• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
*Resident Evil 9 is horror focused and first-person* Thank god.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Other than Ethan and Mia, Chris is the only character that connects 7 & 8. I wonder if this trilogy will be just as much Chris's story...

Makes sense, since Chris has been a part of or referenced in almost every mainline game in some manner (except for 4 I think).

Last edited:

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually surprised you made a thread on this, but it's true and not too spoiler-y, so I guess that's fine.

I'll just mention this means narrative first more than anything else, though.

Unlovedjew

Oct 26, 2017
This is cool tbh. the original continuity was a lot of silly nonsense that wasn't worth trying to follow tbh

Aug 15, 2020
I generally like Dusk Golem, I think he means and I believe his inside connections, but this feels like common sense, especially after the RE8 leaks.

Last edited:

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, RE7 still had a bunch of unanswered questions and Village will probably introduce more. Like we still don't know who "The Connections" are and stuff like that.

Glad they're keeping Wesker dead, although there's still that nonsense in Umbrella Corps. Jake is probably another one hit wonder but maybe they'll go back to some of the other RE6 threads in Revelations 3 or something.

Last edited:

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Really hoping Ethan isnt the RE9 protagonist.

Capcom would have to do some heavy lifting to make him an interesting character after RE7.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
If they move away from numbered entries I also wonder if they'll move away from how each seem to operate in a trilogy? 1-3 are all pre-rendered survival horror, 4-6 are over the shoulder with more emphasis on action, and 7-9 move back to more survival horror but in first person.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I like the idea of self contained stories. Was actually hoping that was the route the series was going to take since 7, but Ethan is bland enough that it almost works here.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Going by the leaks we have a really good idea who RE9 protagonist could be.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
With RE8 being the end of "Someone's Story" as per the first trailer. I don't think RE9 being FPS is locked in (Not that I care what style it is)

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
How exactly is Dusk Golem allowed to tweet extremely confidential details with no repercussions? You'd think someone at Capcom would notice and at least send a C&D?

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If they could do something similar to Virus (horrible movie, great monster design) I honestly wouldn't mind.
EUHGUaRWkAIMH-_.jpg

EfktM1MXsAETNoh.jpg

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense considering the trend for the mainline numbered games coming in threes.

You have the Classic Fixed-Camera Trilogy (RE1, RE2, RE3), the TPS Action Trilogy (RE4, RE5, RE6), and you'll have the FPS Horror Trilogy (RE7, RE8, RE9). Then in addition to these are out-of-order spinoffs such as RE0, Code Veronica, Operation Raccoon City, and Revelations.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
While I liked RE7, I'm personally rooting for the next game to go back to the awesome third person stuff they've been doing lately (I guess the potential Revelations 3 will be - but I'm still confused about RE8 originally being that until it tested really well and was turned into a mainline?).

Dec 11, 2017
Capcom shouldn't move away from numbered Resident Evil games because they've trained me to actually pay attention to the numbered games and ignore anything else thanks to decades of spin-off garbage.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of Code Veronica and Zero, it seems like the RE series shifts its camera perspective around every trilogy.
The first 3 games featured the fixed camera system.
The next 3 entries (4, 5 & 6) moved to TPS.
So, it seems after 7 and 8, the ninth entry will still stick to FPS.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
They already moved past numbered entries my dude.

Resident Evil Village is the name.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah can't blame them from moving away from numbered titles.

Really glad they decided to go and make a full first person trilogy though instead having 7 be a one and done idea. Hope it works well for them because I'm really excited for 8

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
No Wesker is fucking fantastic. Wesker was the worst thing to happen to the RE Series, despite the praise I'll give Code Veronica, I'll never forgive it for bringing back Wesker.