• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
My seller has 100% feedback, across almost 3000 reviews so I was hoping for the best, but it's been over 48 hours since purchase and I haven't even gotten a courtesy "Oh hey, sorry it took me so long to ship..." message like I generally do for my buyers if I somehow make it past the 24 hour mark.

Maybe he shipped it and forgot to mark it as shipped or include a tracking number? Doubtful, I guess, but we'll see.
Yeah, that's kinda disheartening for sure.

Here are mine. $60 total from Amazon.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Once again, another Playstation Plus fuckup.

If you have it with Playstation Plus, you can't buy it outright. So once PS+ expires, the game won't function anymore. Thanks, Sony.
Hahahahahaha! *pause* 😭

I'm finally proven right why Sony are fucking stupid for not letting you buy the rentals out right 100%. ("But why buy something that is free?" asks the summer child)

I never even thought about the digital delisting so they will screw up everyone who got it through plus. Nice one.

I stopped getting the free rentals because I'd rather buy them for cheap on a sale even if there is a slim interest in said games. Screw that option being taken away from me.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Neat. I only have use for a Wii U copy so that's what I wanted, and when I bought the eBay copy on Tuesday the Wii U version was already going for (IIRC) $40ish on Amazon, more than I was willing to pay.
Yeah, I wasn't going for more than this. I could find them later, opened, etc., but still. Just got lucky I guess.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
The original looks better, sounds better, plays better.

That's not to say the remaster is bad, it's just a bit blah.

And if you never get the chance to play it you're not missing much really.

That is what I heard back when this game was sitting on shelves everywhere and why I passed on it. Trying not to let fomo make me go and chaise copies of it down now.

My seller has 100% feedback, across almost 3000 reviews so I was hoping for the best, but it's been over 48 hours since purchase and I haven't even gotten a courtesy "Oh hey, sorry it took me so long to ship..." message like I generally do for my buyers if I somehow make it past the 24 hour mark.

Maybe he shipped it and forgot to mark it as shipped or include a tracking number? Doubtful, I guess, but we'll see.

I'd say don't worry too much about it. I don't think I've ever gotten a courtesy "sorry it took so long to ship" and reguarly have people wait several days or even up to a week to post info. On the other hand I have had 2 sellers cancel an order that I lucked out on the price of when they knew they could get a lot more. But that was literally canceling the order, not waiting a week without shipping and hopping I would forget.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'd say don't worry too much about it. I don't think I've ever gotten a courtesy "sorry it took so long to ship" and reguarly have people wait several days or even up to a week to post info. On the other hand I have had 2 sellers cancel an order that I lucked out on the price of when they knew they could get a lot more. But that was literally canceling the order, not waiting a week without shipping and hopping I would forget.

I dunno, maybe I'm just projecting my own eBay tendencies onto others but I always make sure I get my stuff shipped out within 24 hours of purchase and feel super guilty if it ever crosses that line.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
If I didn't already have the game physically on Wii U from back at launch, I'd definitely get the game. I really enjoyed it!

Viale

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
I've been interested in getting to the game eventually . Kind of sad that it took it getting delisted for me to finally pull the trigger though.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an idiot, I'm kicking myself for not mailing my Wii U Copy to Alan Young's PR manager, to have him sign it for me before he passed away. =(

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Randomly walked into my local Wal-Mart and they had a physical PS3 edition sitting on the shelf for like 12.99. insta copped.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
It was free on PS+ on PS3 and I have it there but I grabbed a physical Wii U copy for $8 from GameStop.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I wish someone made a list of all licensed games that will be delisted in the future. Would be good to buy the games now instead waiting the last minute.

We need a thread for this. Anyone wanna ge a hero? 😉
Anything from Activision. Late last year, they pulled ALL their Transformer games. If Activision still has a licensed game up anywhere, GRAB IT.

Additionally, frequently expiring licenses includes Marvel/Disney, also Ghostbusters titles and ANYTHING WITH TETRIS.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
It'll come back at some point. This is raking in huge money right now because of the fear. Just like Alan Wake!
It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Hell, a lot of people are unaware of the fact that the Castle of Illusion remake from Sega has actually been re-listed (after originally being pulled) on it's relevant platforms (360/PS3/PC) for the last two years.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I wish someone made a list of all licensed games that will be delisted in the future. Would be good to buy the games now instead waiting the last minute.

We need a thread for this. Anyone wanna ge a hero? 😉
I could've sworn there was one, but maybe I'm just thinking of threads that get made for specific games... Unfortunate that while some companies will give us a heads up warning far in advance, it seems like some just drop off quickly.
Anything from Activision. Late last year, they pulled ALL their Transformer games. If Activision still has a licensed game up anywhere, GRAB IT.
Yeah, I think I remember hearing about them getting out of the "licensed game bitness" or something like that.

Which reminds me: I wonder if Forza 6 is going to be delisted soon. It's up for Games with Gold this month, and the last three Forza games to be given away with Games with Gold were all delisted the month after their GwG month (Forza Motorsport 5, Forza Horizon and Forza Horizon 2).

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
I could've sworn there was one, but maybe I'm just thinking of threads that get made for specific games... Unfortunate that while some companies will give us a heads up warning far in advance, it seems like some just drop off quickly.

Yeah, I think I remember hearing about them getting out of the "licensed game bitness" or something like that.

Which reminds me: I wonder if Forza 6 is going to be delisted soon. It's up for Games with Gold this month, and the last three Forza games to be given away with Games with Gold were all delisted the month after their GwG month (Forza Motorsport 5, Forza Horizon and Forza Horizon 2).
As someone who on the other place constantly made threads about delisted games, yes they dropped off very quickly. It's sad, but most people just don't care.

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Hell, a lot of people are unaware of the fact that the Castle of Illusion remake from Sega has actually been re-listed (after originally being pulled) on it's relevant platforms (360/PS3/PC) for the last two years.

They don't care though. It's just an attach on digital so they don't want to hear about it coming back.

Santerestil

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I was never interested in this game, but I caved and buyed it digitally twice (WiiU and Steam).

That's the last time you peer pressure me, Era. Until the next one!

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Will Capcom Renew License again in the future?

Why game that I want to get a discount/to delist when I spend almost all my money (For Personal Buying each month)

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Will Capcom Renew License again in the future?

Why game that I want to get a discount/to delist when I spend almost all my money (For Personal Buying each month)

You could try to find it on a steam key resale site. That's how I get any delisted games I want. Got a couple telltale ones after they went down.

To answer your question, I feel like there is a decent chance Disney relicenses this game. They've been very good about bringing their catalogue games in their own library like Disney interactive stuff and Lucasarts onto digital marketplaces. If you want the original version of this game, the Disney afternoon collection is still available.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Disney would relicense for sure, I think it's more about if Capcom wants to bother. Disney Afternoon Collection and MVCI both bombed and might've soured them on doing more for now.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Disney would relicense for sure, I think it's more about if Capcom wants to bother. Disney Afternoon Collection and MVCI both bombed and might've soured them on doing more for now.
Capcom just relicensed with Disney for the X-Men/Marvel Heroes/Punisher 1up Cab. And probably Aliens Vs Predator on that Capcom joystick thing. I imagine their legal departments pick up one another's calls.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom just relicensed with Disney for the X-Men/Marvel Heroes/Punisher 1up Cab. And probably Aliens Vs Predator on that Capcom joystick thing. I imagine their legal departments pick up one another's calls.
Capcom didn't relicense for either of those, the manufacturers did.

No Afternoon Collection on the Switch was quite stupid and maybe the problem even.
No Nintendo version was definitely a mistake. Even 3DS would've helped in 2017.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, I don't think I'm comprehending right. Could you elaborate?
Sure, Capcom's not actually developing, producing or manufacturing either of those units. They're also just licensing their content (being the games themselves) in that situation, same as Disney/Marvel in a sense. It's not Capcom products, they're Arcade 1up and Koch Media's products respectively. Capcom did do some PR for the microconsole though.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
I bought it on sale on Steam and I gotta say I kind of wish I had played it six years ago. It's a fun remake that is faithful to the original.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Sure, Capcom's not actually developing, producing or manufacturing either of those units. They're also just licensing their content (being the games themselves) in that situation, same as Disney/Marvel in a sense. It's not Capcom products, they're Arcade 1up and Koch Media's products respectively. Capcom did do some PR for the microconsole though.

Oh, I see. So, essentially if DuckTales Remastered were to ever become available once again, Disney/Marvel as well as Capcom would probably need to be queried and organized by a third party like Arcade 1up or Koch Media for a new release? Which in all likelyhood would not publish on pc and/or console digital platforms, but instead create a dedicated cab or 'classic' television unit. Or, to state another example, a third party company who would act as a surrogate publisher, such as LimitedRun Games, Nicalis, EastasiaSoft, Special Reserve games, Strictly Limited Games, Fangamer, Iam8bit, or GameStop publishing, etc etc—would need to get involved with the process, where they would then reprint and publish the games—but only as limited production physical copies. They would not be able to restore the games to be sold on digital market places. Is that right?

So basically, there's only a chance for DuckTales Remastered to return to sale if there's a third party involved to liaison between Capcom and Disney. And, in that case, Capcom and Disney would need to them put forth the initiative to return DuckTales Remastered to digital storefronts themselves, without the support of a third party...Is that about right? Kind of like how Digital Eclipse had previously pitched and organized the rerelease of a portion of the Capcom and Disney's collaborations from the NES platform for the Disney Afternoon Collection?

If that's the case, I suppose there still is a small chance DuckTales Remastered could return considering DuckTales is an important property and brand for Disney to support as they prepare to launch their Disney+ subscription streaming platform.

Additionally, one could make the assumption that both Disney (and its subsidiaries Lucasfilm and Marvel) and Capcom understand there is some demand within the marketplace for their catalog titles; with the release of the Koch Media Capcom Arcade Stick and Arcade 1up dedicated cabinets, surely it must be on Disney and Capcom's radar of understanding that they can rerelease the titles on digital storefronts with minimal effort...certainly Disney has been doing that with its Disney Interactive and LucasArts titles. So, perhaps in the end, there is a chance licensing for DuckTales remastered may get renewed.

PlainOldJosh

Nov 4, 2017
giphy.gif

CGdgULs.png

Pretty crazy that people are spending over $100 on sealed Xbox 360 versions of this game. There's now only one sealed 360 copy of the game left on ebay, and it's asking price is $160. Sealed Wii U copies more than doubled in value as well.