• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Heads up, everyone; DuckTales: Remastered is leaving digital storefronts in a duck-blur, and will no longer be available for purchase beginning August 8th, 2019. If you've already purchased it in the past or if you buy it before the dates and times below, you'll still be able to access and play the game.

The game will be digitally available on the following platforms until:

• Wii U – August 9, 4:59 PM PDT
  • PlayStation 3 – August 9, 8AM PDT
  • Xbox 360, Xbox One (via Backwards Compatibility) – August 8, 5 PM PDT
  • Steam (PC) – 4:59 PM PDT

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Yep, should've bought that retail release that I saw for years and years, which is now likely hard to find.

This is another one of those situations where I bought the game digitally and like a month later they announced a disc release.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
This is one of those delistings that I actually care about. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If this was on Switch I would actually bite.

What kind of heads up is this? Christ.

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
This is another one of those situations where I bought the game digitally and like a month later they announced a disc release.
Tell me about it. Every Switch game I buy these days either gets a physical release or given away on Gamepass/Humble Monthly within days of purchase. I'm really trying to hold off but it's hard to miss out on the indie buzz.

weepninnybong

Dec 5, 2017
That's too bad. I worked on that game and easily had the best overall experience on that title compared to the other projects I've been on.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
remember guys and be honest with yourselves. If you don't have it by now, you probably didn't want it in the first place.

Don't buy it now just because it's being delisted.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This game never got released on the ps4/one? (excluding BC)

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
75% off on Steam atm, any problems with that version?
IIRC there was a bug in it that made it not possible to complete?

Edit: fight with the last boss may freeze during a cutscene either before or after it. But eff it, I bought it since I have the PS3 version and have been trying to move as much stuff from that to PC as possible.

Last edited:

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Fuck it, just bought the cheapest sealed Wii U copy I found on eBay.

Edit: Might be time to do one last pass-over my Wii U list anyway and start plugging in the last few holes.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Looking forward to the re-remaster based on the new show.

That was a joke but I would legitimately like that.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Literally a day before they pull it out stores they tell us???

Is the Xbox version on sale?

ignata

Dec 26, 2017
Denver
One of the few PAX I went to was when this debuted and it may be the best memory I have of any PAX as I'm a huge Scrooge/DuckTales fan. I believe this is Alan Young's last performance as Scrooge, amongst other notable voice over moments that this game allowed to happen. I know it was exactly that (the VO and story elements) which turned some people off but I loved it and was overall a big fan of the final product even if I still prefer the original.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Glad I got the physical version, when I could. Among others, this game represents the last bit of Ducktales media we have of the original crew reprising their roles from the classic toon. Especially June Foray, Alan Young and Russi Taylor. That's special enough in itself.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
One of the few PAX I went to was when this debuted and it may be the best memory I have of any PAX as I'm a huge Scrooge/DuckTales fan. I believe this is Alan Young's last performance as Scrooge, amongst other notable voice over moments that this game allowed to happen. I know it was exactly that (the VO and story elements) which turned some people off but I loved it and was overall a big fan of the final product even if I still prefer the original.

Definitely last Ducktales performance. He appeared in one of the new Mickey Mouse shorts as Scrooge more recently.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
On sale on Xbox for $3.74...at least they gave it a sale before it disappearing

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
remember guys and be honest with yourselves. If you don't have it by now, you probably didn't want it in the first place.

Don't buy it now just because it's being delisted.

Been on my list for years but there's always been other games that were ahead of it. It was in my cart the last steam sale, I just got the date wrong on when the sale ended.

Guess I'll grab this when I go home.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
IIRC there was a bug in it that made it not possible to complete?
I had no problems with it back in 2013, but it looks like some people have experienced a freezing issue in the years since.
Just had a look at that, seems that they patched that freeze a long time ago but Nvidia updates since have caused it to rear its head again, disabling multi-core support and skipping 1 cinematic at the final boss is the solution. Eh, at £2.99 I'll give it a gamble, sounds like it is otherwise a fine port.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
DISNEY WHY ARE YOU SO DUMB!!!

Ducktales comes back to TV in september, it's the PERFECT time to sell this game.

GOD!

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Luckily this game has physical copies so it will still be available. My local Walmart has a ton of copies left, maybe I should grab them.

weepninnybong

Dec 5, 2017
What did you work on? Maybe it's gonna be rereleased in a new compilation.

I've worked on bunch that I won't get into but this was the best for me for some reasons that are unique to this title. This was the best mostly because the team LOVED working on this title and the fans were so fun to talk to about it. Working with the VO cast made it special in ways that other projects haven't for obvious reasons. The comments above about PAX was a reason too. Doing an announce at a consumer event was really fun. Ducktales just made people happy and it was felt throughout development.