• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who was only watched the Doraemon anime, I never in my wildest dreams would have imagined that in the manga they would openly talk about the war, and even portray some japanese soldiers there in a negative way

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
First learned about this while I was working in Japan. Junior high school had a textbook we had to go over with the students and there was a story called "The 3 faithful elephants". The homeroom teacher just told me to repeat it sentence after sentence and was speechless after reading it. So sad.....:(

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
As someone who was only watched the Doraemon anime, I never in my wildest dreams would have imagined that in the manga they would openly talk about the war, and even portray some japanese soldiers there in a negative way

Most of Japan's issues stem from apathy and a strict adherence to tradition, not ignorance or whitewashing history.

Barefoot Gen straight up calls out the Japanese military massacres and is a staple of almost every elementary and middle school library in the country.

I have ran into plenty of idiot kids who have no sense of history (just like any country) but I definitely don't think it's because of a lack of teaching here.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
Yep George HW Bush manage to avoid being eaten when his plane crashed and he manage to stay away from the island. link.

I think part of the military style for japan during those times was is to live off the land or something along those lines.

By mid-1945, due to the Allied naval blockade, Japanese troops on Chichijima had run low on supplies, and Tachibana's senior staff turned to cannibalism. However, although the daily ration of rice at Chichijima had been reduced from 400g per person a day to 240g, the troops were in no risk of starvation. The true purpose of cannibalism was for increasing the troop morale as well as terrorizing the prisoner.

wtf

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Japan did a lot of weird and brutal shit when they thought we were going to invade.