• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Kinda makes sense considering how tight WB and Epic are. Like, a Batman comic book is genuinely the most important source of Fortnite lore to date, and it's looking like certain DC characters are important in the Fortnite lore

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
maybe if the last duel had put weird blonde affleck and mullet matt damon into fortnite it wouldn't have bombed so hard

the_last_duel_matt_damon_ben_affleck_look_reactions.jpeg

Last edited:

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
talking the fortnite money so they can make some from usa because eveeybody is going to watch it on hbo max, smart move

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine kids wanting to see the movie after this and being thoroughly confused.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Wait, when did The Last Duel get released?
The 15th here. People have been discussing it in this thread:
www.resetera.com

The Last Duel - Official Trailer (Ridley Scott) News - Entertainment

I have to wonder if someone was being sly naming it 'The Last Duel', when Scott's first film was 'The Duellists'. Of course, this won't be his last film thankfully. Not a big fan of the way the trailer is put together, but I'm super onboard with the story they're trying to tell, though I'm not...

Scarlett

Dec 5, 2020
Wish Hasbro could somehow make figures of these in their new Fortnite line.

Prefer these to what McFarlane worked at.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Fucking what? What kid cares about Dune?

This feels more out of touch than the 1984 Apple lawsuit "trailer".

Edit: Of course I'm not saying there aren't adults who play Fortnite, I'm not that dumb.

Last edited:

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Why are people acting like Fortnite hasn't used content from other mature/dark properties in the past?

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking what? What kid cares about Dune?

This feels more out of touch than the 1984 Apple lawsuit "trailer".
I think it's called... marketing ?

The whole point is to make these kids care about Dune, lol. And also to make adults care about it (Because yes, adults play Fortnite too).

Dune is not the first "mature/dark" property to be featured in Fortnite.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Firstly, Fortnite is not only for kids. I bet teenagers are Fortnite's biggest demographic.

Secondly, there isn't really anything in Dune (the movie, I haven't read the book) that absolutely isn't suitable for children.
Except the movie might be a little bit boring (or hard to follow) for kids.
Although, when I was in theatre, there was a guy with a ~8 year old kid, and the kid seemed to have interest in the movie for at least a half of its runtime (judging by the kid commenting/asking his dad questions).