and not very heroic, but he could come through in the end when it really counted. He was just right in the season 2 finale, his character just was a bit conflicting with the previous episode.

I'm curious how Drake will get things like the Ratcatcher and Thunderquack. I'm guessing Beakly will use her connections with SHUSH to hook him up since she became a DW fan and Launchpad will build the Thunderquack since Della has taken the Sunchaser.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Nah, that would be boring. We got Gizmoduck for that. I was worried after that last episode cuz the thing that makes Darkwing interesting is that he's selfish and not very heroic, but he could come through in the end when it really counted. He was just right in the season 2 finale, his character just was a bit conflicting with the previous episode.

I'm curious how Drake will get things like the Ratcatcher and Thunderquack. I'm guessing Beakly will use her connections with SHUSH to hook him up since she became a DW fan and Launchpad will build the Thunderquack since Della has taken the Sunchaser.

I should've said a combination of both the delusional fanboy and a somewhat competent hero.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Best thing ever was the short Gladstone+Fethry (+Donald) teamup. I don't remember the artist who did a series of comics featuring them teaming up but I used to really like them. Didn't expect to ever see them together in animation.

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe how good this show is tbh.

Now we need Season 3 ASAP. I really hope they keep this going and we get more shows in the same universe or something like that.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
"Timephoon" didn't have Woke Bubba like I was hoping, but it was good that they were able to extract any good from that character. Honestly, what were they thinking making him a series regular in the first cartoon?

"GlomTales" was alright. I'm still not fully onboard Glomgold being a 100% comedic character, and in fact, none of the villains being real threats. Not even Magica anymore. Louie becoming the richest duck in the world at the end was a neat twist.

Hmm, not sure I like Bombie being removed from the "Scrooge is being punished for exploiting an African village" context. I'd say the only reason a modern writer would be even willing to touch that character is because Don Rosa added that context (in the original Carl Barks story, that backstory was just an aside and wasn't meant to really mean anything for Scrooge's character), so why use Bombie if you aren't going to do that?

One comics moment I really wanted to see animated was from Don Rosa's Black Knight story, where Scrooge ordered a missile strike on the Black Knight, so it was neat to see a satellite drop on Bombie at least.

Interesting that if you were watching the series normally, this would be the first time you'd see Dewey Dew-Nite, while you'd be introduced to it much earlier through the shorts.

As for the season finale, it just felt weird because the Moon didn't feel like a global threat even after that last Donald episode, nor did it really make much sense to me that Lunaris had such insight into Scrooge and all his allies. In any case, it was nice seeing so many old characters return, and though expected, I liked that the key to winning was Glomgold coming up with a stupid plan that no one would ever predict. I do agree more time should have been spent on Della and Donald reuniting, but I assume we'll get more of that next season. I also feel like Donald himself should have played a bigger role in the final battle, to make up for his absence for so long, and his efforts in his previous episode not actually amounting to much; Penumbra was already opposed to an invasion of Earth.

Scrooge's board of directors being FOWL was unexpected. We'll have to see how they fare as villains.

Status
Not open for further replies.