• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Very curious to see how the open world approach turns out. I can imagine ways in which it works (like The Guiding Lands taken to the extreme and with seamless towns) but it will be an extreme shakeup of the gameplay loop. Could either be amazing or totally screw up the formula. Still this is my most hyped upcoming game for sure.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
People are assuming Dusk means Zorah, but what if it's Lao Shan Lung?

Honestly with how well they've updated classic monsters since Iceborne I'd be really hyped to see a reborn Lao fight.
The message says they 'brought back Godzilla monster' and Zorah was the only thing in World that fits.

Although another interpretation could focus on the 'scrapped ideas' part and it could refer to Dalmadur instead, since the Rotten Vale is made of Dalmadur skeletons.

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
God, I fucking hated Guiding Lands. If it's gotta be open world, please for the love of God don't make me have to farm shitty monsters for hours to "level up" a biome while the other ones drop. Gatekeeping access to monsters in a post-game environment felt so bad

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Q1 of fiscal year 2025 would be April-June 2024, so either we're getting the mother of all shadowdrops or the tweet means Jan-March 2025.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
For the record, this is nothing I've ever said anywhere to anyone, this is someone faking a screenshot and trying to pass it off as something I said.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Sounds almost good... except for NOoooo to Zorah Magdos. Worst monster ever (most boring fight). If they bring him back there better be a different fight mechanic for him cause he was dead boring in World.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope the World folks learned from the Rise folks to make the NPCs shut the fuck up and let you play the video game in Wilds.

The way World was presented was super annoying and it didn't even serve the purpose of making me care about any of the cast which I presume was its goal. Rise was like, okay we've explained the basics now go do the thing.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington

Tbf, FFVII the original game was open world for its day. It's one reason they originally (way back in PS3 days) tried to tell people there wouldn't be a remake, cause it would be too huge to redo in that day's graphics. And probably why they split it up this time around when they finally decided to do it anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.