• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
If they can't get it running on a ps5 well, good luck with PS4 .

This guy......

Not on one trailer does it say its PS4 or Xbox one

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
It always kind of came off as a cross gen game to me. Looks like they are iterating on RE7 instead of doing something all new. I might be wrong about that though.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So it's struggling to run well on PS5 but they're going to ship it on the original Xbox One? Yeah, I don't know about that one.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Cross gen strikes again /s

RE2 remake was bloody gorgeous and REVII blew my mind visually at launch, hopeful this one shows a nice evolution of RE Engine.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018

This guy......

His Capcom stuff has been legit. What's your issue? Visual targets for a PS5 would be far different for a PS4. He was saying there were issues with frame rate at the visual target they were aiming for on PS5. Also of course this is cross gen if it is releasing next year. It would be suicide to go all in on next gen right now.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
But I thought it was next gen only?

I won't complain though. Another reason to keep hanging on to my PS4.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

This guy......

It's foolish to doubt Dusk when it comes to Capcom stuff.

This will get confirmed on TGS, no doubt of that.

P.S. Thank god I don't have to buy a PS5 next year.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
His Capcom stuff has been legit. What's your issue? Visual targets for a PS5 would be far different for a PS4. He was saying there were issues with frame rate at the visual target they were aiming for on PS5. Also of course this is cross gen if it is releasing next year. It would be suicide to go all in on next gen right now.

No offense but Dusk originally said this was next gen only and gave reasons why.

Can someone embed these tweets please?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's foolish to doubt Dusk when it comes to Capcom stuff.

This will get confirmed on TGS, no doubt of that.

P.S. Thank god I don't have to buy a PS5 next year.
I'm not who you're responding to but I don't doubt Dusk on the majority of his Capcom stuff but his "struggling on PS5" thing followed by the revelation that this is actually cross-gen and going to be running on the base Xbox One, hardware that is far weaker and likely harder to develop for just doesn't track. This is also hot on the heels of him saying that it was originally planned to be cross-gen but that was scrapped because the game had things that could only be done on next-gen hardware so he's contradicting himself here too.

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So that means all that interesting stuff he talked about with hallucinations was thrown out the window, I imagine. That would be a shame.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Not surprising in the slightest.
I am the first to want next-gen only games to take advantage of the new consoles, but if you're already building a game for multiple platforms for 2020/2021, why not aiming at the largest pool of buyers? Seems like a lot of money left on the table.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't look like a next-gen game anyway to me. Cross-gen it is!

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
How does this go with DuskGolem's claims that the PS5 version is seeing some kind of huge issues that Capcom has trouble solving? If the game is cross-gen, I can't think of a reason why a PS5 version would be struggling.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
just to make his comments more spicy. imagine if the ps4 version has vr support and the ps5 version doesn't.

Adab1za9

Jun 8, 2020
How does this go with DuskGolem's claims that the PS5 version is seeing some kind of huge issues that Capcom has trouble solving? If the game is cross-gen, I can't think of a reason why a PS5 version would be struggling.

Because i would assume they are targeting 4k and higher graphic setting than current gen.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK

the only thing I took from DUSKS comments is that the ps5 version is struggling at 4k and 60fps. Maybe due to added raytracing effects etc.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
RIP the dream of using SSD to do some really funky psychological horror stuff with the levels.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I think I'm gonna want to play this on nextgen consoles anyway

Edit: January?!? Megaton if true 😍 Edit2: nmv early in the morning and I can't read lol

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If it runs on PS4 better than PS5, then they should port PS4 version to PS5. lol
Seriously, those graphics aren't THAT next gen in my opinion and I think PS4 can run the game with lower resolution.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Good news. It didn't look mind blowingly better than RE7 visually, so that's not surprising.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.