• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
The general consensus/speculation is September is the month for MH Switch to be revealed. Either at TGS or Nintendo Direct. Not long to go...

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
2yxpv8.png

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
September should be the last month they reveal everything about these machines. It's honestly too much at this point. We need to see next gen content and prices as well.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
What is the talk on Monster Hunter Switch? Something like World or something more traditional MH? I'm so out of the loop.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Wait what, MH Switch will run on a compatible RE engine? That's shocking

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
So a General Nintendo Direct and a PS5 event set for the first two weeks of September?

If that PS5 event does indeed happen in a week or two then I think pre-orders will open up...along with prices.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
A PS5 event and Nintendo Direct in the first half would be sweet.

Considering Dusk sources seems to be solid regarding Capcom stuff I'll buy it, assuming RE8 will be at this Sony thing (and not just a TGS panel later in the month).

OnlineZhD

Aug 23, 2018
Isn't this the same guy that made up the RE8 running bad on PS5 rumor because of the conversation being "too one-sided"?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
What is the talk on Monster Hunter Switch? Something like World or something more traditional MH? I'm so out of the loop.

I don't anyone knows specifics other than it's been rumored to be in the works for years and that Capcom wants to create a experience like playing Monster Hunter back in middle school on the PSP.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't this guy mislead people about the power of the PS5 or it having issues doing 4K or something and was proven to be hyperbole?
Hopefully the direct Capcom leaks are a bit more true. The PS5 statement was whack.

edit: thank you all for the explaination, seems to have been a misunderstanding in the report and not understanding the tech

Last edited:

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've found this dude to be pretty hit or miss. I'll believe it when I see it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I don't anyone knows specifics other than it's been rumored to be in the works for years and that Capcom wants to create a experience like playing Monster Hunter back in middle school on the PSP.

Oh fuck yeeeeah.

I mean, I love World but the idea of a trad MH game on a portable console again is just... yes.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
The next MH game will be Ichinose's game who is the Director of the portable MH games such as Portable 3rd and Generations. He teased his game last year 'MH NEXT'. We should be seeing it very soon considering MH is a annual franchise.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I do not buy MH Switch being made in RE Engine. Why switch (heh heh) from MT Framework?
Or it existing but that is a separate discussion

This portion is very interesting

I would not have expected Ichinose's team to be the first ones in that department to get their hands on RE Engine. Not that it has any bearing on what the mainline team does as far as tech is concerned, but it does have some intriguing implications if at least one Monster Hunter game is beginning to transition away from MT Framework.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Didn't this guy mislead people about the power of the PS5 or it having issues doing 4K or something and was proven to be hyperbole?
Hopefully the direct Capcom leaks are a bit more true. The PS5 statement was whack.

He seems to have nailed the Resident Evil 8 leaks thus far. I still trust him, but he's not the first leaker to talk about Monster Hunter Switch.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Resi 4 in worrying position?

Something going wrong in development?

I mean isn't the guess the RE3 Remake dev is doing it? I dread to think about it but maybe they will end up cutting shit out there as well - or them being worried about RE3R perception and how to adapt that for RE4.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well, Dusk seem to have at least been right regarding Capcom stuff, so the MH Switch info is interesting. Guess shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.