• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this feeling that Capcom would want to have MH Switch all to themselves as far as announcing is concerned, but it does depend heavily on how invested Nintendo is in its marketing and possible publishing strategy. I could see a Partners Showcase of the game itself being announced with major gameplay and reveals saved for TGS, though Nintendo knows better than anyone out there just how important portable MH is in Japan and will defer if necessary.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I have this feeling that Capcom would want to have MH Switch all to themselves as far as announcing is concerned, but it does depend heavily on how invested Nintendo is in its marketing and possible publishing strategy. I could see a Partners Showcase of the game itself being announced with major gameplay and reveals saved for TGS, though Nintendo knows better than anyone out there just how important portable MH is in Japan and will defer if necessary.
I can definitely see a huge marketing strategy between Nintendo and Capcom. They both know how insane the potential MH on Switch has.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
seeing how much nintendo tries to market even some of the really minor and small exclusives, there's not way they won't go all out for MH.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
So he guessed it but missed it by one fucking day in the
Nothing against him but Sony having an event in September was not even a guess but common sense in first place. Bloomberg stated they were trying to do it in late August but was obviously postponed.
Technically he was wrong on the timing especially if you think it's likely that Sony decided to anticipate it last minute due to what happened to Microsoft, the Saturday announcement smells of rescheduling.

I think that people have a distorted views on ''insiders'' here, they're either heroes or zeroes/frauds.
They can also make educated guesses, speculations and be wrong even if they have some sources and get some things right.

Hell so Dusk just guessed shenmue story something? I hope he does lottery then. He is giving us deets for years now I think. I trust his capcom sources 100%. His other sources arent that legit but he aint guessing or bullshiting.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I'm wagering on a Monster Hunter Direct, if the game is releasing in the next 12 months I think it's big enough of a deal to warrant a dedicated one, it already happened, although it was Japan exclusive.

I'm wagering on a Monster Hunter Direct, if the game is releasing in the next 12 months I think it's big enough of a deal to warrant a dedicated one, it already happened, although it was Japan exclusive.
I think that game specific Directs are a thing of the past for third parties, but if both MH Switch and Stories 2 are on the near horizon, that might be enough content for a very targeted Partners Showcase.

Deleted member 34169

Nov 23, 2017
Dudes trying to discredit the rumors over a one day difference have got to be joking.
The phenomenon of discrediting insiders is amazing to me. Every board I am a member of usually has a person or two at least who's an insider and every time they say something there are always people who try to shit on them. I don't understand if it's jealousy or what. Im a naturally skeptical person but when someone is right way more often than not I look pretty dumb trying to say they don't know anything.

Deleted member 15360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are other things ps ot members discussed with dusk like the price he heard and shared in the ps ot which some of us really disagree.

But I don't anyone will disagree on capcom and rest of the bits

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
MH direct with stories 2, portable 5th and Felyne for smash

Fixed, to make it what I think will be more likely. Not only are the cats basically the series' secondary mascots after Rathalos (who already is in the game) and should get precedence for a crossover, but we sorely need some variety. Besides Banjo and Piranha Plant, it's really been all humans in the DLC, so far.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Seems extremely likely Monster Hunter will be revealed at the next Partner Showcase and then have a full blowout at TGS.
So, we'll see this in less than 2 weeks

Fixed, to make it what I think will be more likely. Not only are the cats basically the series' secondary mascots after Rathalos (who already is in the game) and should get precedence for a crossover, but we sorely need some variety. Besides Banjo and Piranha Plant, it's really been all humans in the DLC, so far.

I think neither will happen. Byleth kinda sunk any hope I had of a Hunter character showing up, since that would pretty much be their exact moveset.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Before then as in on the 16th, in Sony's stream, because the game is multiplatform and Sony needs to announce some games to appeal to Japan?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Should be before then.

Gotcha.

Seems extremely likely Monster Hunter will be revealed at the next Partner Showcase and then have a full blowout at TGS.
So, we'll see this in less than 2 weeks

I think neither will happen. Byleth kinda sunk any hope I had of a Hunter character showing up, since that would pretty much be their exact moveset.

I pretty much had a similar inkling about the Hunter, as well. But good thing the Felynes/Prowlers don't fight like the Hunters much at all! Byleth also doesn't use boomerangs, fight with claws in CQC or summon cartoony tank armaments, among others.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A day is fine, get off that mans back. It's not like he said there was no event at all.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
K I'll allow myself to get hyped for MH Switch. I was holding out this whole time. Hopefully it's nice and colorful with a variety of monsters.

MoonDesigner

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Why do people are so agressive towards dusk? Hes on the money a lot of times. HES A DAY OFF. how can you think this "gotcha" is his ruining his info????

Jesus, Era.

Status
Not open for further replies.