• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
The art style of the new DuckTales series is beautiful.

Given the art is spot-on for New DuckTales, if it is fake, their artist is excellent at mimicking the style, or they ripped sprites directly from the show - but off the top of my head, I can't think of anything in the show that matches the shot of the triplets stacked up and firing a catapult... but I'm pretty sure I *have* seen the scorpion thing they're firing at, although I can't place it specifically right now.

But then conversely, if this was an official New DuckTales title... surely Webby would be somewhere in the promotional pics?

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Quackshot is my favourite Mega Drive exclusive so I will be obliged to be very upset if this is exclusively just an April Fools joke.

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
EUgbmzTX0AEbHkE

eeeh

Koivusilta

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Agh, beaten. ^
Hmm, the Beagle Boy's hand is partially cut off in the first image...

New DuckTales is so great it absolutely deserves a good game to go with it. If this is an April Fools joke, there's a special place in hell for these people... :P

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
Seriously, if it's just a joke...

That would be an instabuy if real. Please be real, please.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It would take a special kind of stupid for a game publisher to announce a fake licensed Disney video game for April Fool's, let alone with zero hint that it's a joke.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
If it's an April Fools my guess would be it's from a proof of concept that didn't get approved/greenlit/etc. that they want out there

But I guess that's just my naive hope

As it happens, if it's *real* I think it's art from a design document anyway! Look at Big Time; he's missing the side of his hand because he's been pasted in.

That's not actually inherently counter-proof, it could just signify that this isn't from a finished game. But it could still be counter-proof!

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
These are the worst kinds of April Fools' jokes because all you're doing is crushing dreams.

Yeh the only video game April's fools I like are the ones that are so ridiculous you know straight away. The ones that are more jokes than pranks. Fake announcing something people want is bad mmmkay.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
My completely uneducated guess is they're images from a prototype/proposal they made for Disney and them releasing it is a way to try and build hype to get Disney to greenlight it. It's too specific and real looking for it to work as a joke, but announcing it on April 1st is a huge red flag.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I'm really not feeling April Fools this year, as the country seemingly crumbles around me outside.

Im sure this is fake but the graphics are really nice at least..

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
If this is fake, considering they're using a Disney license, couldn't those crazy copyright demons just press a lawsuit against them for using their properties? Like, Disney doesn't fuck around even with fake branded shirts.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Putting aside the validity of the announcement, doesn't the new version of DuckTales deserve an original game, rather than being skinned over an existing one? Nobody put a hard cap on the amount of good DuckTales games that are allowed to exist, and this generation deserves their own new games to enjoy.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Putting aside the validity of the announcement, doesn't the new version of DuckTales deserve an original game, rather than being skinned over an existing one? Nobody put a hard cap on the amount of good DuckTales games that are allowed to exist, and this generation deserves their own new games to enjoy.

I think if it *is* real, it's a new Quackshot sequel but now in the NewDucktales universe. There's little hints; the triplet mechanic. The fact that Scrooge is in and appears to be using Darkwing's hanging mechanic.

Can any Quackshot experts confirm if any of those shots match up to actual Quackshot environments?

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
If this is fake, considering they're using a Disney license, couldn't those crazy copyright demons just press a lawsuit against them for using their properties? Like, Disney doesn't fuck around even with fake branded shirts.
Parody is protected.

Koivusilta

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
If it's a fake, wouldn't this basically just be fan art, since they aren't making money with this or anything? It would be stupid and tone deaf to make a joke using someone else's property, but I can't see there being any real repercussions other than making people angry and disappointed with yourself.

Deleted member 20852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Making an April fools joke about a thing people actually want would be just mean. Announcing something real but unexpected on April 1st is probably a bad idea too.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Well, its QuackShot"S", not QuackShot...but yeah at least bundle it together with the classic game haha.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how this is meant to be funny if it's a joke.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've watched a few modern Disney channel cartoons and Ducktales is generally high quality. Big City Greens and Gravity Falls are nice too. Anyway this would be great but prob a joke.