• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
game wasn't great but worth a single playthrough.

the artwork, music, etc was topnotch, but the limitations of the OG base game really showed its wrinkles

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I've worked on bunch that I won't get into but this was the best for me for some reasons that are unique to this title for me. This was the best mostly because the team LOVED working on this title and the fans were so fun to talk to about it. Working with the VO cast made it special in ways that other projects haven't for obvious reasons. The comments above about PAX was a reason too. Doing an announce at a consumer event was really fun. Ducktales just made people happy and it was felt throughout development.

Well, I'm glad it exists. Pretty cool. Nice job.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they at least let us know before it was taken off, I just purchased it on steam to make sure i have it on pc.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
I just picked it up off Amazon for $13, which is a little steep considering how cheap the game is digitally but I feel more comfortable with having it physical all things considered. Not sure if I really needed it, but when a game gets delisted I go into complete panic mode. Glad this one wasn't too expensive.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Picked it up on Steam and xbl, even though I have a physical copy on 360 already. For $3.74, why not?

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Be careful with those "physical" copies. Didn't they mostly come as download codes in a box?

The first print run did (which was just a lapel pin in a box and a download code) later releases were actual discs.

The front of the box mentions the pin and "Digital Copy Only"

s-l1600.jpg

And I think, though I could be wrong, that it was PS3 only. Disc releases were for all platforms.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Try it. Prove me wrong. I still have PS+, so I'm boned no matter what. Just bought a disc off of eBay, though.

i'm just baffled by sony hasn't solved this issue yet...it's literally people who want to give them money for a game.
i know that this is the way it was:

game is offered for free on PS+
player with PS+ "buys" the game as part of PS+, maintaining access as long as player is subscribed to PS+
player CANNOT buy the game to own in perpetuity unless PS+ subscription lapses

is it still this way? the only easy workaround was to make a new PS account (that didn't have PS+ of course) and buy it on that account, but i know most people would rather have their games all on one account.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Be careful with those "physical" copies. Didn't they mostly come as download codes in a box?

On Xbox (360 version) it's on the disc, it comes with 1000 achievement points versus the downloadable version which only has 400 achievement points. I'm not sure how this works for BC though

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
The first print run did (which was just a lapel pin in a box and a download code) later releases were actual discs.

s-l1600.jpg

And I think, though I could be wrong, that it was PS3 only. Disc releases were for all platforms.

Yeah you might be right, I think I have this confused with something else. Still, make sure you don't get that ps3 version then...

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony needs to take a cue from Microsoft and start granting permanent licenses to PS+ games, especially now that they've cut it down to two a month.
Well MS had to do it, because somehow the way their system worked on Xbox 360 couldn't grant temporarly licenses to GwG 360 games. If it could, they would've did it like Sony. Thank goodness for us that it doesn't work like that and we get permanent licenses.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Already have it on Steam and thankfully it was released physically on other platforms, so it won't be forever lost to the mists of time

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
Was going to go get it on Steam but turns out I've already bought it 5 years ago. Played for 8 hours too.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Nice. I like how they announce it in advance and put the game on sale

Some games just vanish after the license expires

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I often wonder in cases such as this what the cost difference is for permission to sell a game for ~6 years vs. 10 years or in perpetuity.

Like (i'm assuming Disney in this case, could be lots of people I guess) are saying "6 years....reasonable fee. 10 years? better pay the fuck up!"

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
One of the few PAX I went to was when this debuted and it may be the best memory I have of any PAX as I'm a huge Scrooge/DuckTales fan. I believe this is Alan Young's last performance as Scrooge, amongst other notable voice over moments that this game allowed to happen. I know it was exactly that (the VO and story elements) which turned some people off but I loved it and was overall a big fan of the final product even if I still prefer the original.

This was a super high point for me. Was at the panel where we did the sing along and then I rushed to the exhibit floor bee lined to the capcom booth and was one of the first people to play it.

Also got the picture in front of the NES box with the Cane, Hat and Money bag.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Sony needs to take a cue from Microsoft and start granting permanent licenses to PS+ games, especially now that they've cut it down to two a month.
Microsoft doesn't do that anymore. That's still how it works for 360 games but they changed it years ago so any Xbox One games given with GwG are now unplayable unless you're subbed to Gold just like with PS+.

Oct 26, 2017
It seems to be on sale thankfully on possibly all systems? Don't know when it expires though. Hopefully right when it's delisted.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
PC users-
In case the game crashes on you during certain scenes, try playing it with Intel HD if your rig allows for that.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've worked on bunch that I won't get into but this was the best for me for some reasons that are unique to this title. This was the best mostly because the team LOVED working on this title and the fans were so fun to talk to about it. Working with the VO cast made it special in ways that other projects haven't for obvious reasons. The comments above about PAX was a reason too. Doing an announce at a consumer event was really fun. Ducktales just made people happy and it was felt throughout development.
Let me just say, yeah, the game put a huge smile on my face, and it's a game my wife and I think our Ducktales-loving daughter is gonna enjoy when she's older.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Thought of getting it for a hot second but I think it'll just end up in the backlog like everything else :')

Boohoo. Care to lend me your copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga?
At least it'll be directly available in your backlog ;P

Ah the many games that got delisted that I skipped over because I wasn't interested in them at the time but now I have an interest in....

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Was about to grab this on steam before I saw that the ending crashes regardless of "fixes"

How's the framerate and resolution of the xbox version?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Was about to grab this on steam before I saw that the ending crashes regardless of "fixes"

How's the framerate and resolution of the xbox version?
I managed to beat it without any crashes as I mainly played it using my Intel HD card.
I have a laptop so it allows me to choose between my nvidia and intel gfx card.
dgvoodoo MIGHT be a possible solution, though that is ebcause the way my brain interpts how it works is that it tricks the game into thinking the player is using an older gfx card :V

Agh, don't tempt me! 😭
It's sub $4, and is as cheap as it'd get.
Plus it has a wonderful rendition of the moon theme

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
A digital-only game that gets delisted is gone forever. So much for videogames preservation.
you're overlooking the fact that a great many of these digital only games would not exist at all outside of this "digital future."

the "digital future" everybody keeps complaining about in these delisting threads allows for games to be sold without having to deal with the costs associated with getting a physical disc release out to the world

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

s-l1600.jpg

A friend of the owner of a local retro shop bought cases of these for super cheap. When he saw the digital codes didn't work anymore he gave a case to the retro shop. The retro shop has been giving copies away for free to us regulars and I got one. I like the pin.

kdzYvqFl.jpg

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can still buy it, try eBay :)

A digital-only game that gets delisted is gone forever. So much for videogames preservation.

There's physical copies of this game. These lazy drive-by "all digital future sure is awesome!" takes are so terrible. Do people who make these posts even give a shit about the particular game in question or is it just important to make sure you land that hot take about digital games?