• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Duskworld can't be started at all with a controller. Also when using the mortar with a mouse, you can detonate your shots with a mouse button. That function doesn't seem to be there with a controller. And when selecting difficulty, if you pick one the higher ones, a warning will pop up and tell you, that it isn't intended for a first time playthrough. You then get the option of continuing or selecting no to go back. Only the last part can't be selected with a controller.

This in addition to the issues noted in my previous posts. It's very far from having full controller support. Perhaps that should be changed in the first post?

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Duskworld can't be started at all with a controller. Also when using the mortar with a mouse, you can detonate your shots with a mouse button. That function doesn't seem to be there with a controller. And when selecting difficulty, if you pick one the higher ones, a warning will pop up and tell you, that it isn't intended for a first time playthrough. You then get the option of continuing or selecting no to go back. Only the last part can't be selected with a controller.

This in addition to the issues noted in my previous posts. It's very far from having full controller support. Perhaps that should be changed in the first post?

Will do!

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was a bit skeptical after STRAFE, but DUSK is amazing. If you had any love in your heart for Heretic, this is that but with a few clever modern touches.
Glad to hear this. STRAFE was a disgrace at launch. A buggy, broken mess. Glad Dusk isn't blighted by the same issues.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Glad to see it's reviewing well. Have any reviews mentioned you can go upside down when you use a spring jump?

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Stoze I overthought it. Something magical happened.

I telefragged that motherfucker.

At first I did it accidentally after getting him down to like 10-20% of health but then I intentionally did a run where I did it on purpose. I'm sure somebody could actually route this down to 30 seconds or so. So that's pretty rad!

This just happened to me too!! I was like WTF... I killed it? hahahahaha

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Glad to hear this. STRAFE was a disgrace at launch. A buggy, broken mess. Glad Dusk isn't blighted by the same issues.
I am still baffled by how the STRAFE guys just managed to get everything wrong. I had to refund it for the second time a few weeks ago, because it was still just bad, like the fundimental gameplay was just clunky.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I like how enemies move faster on the higher difficulties. Earth Defense Force series does something similar and it means you have to react differently, instead of only adjusting to higher enemy health/damage.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Dusk made the Digital Foundry GOTY list:

Well deserved, seeing as it's probably the best FPS campaign wise this generation.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Completed Episode 3, and maybe not quite as awesome as Episode 2, but it still has a lot of cool stuff. Final boss was neat.

What a excellent ride this was, and definitely one of my favorites from this year.

qssm

Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn this is a great ride. It's really cool to see how at first I thought the graphics style was only because of budget constraints and mimicking old style etc. but by Episode 2 it really all just comes together so great that this is easily a GOTY contender. I really cannot say enough how great the atmosphere and audio/music is in this one, especially loving the weird and creepy horror vibes.

Last edited:

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't got into a game's audio like this is Senua's Sacrifice. The action and the music blend into a really awesome experience, when they said "use headphones" they really meant it!

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I take back what I said earlier about waiting to jump on and it supposedly not being feature complete. It definitely is and deserves all the moneys! I've been playing for about one and a half hours now and still haven't finished Episode 1 (just entered Ghost Town)! I was expecting a 4 hour game at best to be honest but I'm glad to see that's not the case. It's packed with content and I can't wait to go back to find all the secrets and finish it on the hardest difficulty setting.
The movement mechanics and ease of control are sublime by the way. Probably the most satisfying bhops and crouchslides in the bizz right now!

It really is like a greatest hits of all of my favourite shooters of yesteryear: Quake, Doom, Heretic, Turok, Redneck Rampage, etc. They're all here and it's great! :D

Last edited:

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Am I the only person who reads EULAs? From the Dusk:

b. Do not share your account information with anyone. You are the asshole in charge of your own destiny.

c. Report all issues, bugs, exploits, or other problems or reasons for concern that you come across. If you find something you suspect is a bug or design issue, try to gather steps to reproduce the issue and report it (especially if it is not on the known issues list). In addition, if you feel someone is not following the Code of Conduct, you can and should report it. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING (but snitches get stitches)

Okay killer! Then:

WHAT THIS MEANS: WE DO OUR BEST TO MAKE THE HIGHEST QUALITY GAMES OUT THERE, BUT WE CAN'T GUARANTEE THAT YOUR COPY ISN'T DEFECTIVE. THIS IS BOLD BECAUSE IT'S IMPORTANT—THERE IS NO WARRANTY TO THIS GAME, SO YOU PURCHASE AND DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE COPY OF THE GAME YOU'VE PURCHASED IS BUG FREE, OR EVEN FUNCTIONAL ON YOUR SYSTEM. BUT YOU'RE NOT GONNA READ THIS AND WE ALREADY GOT YO MONEY, SUCKA.

Alrighty there! Later on:

INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTS OF GOD, NATURE OR OTHER CAUSES (BY WAY OF EXAMPLE, BUT BY NO MEANS A LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, EVENTS SUCH AS WAR, EMBARGO, ALIEN ABDUCTION, HOSTILE DOMINATION BY UNKNOWN SENTIENT LIFE FORMS, OR ANY BACTERIA, VIRUS, TRIADS, YAKUZA, HELLS ANGELS, YO MOMMA, THE MAFIA OR ANY OTHER UNKNOWN
INFECTION OR PATHOGEN THAT RESULTS IN ANY COMMUNICABLE DISEASE THAT CAUSES LIFE TERMINATION AND THE SUBSEQUENT REANIMATION OF BODILY FUNCTIONS ACCOMPANIED BY LIMITED BRAIN ACTIVITY. NEITHER WE NOR OUR LICENSORS OR DISTRIBUTORS SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OR COMPUTERS THAT CONNECT (INCLUDING THOSE INFECTED BY THE ABOVE REFERENCED NONSENSE), EXCHANGE DATA, OR OTHERWISE INTERACT WITH YOU OR YOUR COMPUTER AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE GAME. WHAT THIS MEANS: WE'RE NOT MAKING ANY WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES REGARDING THE INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH OUR MULTIPLAYER SYSTEMS. HOWEVER, WE GENERALLY ONLY USE THIS INFORMATION TO IMPROVE THE GAME. WE CANNOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT YOU'LL LIVE.

addyb

Oct 27, 2017
Bought this early. Only done a couple of levels but it's soo good. All the reviews say it gets better the further in you go.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Via: https://www.resetera.com/threads/du...le-versions-announced-ps4-and-xbox-one.90872/

But we're just getting started...
Mac/Linux and DRM Free versions are coming
TDM, CTF and DUSKWorld content updates are coming
Language localizations are coming
The SDK + Steam Workshop is coming
Co-Op is coming
New Game + is coming
Console Ports are coming
The Big Box Physical Collector's Edition is coming
New DUSK merch is coming to The New Blood Store[newblood.games]
The CD and Vinyl Soundtrack is coming
REAL LIFE SOAP IS COMING (wait, what)

https://steamcommunity.com/games/519860/announcements/detail/1708452170036452919

Last edited:

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
This game is the epitome of 'no bullshit; just videogame.' It fucking rocks.

I only have two complaints:
-I'd like to be able to navigate menus with a d-pad
-I'd like to be able to adjust X/Y sensitivity independently

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
RE2 has occupied my time and my thoughts this weekend, but this is the latest game I've gotten that has occupied my heart. I fucking love it.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it. Amazing game. One of the few modern games that really nails that "old-school" feeling. And I never was a fan of finding key cards and solving puzzles, but DUSK does this perfectly fine without getting overly complicated while still offer some challenge besides all the shooting. It's basically what the new DOOM should have been. Highly recommended.

Deleted member 16136

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shit balls why did I wait so long to get this, I wasn't sure by the videos how the game would feel but damn does it feel fast, tight with punchy as fuck weapons. I think I could sit and complete the whole game in 1 night if I didn't have to work. This is some good shit. Music so far (as expected with the composer) is also good shit.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I started playing this again over the weekend, for 'reasons', but I'm really glad I did. Not that I wasn't enjoying it a lot originally (I was) but it just got lost in the shuffle there for a while. It's a fantastic game that has the perfect tone and feel. Hopefully the upcoming SDK and ports will ensure that it lives on for a good while longer.

I'm up to the sky labs in episode 2. The previous level with Big John has been a high point for me so far.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a thread to keep track of these new FPS games with old engines? I'm having a hard time remembering all of them.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That definitely helps, thanks. And I completely agree! Watching the DF vid on Wrath: Aeon of Ruin (woof, what a title) over the weekend got me thinking there were so many of these lately and I want them all!

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Limited Run will be doing a DUSK physical/collector's edition for Switch and a "Big Box" CE for PC:

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Picked this up during the Steam sale and am already through the first two campaigns. This game has a mood. Some of the best ambient storytelling I've seen in a bit. The VO is cheese and the writing on the walls is very to the point, but the level progressions do a great job of immersing me into the world.

Weapon variety, good fun enemies, accidentally discovered a cigar to smoke while rebinding hotkeys, the invisible deer give me a little jump every time, just a great game. Really enjoying it.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have issues with the game feeling smooth on a Gsync monitor? I had the in-game vsync off and RTSS reports it running at a locked 141 fps but it isn't smooth. I then turned vsync on and it's running between a fluctuating 120-141 fps and it's much, much smoother, but not 100% there, and I'm not sure why it wouldn't be at a locked 141 fps anyway on my 6700K/1070.

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
So this should be out today, right? Anybody check it out? Digital Foundry was super positive about the performance.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having issues with getting max kills in e1m2? One of the scarecrow guys eats my last kill.