• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wow this has been on my Steam wish list forever. Thanks for the heads up. I promise to play it too.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
I got this game years ago on Steam but never played it...

That Mickey Mouse remake also got delisted but Sega bothered to undo that.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Told all the friends on Steam I could last night to go buy this. I really enjoyed the game when I played it on release. I should reinstall and replay it.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
It's not crazy that this keeps happening. Physical games also go out of production. You can't phone up Capcom and ask them to ship you a brand new copy of the game once it goes out of print and the license has expired to manufacture more copies. You CAN however buy a used copy off of somebody else who no longer wants the game.

It's not just used copies. All the copies manufactured and sent to retail will still keep in circulation, unless they're specifically recalled. That's how you sometimes get batches of shrinkwrapped, brand new condition copies of games that have gone out of print ages ago.

And yes actually, sometimes even the manufacturer or pub will keep some copies around and can still sell them to you, because they're not tied down by digital licensing agreements when it comes to physical copies.

weepninnybong

Dec 5, 2017
I had a wonderful time with the game's director, Austin Ivansmith, tons of years ago when you guys were working on the title. He came to a conference in Spain and we showed him a game we were working at the time and I created the world of it and he absolutely loved the concept (it was basically cuphead before cuphead, so classic black and white animation themed, but and adventure game isntead of a shoot and run). He was so cool he started showing us WIP animation of ducktales and how proud he was of the game the team was working on.
Sadly our game went south because problem with the team and a indiegogo not working out (and the sad thing is that I was talking with Chad Moldenhauer by skype just as they showed cuphead for the first time to see if we could help each other, btw another absolute fantastic chap, just a week before the team imploded itself).

Im so happy to see that the whole team was as happy working on it as Austin was (now you tell me you are actually Austin, if so, hi, hope you remember me from the spanish trip! hahaha)

No I'm not Austin, but he was great to work with.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Just checked Amazon and a new copy is now up to anywhere between $50-70. Glad that I got one as soon as the news came out.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
This is as intended. It's being delisted on August 9th at 5:00pm Pacific Time as noted in our blog post. That means it will be August 10th in some countries and time zones.

Oh huh, I see.

EDIT: uh, but it says August 8th in the tweet and blogpost?

Might want to clarify that with your team because that's two different dates.

Also, quick question. First, I absolutely appreciate that you guys gave us a warning, especially with the sale. It always sucks when there is no warning whatsoever. Just curious is there is any reason why this new comes some close to the delisting date, whichever it is? Nearly caused me to miss the news, if I hadn't happened to check twitter.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Oh huh, I see.

Also, quick question. First, I absolutely appreciate that you guys gave us a warning, especially with the sale. It always sucks when there is no warning whatsoever. Just curious is there is any reason why this new comes some close to the delisting date, whichever it is? Nearly caused me to miss the news, if I hadn't happened to check twitter.

Does the Tweet mean it's being completely delisted like unavailable to even redownload it like PT on the PS4? I'm upgrading my PC soon so I wasn't planning on downloading it yet.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the Tweet mean it's being completely delisted like unavailable to even redownload it like PT on the PS4? I'm upgrading my PC soon so I wasn't planning on downloading it yet.
I'm reading it as it's not avilable to buy after august 9th. I don't see any reason to believe it can't be downloaded.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

It's just a delisting. Apparently they did confirm you can redownload it though.

Typically that's the case, but yeah.

It is definitely frightening that that used to be a given but recently it seems to not be working correctly such as with DOOM or some Telltale games. It's a worrying trend. I mean at very least people ought to be able to redownload what they own, especially with infrastructures like steam and xbl. There should be no excuse.

So yeah, I have noticed that worrying trend, but this one sounds safe.

It is a tiny game however, so it definitely couldn't hurt to be safe.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really enjoyed this one. Was hoping they'd continue this by either making a new sequel or giving DT2 the same treatment in the same style, but alas.

Checked to see if I owned it on any of the consoles. I did, redownloaded the WiiU version but didn't have enough space for the update, lol. Well I'll figure that out once they shut down that part of the eshop and I have to make backups of everything.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Bought it. I believe this was one of the games that inspired the shoval Knight team. I should have picked this up earlier as SK is an all timer.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Oh huh, I see.

Hi there - yes, the Twitter has only so much space so it's elaborated further in the linked blog post. The intent of the "starting August 8th" was to point out that certain platform/stores, such is the case here with Xbox Store will remove DT:R from their store on August 8th at around 5pm pacific. Either way, if anyone's still interested in the game I recommend not waiting until the last minute :) As for the reason for delisting; sorry, I can't get into that.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
The game sold well, over 1m units. Way better than the Afternoon Collection.

Capcom should reup the license, port it to current consoles and remake the sequel too.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
I bought the physical version for PS3, it was a pin and a game code in the case. I have the Disney Afternoon Collection on PS4 and Steam and picked up Ducktales remastered on Steam for like 3.50 for the same of making sure I have it because I am a Ducktales and Disney nerd

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Bought and replayed this on PS3 in honor of it going away (for now?). Hopefully Capcom can get the license back for modern and future consoles.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
one of those games i wanted to play but no matter how cheap it was like "but are you really going to play this?"

eh well $4, okay whatever. RIP in pepperonis to its digital existence, may you ever thrive in valhallah or whatever

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, kind of surprising that they didn't remaster the second game given those sales figures.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
So was this remaster any good? I remember not buying it for a reason but can't remember the reason. :c

trappedinsap

Jul 26, 2019
After futzing around with the PS3's online status for awhile, I finally got it downloaded. I definitely want to play it again.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
good thing i bought the disney afternoon bundle the other day.

edit: oh wait it has the regular ducktales.
edit 2: i think i bought it for the 360 some years back.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Hi there - yes, the Twitter has only so much space so it's elaborated further in the linked blog post. The intent of the "starting August 8th" was to point out that certain platform/stores, such is the case here with Xbox Store will remove DT:R from their store on August 8th at around 5pm pacific. Either way, if anyone's still interested in the game I recommend not waiting until the last minute :) As for the reason for delisting; sorry, I can't get into that.

Oh I understand explaining the delisting reason is probably difficult for you for any number of reasons. That's understandable. I was asking if there was a reason the warning was so last minute. That said, if this was the best you were allowed to do, I do sincerely appreciate that. It's frustrating to me when companies like Warner Brothers will just drop a game with no information at all. The more warning (such as Microsoft and Sony have done with things like Forza and Driveclub) the better.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Props to Capcom for letting us know AND for putting it on sale before it disappears (for good?)

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
Just bought it on steam. Purchased and forgotten. I'll play it on a raining day. Kinda sucks about the last boss bug. Any fixes?