DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
www.empireonline.com

Dune: Part Two

Timothée Chalamet and Zendaya return in Denis Villeneuve's adaptation of Frank Herbert's Dune. Read the Empire review.
www.ign.com

Dune: Part Two Review - IGN

Featuring absolutely staggering visuals, Dune: Part Two is an arresting, transportive middle entry in Denis Villeneuve’s tricky sci-fi saga.
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Dune: Part Two’ Review: Timothée Chalamet and Zendaya in Denis Villeneuve’s Gorgeous but Limited Sequel

The second film also features returning stars Rebecca Ferguson, Javier Bardem and Josh Brolin, as well as fresh faces Austin Butler and Florence Pugh.
variety.com

‘Dune: Part Two’ Review: Timothée Chalamet Grows Up — and So Do the Sandworms — in Denis Villeneuve’s Epic Follow-Up

'Dune 2,' Denis Villeneuve's multipart adaptation of the Frank Herbert novel, delivers astonishing visuals and a meaty, all-encompassing narrative.
deadline.com

‘Dune: Part Two’ Review: Denis Villeneuve’s Spectacular Sequel Goes Heavy On The Mythos

In 'Dune: Part Two,' Villeneuve leans right into the complicated mythos of the planet Arrakis and its surrounding worlds.
www.theguardian.com

Dune: Part Two review – second half of hallucinatory sci-fi epic is staggering spectacle

Denis Villeneuve’s monumental adaptation expands its extraordinary world of shimmering strangeness. It’s impossible to imagine anyone doing it better
www.standard.co.uk

Dune: Part Two - epic! Epic! Epic! This space opera can do no wrong

Denis Villeneuve is a director who knows how to please a crowd while also satisfying the cleverati
www.gamesradar.com

Dune: Part Two review – "A sequel that ranks alongside The Dark Knight and The Empire Strikes Back"

Dune 2 review: The spice is mighty in this richly satisfying sequel, a deep, dark war movie that fulfills and exceeds its contemplative predecessor’s promise
www.independent.co.uk

Dune: Part Two is like no other blockbuster in existence – review

Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya and a snarling Austin Butler add star power to a work of total sensory and imaginative immersion in the second part of Denis Villeneuve’s epic adaptation of Frank Herbert’s sci-fi classic
uk.movies.yahoo.com

Dune Part Two review: Timothée Chalamet shines in masterful sci-fi epic

Timothée Chalamet and Zendaya wow in this stunning sci-fi epic that proves Denis Villeneuve is one of the greatest filmmakers of his time.
www.telegraph.co.uk

Dune: Part Two, review – when was the last time a $190m blockbuster was this stately and sinister?

Denis Villeneuve's sequel to his 2021 sci-fi epic is a bold and visually astonishing piece of filmmaking
www.superherohype.com

Dune: Part Two Review - Personal Jesus

If you like the aesthetic of Dune so far, and you like cinematic spectacle, the movie should scratch that itch on a basic level.
www.gamespot.com

Dune: Part Two Review - A More Subversive Angle

Denis Villeneuve's Dune sequel is much weirder and more fun than the first one.
mashable.com

'Dune: Part Two' review: Denis Villeneuve's sci-fi masterpiece soars, then screams to a halt

Now on Max: Zendaya's Chani takes center stage in a grand epic that still hasn't stuck its landing.
www.dexerto.com

Dune: Part Two review – A reality you must experience - Dexerto

Dune: Part Two is a cinematic landmark that should hold the future of blockbuster filmmaking accountable - here's our review.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Dune: Part Two | Rotten Tomatoes

"Dune: Part Two" will explore the mythic journey of Paul Atreides as he unites with Chani and the Fremen while on a warpath of revenge against the conspirators who destroyed his family. Facing a choice between the love of his life and the fate of the known universe, he endeavors to prevent a...
www.metacritic.com

Dune: Part Two

Paul Atreides unites with Chani and the Fremen while on a warpath of revenge against the conspirators who destroyed his family. Facing a choice between the love of his life and the fate of the known universe, he endeavors to prevent a terrible future only he can foresee.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna read all of it, and hopefully not get myself spoiled. Although I've read the book.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
seems kinda split between brilliant and not brilliant

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Got fan screening tickets for IMAX this coming Sunday. I can't wait. I've been watching the first movie a bunch recently. It never seems to get old. Also, finally seeing it in 4K on an OLED is something special, so many fine details (like seeing the blue eyes of the spacing guild members through their helmets which doesn't come across in the streaming version due to compression and such).

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
The first one left me kinda cold despite loving the craft. I'm hoping this one fares better for me. I'm gonna rewatch Part 1 this week.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The first one left me kinda cold despite loving the craft. I'm hoping this one fares better for me. I'm gonna rewatch Part 1 this week.

I'll admit, after a rewatch the other day (along with looking up some recaps), I found myself a lot more engaged with the movie this time around. Now I'm actually excited for the sequel. Also will help that I'll be watching it in a theater this time...

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I'm gonna be standing in line for the theater to clear out for my showing and some asshole is gonna read something on his phone and spoil FF7 Rebirth

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forwarrd to this. I'm hoping for more wild and weird imagery, the only thing that really bugged me about the first movie was how dull the visuals looked in terms of color. I want to see that space opulence and other wild shit from in the books.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Said this in the other thread.

Funny how I felt so indifferent about the first one, am so hype about this one after my daughter made me re-watch it last week.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I can't believe we live in a world where Dune movies get good reviews. It's such a weird and subversive book.

www.indiewire.com

‘Dune: Part Two’ Review: Denis Villeneuve’s Sci-Fi Epic Is Staggering to Look at but Agonizing to Watch

More of a continuation than a sequel, this "Dune" carries over all of the best and worst things about the previous one.
I was hoping for better

I don't know that I'll ever agree with an Erlich review. I mean I haven't seen this one yet, but I certainly didn't agree with his Part 1 review.

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
www.indiewire.com

‘Dune: Part Two’ Review: Denis Villeneuve’s Sci-Fi Epic Is Staggering to Look at but Agonizing to Watch

More of a continuation than a sequel, this "Dune" carries over all of the best and worst things about the previous one.
I was hoping for better
david ehrlich does not mesh with denis' movies, him giving the film 2.5/5 is actually surprisingly better considering he gave the first a 2/5

he also gave Arrival a 3/5, BR2049 a 3/5, Prisoners a 3.5/5, he's very much less hot on Denis than most

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Going to see it in Dolby Cinema next Friday. I really wish there was a true IMAX near me but it closed during COVID.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Reviews seem divided on this being a fitting finale or a middle chapter to what feels like a trilogy

Mattmo831

Oct 26, 2020
80 metacritc (tanked by David's 50 rating review)

www.metacritic.com

Dune: Part Two critic reviews

Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So incredibly ready for the 1st to arrive. Booked the next one the day after and assume I'll be booking many more. AHHHHHH

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Booked tickets to see this on Friday (1st) and it's going to be my first time going outside in 3 months... will be weird to briefly see sunlight before scurrying away into a dark cinema to watch this bad boy.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
knBF9kq.jpeg

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
I can't believe we live in a world where Dune movies get good reviews. It's such a weird and subversive book.

I don't know that I'll ever agree with an Erlich review. I mean I haven't seen this one yet, but I certainly didn't agree with his Part 1 review.
I mean I disagree quite often with him, but the movies he put in his top 5 yearly are almost guaranteed to be great stuff.

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
Yeeeesh. Could maybe get a 3/5 if you didn't vibe with it, but 2/5 is rough
I don't mind it! David's got a pretty unique taste and his yearly top 25 movies of the year videos have actually given me a lot of new films that I watched and loved, it's not like he is being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, he's pretty consistent in his likes and dislikes

Dune was my favourite film of 2021, so I obviously don't agree with his review, but I could definitely see how someone doesn't really care for the series

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope the action sequences are better than the the first because they were the weakest part for sure

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Can't see it opening weekend but def going to be going as soon as I can.

david ehrlich does not mesh with denis' movies, him giving the film 2.5/5 is actually surprisingly better considering he gave the first a 2/5

he also gave Arrival a 3/5, BR2049 a 3/5, Prisoners a 3.5/5, he's very much less hot on Denis than most

...wut...

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know who David Ehrlich is, but going by what I know from this thread I don't need to give him the time of day or any clicks ever.

Mattmo831

Oct 26, 2020
I don't even know who David Ehrlich is, but going by what I know from this thread I don't need to give him the time of day or any clicks ever.
hes an entertaining critic lol. His reviews are worth a read. sometimes you just disagree with people is all. But his reviews do have value, and he is very honest about what he likes and dislikes

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I like this description of the ending from Variety's review:
The morality of "Dune" isn't nearly so binary, and many will miss — or else misinterpret — the deeply ambivalent tone of the movie's final minutes. What looks like triumph could well be a turn for the worse.

And another review confirmed Anya's role:
She's Alia. My favorite Dune character, so that's hype.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the first film but didn't love it. Seeing these glowing reviews makes me want to revisit it. Maybe attempt to read the book again.

Last edited: