• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wombleac

Nov 8, 2017
Looking at some replies here, I feel like this is worth pointing out: if you bought the game digitally in the past, you'll still be able to download it after August 8.
So the game is not gone for good, you just won't be able to purchase it anymore.

What if you got it through PS+ back a few years ago and your subscription is still active after the D-list date and then you let your PS+ lapse for a month and then re-subscribe, will you still be able to download it again if you deleted it prior to D-List date?

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Why does Sony not allow games you have in PS Plus to be bought so I can actually own it? Such a silly thing I wish they would fix. Anyway bought on my Xbox so I guess at least I can play on the One.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
What if you got it through PS+ back a few years ago and your subscription is still active after the D-list date and then you let your PS+ lapse for a month and then re-subscribe, will you still be able to download it again if you deleted it prior to D-List date?

Hmmm, that's a good question.
I would assume so, since I don't think a lapse in PS+ affects anything. When you want to download a game you previously purchased with PS+, you should always be able to access it as long as you have PS+. Whether the subscription was deactivated temporarily at any time is not relevant.

unapersson

Oct 27, 2017
Do does the XBox One disc backward compatibility thing continue working after titles are delisted? As it seems that should be a way to always obtain new digital copies (even if they are tied to the disk).

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
Just heard about this game. I was about to buy it because it was only 3 dollars and it was about to be delisted. Then I thought "What the fuck am I doing?" and removed it from my cart. I don't even like what I'm seeing on the preview.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Might have to hit the mom and pop shop near my job tomorrow and see if any version of this is there.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, you will get the game back. You have Ducktales on your account permanently on "Plus status" where you can play and download it if you have Plus.

smuf

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda prefer the old game to this version though the orginal cartoon actors returning was nice (especially the guy who did Scrooge who was already in his 90s at the time).

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Is this game any fun?

Gameplay wise it's good. Sprites are incredible. However, the 3D backgrounds do not gel well with them at all. There is also a lot of story scenes, and while it's cool they got the original cast back for them, they really mess up the game flow as there's so many of them. I *think* they added an option to skip them later.

TBH unless you're buying it to own what I guess will become a rare game, I'd just go with playing the original, which is available as part of "The Disney Afternoon Collection" (though as with seemingly most games emulated by Digital Eclipse, this collection had bugs, dunno if they were ever patched out.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Just heard about this game. I was about to buy it because it was only 3 dollars and it was about to be delisted. Then I thought "What the fuck am I doing?" and removed it from my cart. I don't even like what I'm seeing on the preview.

Yeah, don't fall for the talk like I did a while back. I was led to believe it was some amazing platformer I'd missed in the NES day's....yeah right.

Only worth buying if you want to have a game that's no longer available in your collection.

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
Bought both the Steam and Xbox versions. Just in case one of them is horribly borked somehow.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
remember guys and be honest with yourselves. If you don't have it by now, you probably didn't want it in the first place.

Don't buy it now just because it's being delisted.

While this may be true in some cases, this might be the last time you can get it cheap in case you change your mind in the future, so it's worth considering even if you only have a tiny interest in it.

Last edited:

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
At least it's on sale on steam. Probably the best place to get it since I mean, it's PC and it'll run on anything for some time to come.

Unfortunately it's not on Gog or anywhere DRM free that I can see.

What's funny is that it's on sale but the sale says it ends August 10th. Whoops somebody.

remember guys and be honest with yourselves. If you don't have it by now, you probably didn't want it in the first place.

That isn't true at all. I just can't afford to buy every game I want to get at some point at release without any kind of sale. Nor do I know about every game all the time. I have to prioritize what I think me, personally, would like to play right now. But if something i am interested in is getting delisted, then it gets bumped up. This...isn't that crazy.

I'm tired of seeing this nonsense. People can't go back and discover old games apparently.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Bought the Steam version. Only $3 and change for a retiring remastered version of a Nintendo classic I played for countless hours as a kid? You betcha. Sorry I waited this long to buy it TBH

I remember missing out on some Ninja Turtles games that were retired and pulled and I never bough them. Determined not to make that mistake again if it's a property I'm interested in.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
So there's absolutely nowhere to get this DRM free right?
It appears the Steam release is a DRM free title.

I saw it on some list of steam DRM free games, so I installed it, moved it out of the steam install folder to another drive, closed steam completely and it launched up fine when I double clicked the exe file in the folder where I moved it.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017

That's not true. There's plenty of games I want, that aren't at the top of my want list. But if they're going to be delisted, I'd buy them immediately.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

I...

I did not know that some games on steam did not have DRM

this has changed a lot of things for me

oh my goodness

I do not know how I did not come across this information sooner

Apparently there is a list, idk how complete, of which games are thus

alright then

thank you everyone

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
It's time for them to release "DuckTales: ReDUCKed!", a remake of Remastered in the visual style of the new cartoon with all new cast of VAs replacing the old VAs!

What if there were no VAs? That game had as much talking as it did gameplay. It couldn't go 10 seconds without stopping to interject some unnecessary prelude to you finding the next treasure chest or whatever the fuck.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I've worked on bunch that I won't get into but this was the best for me for some reasons that are unique to this title. This was the best mostly because the team LOVED working on this title and the fans were so fun to talk to about it. Working with the VO cast made it special in ways that other projects haven't for obvious reasons. The comments above about PAX was a reason too. Doing an announce at a consumer event was really fun. Ducktales just made people happy and it was felt throughout development.

I had a wonderful time with the game's director, Austin Ivansmith, tons of years ago when you guys were working on the title. He came to a conference in Spain and we showed him a game we were working at the time and I created the world of it and he absolutely loved the concept (it was basically cuphead before cuphead, so classic black and white animation themed, but and adventure game isntead of a shoot and run). He was so cool he started showing us WIP animation of ducktales and how proud he was of the game the team was working on.
Sadly our game went south because problem with the team and a indiegogo not working out (and the sad thing is that I was talking with Chad Moldenhauer by skype just as they showed cuphead for the first time to see if we could help each other, btw another absolute fantastic chap, just a week before the team imploded itself).

Im so happy to see that the whole team was as happy working on it as Austin was (now you tell me you are actually Austin, if so, hi, hope you remember me from the spanish trip! hahaha)

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Physical wins again.

But it's crazy that this keeps happening. Releasing a licensed property game as digital only is basically a death sentence. At least this one has a physical release.

The voice work in this is really great too.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I bought it to play on XB1. Already own on PS3, but it was a great game and for the price it'll be nice to be able to play on X whenever I want.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do does the XBox One disc backward compatibility thing continue working after titles are delisted? As it seems that should be a way to always obtain new digital copies (even if they are tied to the disk).
Yes, because the disc is essentially a key that allows you access to download the emulated version and play it.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
My eBay seller hasn't shipped the game even though I bought 18 hours ago. Hopefully he doesn't pull some fuckery and cancel the sale because he thinks its suddenly more valuable now.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Physical wins again.

But it's crazy that this keeps happening. Releasing a licensed property game as digital only is basically a death sentence. At least this one has a physical release.

The voice work in this is really great too.

It's not crazy that this keeps happening. Physical games also go out of production. You can't phone up Capcom and ask them to ship you a brand new copy of the game once it goes out of print and the license has expired to manufacture more copies. You CAN however buy a used copy off of somebody else who no longer wants the game.

A solution -- not necessarily an easy one but one that I'd like to see more effort on going forward -- to this problem with digital is that there should be some option to transfer individual licenses. I'm sure some "physical or nothing" people would not be satisfied still, but for many the tragedy of the Scott Pilgrim situation (for instance) could be mitigated if I could simply go online and find a seller that was willing to sell me their digital copy of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.