• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I have it on PS+ but wondering if I should buy it on Steam. What resolution and framerate does this run on PS3?

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
A friend of the owner of a local retro shop bought cases of these for super cheap. When he saw the digital codes didn't work anymore he gave a case to the retro shop. The retro shop has been giving copies away for free to us regulars and I got one. I like the pin.

kdzYvqFl.jpg

And now you can track down a cheap disc-only copy of the game and plop it in there.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
At least they told us, and it's on sale.

I loved it on PS3, but bought again on Steam.

Necron

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I think we can scratch preservation (despite technically possible) off the list on the advantages of all-digital.

It just gets worse when you think of an all-streaming future.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
remember guys and be honest with yourselves. If you don't have it by now, you probably didn't want it in the first place.

Don't buy it now just because it's being delisted.
Let me be honest with you: you have no idea about what I want or don't want. I pick up old games that are new to me all the time. This smacks of digital delisting apologist speak.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to beat it without any crashes as I mainly played it using my Intel HD card.
I have a laptop so it allows me to choose between my nvidia and intel gfx card.
dgvoodoo MIGHT be a possible solution, though that is ebcause the way my brain interpts how it works is that it tricks the game into thinking the player is using an older gfx card :V
ah well, decided to go with xbox just to play it safe.

Albatross

Nov 11, 2017
you're overlooking the fact that a great many of these digital only games would not exist at all outside of this "digital future."

the "digital future" everybody keeps complaining about in these delisting threads allows for games to be sold without having to deal with the costs associated with getting a physical disc release out to the world
Never said anything bad about digital. Never. And I agree with you point. But you didn't read my post.

What I am talking about is the ALL-digital future. You know, all the people here who cheer about the decline of physical copies and can't stop posting about how the future should be 100% digital.
Which is bullshit, and every time a game gets delisted it should become more and more apparent.

There's physical copies of this game.
That's my point, thank you.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This was a really fun game. I got the achievements in both the digital and physical versions on Xbox since I'm a gamerscore addict like that.

Sad to see it go.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Nope, last gen only.

Physical copies are available on PS3, 360, and Wii U, with the 360 version playable on Xbox One via BC

Checking the game on the PS Store, it seems that I own the game already. And I just checked and it was given as Plus game on 2015 lol Shame my PS3 is dead

You might possibly be thinking of the Disney Afternoon Collection, which is on PS4 and has a straight port of the original NES version.

Yeah, I think I got confused there.

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
you're overlooking the fact that a great many of these digital only games would not exist at all outside of this "digital future."

the "digital future" everybody keeps complaining about in these delisting threads allows for games to be sold without having to deal with the costs associated with getting a physical disc release out to the world

Don't bring logic into this thread. So many indie games would never exist if not for digital. And somehow my digital copy won't just go poof.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I am talking about is the ALL-digital future. You know, all the people here who cheer about the decline of physical copies and can't stop posting about how the future should be 100% digital.
Which is bullshit, and every time a game gets delisted it should become more and more apparent.

I really feel like most of those people are just basically reciting memes at that point and not doing legitimate advocacy. Even if you're someone like me who largely prefers digital to physical, I don't really see any reason to wish away the very existence of physical games and in fact will happily buy physical if I can't find a competitive price on the digital version.

Vorpal

Nov 4, 2017
Ugghhh...I bought physical copies of this for two of my friends. For me though, digital was good enough. Ooops.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Bought a sealed copy of the game for $15. Will probably store it away in case it becomes valuable someday.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
fair i guess

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
You can still buy it, try eBay :)

A digital-only game that gets delisted is gone forever. So much for videogames preservation.

You can still buy a Ducktales copy on NES. But if I missed this thread I would rather to buy a key on GMG or something.

And it's impossible to preserve games buying a physical copy, it would only be available to you. Emulation is the best thing to preservation.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Never said anything bad about digital. Never. And I agree with you point. But you didn't read my post.

I would like to smack all 3 of those people across their faces for being silly.

But, seriously, who is saying this? I have never seen anyone say things should only be digital full stop. That's asinine. It's one thing to expect it, eventually or just usher it in, but digital only with no chance for a physical is dumb and anyone who advocates for it is too.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
Got a copy. Thanks for the heads up. I wanted to play it since release but never go around to it.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bought it on Steam, even though I already have it on my 360. But I don't plan on hooking up my 360 again and I won't buy a One.

I've worked on bunch that I won't get into but this was the best for me for some reasons that are unique to this title. This was the best mostly because the team LOVED working on this title and the fans were so fun to talk to about it. Working with the VO cast made it special in ways that other projects haven't for obvious reasons. The comments above about PAX was a reason too. Doing an announce at a consumer event was really fun. Ducktales just made people happy and it was felt throughout development.
Hah that's good to read. I love the original and the remake was super fun.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Digital sucks! >:|

So glad I own this like 3 times over, Wii U digital, Wii U physical and Xbox 360/Xbox One BC digital. I actually really liked the game, not as good as the original (which is one of my most fav games ever) but it's nice to have something a little different while still being sorta the same game. I played it originally on Wii U but got the Xbox one later just to get the Achievements lol - got all 100% of them! :D

Tempted to get it on Steam too just so I have the more 'reliable' future PC BC option compared to the console versions.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Remembered I only have retail version with the case, a download code, and a pin. Wish I'd known there was an actual disc release.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
It seems to be on sale thankfully on possibly all systems? Don't know when it expires though. Hopefully right when it's delisted.
Digitally In North America it's-
$3.74 on Wii U, Xbox 360 (backward compatible on the Xbox One) & Steam.
$14.99 on PS3
$14.99 on PC via Gamestop download code

Physical copies on Amazon are (as of this post going up)-
$12.88 (price is fluctuating up and down, going up to $19.39) PS3
$24.30 Wii U
$34.91 Xbox 360

$10-15 used on Gamestop.

Last edited:

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I've got it on my PS3 and my Wii U (bought twice since my son loved it and basically stole my PS3).

Also just bought it on Steam because at $4, why the fuck not.

This was one of my favorite games last gen.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Reading through the Steam reviews, it seems that the freezing issue was contained to Windows 7. People were reporting that with Windows 10 and Nvidia cards, they were able to complete the game with no issues. No idea if this is accurate since I don't own the game on PC but figured I'd throw this out there. Perhaps if anyone has played this on a Windows 10 machine they can confirm.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will get the game on Steam, but we really couldn't mention this much earlier? Still angry they never released the WiiU version physically in Europe.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I loved the original on NES, and was hyped for the release of this. When it finally did, I think it was digital only at the time (or at least on Wii U), so I bought it digitally on Wii U and really enjoyed it. With this news, I went ahead and grabbed a physical version for PS3. Just one of the reasons I still tend to buy physical.

PlainOldJosh

Nov 4, 2017
Physical copies on Amazon are (as of this post going up)-
$12.88 PS3
$24.30 Wii U
$34.91 Xbox 360

The PS3 physical copy on Amazon just jumped from $12.88 to $18.20. Then just as I was ready to post this, it jumped again to $19.39.

Edit: Just dropped to $13.97. Not sure what's going on with the price changes happening every few minutes.

Last edited:

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Thanks for the heads up, I bought the digital Xbox version.
I've always been meaning to pick this up but kept putting it off, figuring it would always be around (though I assume they'll find a way to bring it back in a few years).