• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gunpei

Mar 13, 2018
Heeft iemand ervaringen met meekleurende brilglazen? Lijkt me veel praktischer dan telkens twee brillen op vakantie sleuren, een normale en een zonnebril. Maar ik vroeg me af hoe snel zo'n meekleurende bril nou verkleurt. Bij een beetje zon al of moet het echt hard schijnen? Als ie al bij een beetje zon verkleurt, dan lijkt me dat fucking irritant.
Het vervelende is dat ze er bij een normaal verlichte kamer ook al ietsje donker uitzien, waardoor het bijna altijd lijkt alsof je een zonnebril op hebt. Komt een beetje suf over. (Tenzij dat de look is die je ambieert natuurlijk...)

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Blij dat juni achter de rug is. Wat een bizar warme maand was dat zeg. PC had bijna een meltdown tijdens het gamen.

TiduzOmni

Oct 25, 2017
hier in arnhem bak je echt als je op straat loopt, word ws 40c vandaag echt overdreven, me broer word er zo gek van dat die al een nr voor airco installeren opgezocht heeft

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Het duurt ook steeds langer. Afgelopen weekend was nog sprake dat het morgen al zou afkoelen. Nu wordt het morgen ook weer vrolijk 38 graden en zaterdag wordt de 30 ook nog aangetikt in het oosten/zuiden.

Weet je, overdag maakt me nog niet eens zo gek veel uit. Zolang de nachten maar koel zijn. Van zondag op maandag zou het ongeveer 16 graden moeten worden, na nachten van 20+. Nog drie nachten lijden dus...

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Na deze hitte zal de 30 graden van het weekend waarschijnlijk wel meevallen, maar deze hittegolf blijft ronduit verschrikkelijk.
Gelukkig heb ik nu vakantie (lang leve het studentenleven), dus ik kan de hele dag binnen blijven of verkoeling zoeken in het water - alleen zijn er nu echt veel te veel muggen in de buurt van de meren.

Blijf vooral veel drinken, iedereen!

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Was achteraf wel fijn om een paar dagen echt lekker te kunnen zwemmen maar ik ga toch liever op vakantie voor die hitte.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
25 graden in Twente. Toch 5 graden minder dan twee uur geleden. Her en der ontstaan buien in de regio, maar tot zover geen regen boven mijn huis.

Ondertussen hebben twee boompjes bij mij voor alvast de herfstjas aangetrokken. Raar gezicht, die geel/oranje bladeren eind juli.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Vandaag heb ik voor het eerst het woord "klimaat-minaret" gezien. Niet op geen stijl, in de fucking telegraaf. Het was al tijd een butt krant, maar het is er bepaald niet beter op geworden..

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
Vandaag heb ik voor het eerst het woord "klimaat-minaret" gezien. Niet op geen stijl, in de fucking telegraaf. Het was al tijd een butt krant, maar het is er bepaald niet beter op geworden..
Dat woord is al jaren oud. Het werd tijd dat deze lelijke vogeldodende molens afgeremd werden. Er zijn betere alternatieven.

OP
OP
7threst

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Hey, everyone!

This thread is this week's Community Spotlight :)

Ah yeah!

What luck! I'm a Canadian who just moved to Zeeland for four months so let's party???
Zeeland?
screenshot_20190903-0wukqm.jpg

Slash Ess

Nov 5, 2017
I was told that this place would be the crux of a fast and fashionable European lifestyle

I wasn't duped, was I? Guys? Guys???

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hoe kan zo'n dooie thread nou in de spotlights staan, hahaha

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So the spotlights are cast upon you all again? I watched a Dutch news program (or a portion thereof) the other day out of curiosity, after I stumbled upon a Germanic language comparison video. I was shocked that I understood absolutely nothing. Well, essentially nothing. So many sloshing sounds. Out of frustration, I kept digging until I got to a sports update. I understood the sports guy a little better, but only barely. It would be great if you all came with voice to text devices. Ones that hang around your necks.

Something I wondered a few days ago. It rains a fair amount in the Netherlands, yeah? I have not seen an especially large amount (which is to say, none) of canopied bikes being utilised not quite yonder. Make it UV resistant, and it can be used during summer as well.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So the spotlights are cast upon you all again? I watched a Dutch news program (or a portion thereof) the other day out of curiosity, after I stumbled upon a Germanic language comparison video. I was shocked that I understood absolutely nothing. Well, essentially nothing. So many sloshing sounds. Out of frustration, I kept digging until I got to a sports update. I understood the sports guy a little better, but only barely. It would be great if you all came with voice to text devices. Ones that hang around your necks.

You speak German, but cannot understand Dutch at all? I am guessing you are not a native speaker of German? Coz they usually understand us afaik.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands

Something I wondered a few days ago. It rains a fair amount in the Netherlands, yeah? I have not seen an especially large amount (which is to say, none) of canopied bikes being utilised not quite yonder. Make it UV resistant, and it can be used during summer as well.
They usually tell immigrants who want to learn the language to start out with the Jeugdjournaal, or the news for children. It's easier in a kindertaaltjie ;).

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Ze moeten die e-bikes gaan verbieden. Je hebt helemaal geen goed besef hoe hard ze rijden. Je denkt je hebt nog wel even tijd omdat ze haast niet trappen maar dan rijden ze eigenlijk 40 k/u. Dat is net zo gevaarlijk als opgevoerde brommers de fietsstroken op rotondes gebruiken.

Deleted member 28564

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
South-African? Wow then you really have no excuse to not understand us ;)
I'm ashamed! For reference, from this video, I mostly understand the portion from the 43 second mark until the 49 second mark. Aaaand then I get lost.
They usually tell immigrants who want to learn the language to start out with the Jeugdjournaal, or the news for children. It's easier in a kindertaaltjie ;).

Ooo, I'll give this a shot. Maybe it'll help adjust my ears as well.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I also heard Flemish is easier to understand for Afrikaans speakers. Which, I don't really understand, because Afrikaans consonants definitely sounds more Netherlands Dutch to me, but it may have something to do with the melody of the language (outside of not pronouncing the final t in niet).

Deleted member 28564

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
To be fair, we can barely understand you either.
I heard something about us sounding like little children who have yet to grasp the complexities of the language.
I also heard Flemish is easier to understand for Afrikaans speakers. Which, I don't really understand, because Afrikaans consonants definitely sounds more Netherlands Dutch to me, but it may have something to do with the melody of the language (outside of not pronouncing the final t in niet).
I gave it (a random video) a listen, and it's much clearer. Much closer to an Afrikaans accent (of which there are a few, of course). Belgian students from whatever high school actually visits the high school I attended every year, and vice versa. Was a treat to hear them introduce themselves to the school. We exchanged sheepish grins thinking and sometimes exclaiming that they're intelligible. The differences in spelling and pronunciation is still there, but it's definitely more 'homey'.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Ze moeten die e-bikes gaan verbieden. Je hebt helemaal geen goed besef hoe hard ze rijden. Je denkt je hebt nog wel even tijd omdat ze haast niet trappen maar dan rijden ze eigenlijk 40 k/u. Dat is net zo gevaarlijk als opgevoerde brommers de fietsstroken op rotondes gebruiken.

Ik heb een tijdje voor Thuisbezorgd gewerkt en je heb helemaal gelijk. Je hebt geen idee hoeveel close-calls ik heb gehad.
Maar ze rijden zoooo lekker...

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Gewoon geel kenteken geven en behandelen als een brommer. Laat ze maar lekker tussen de auto's rijden. :P

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
Een verbod is altijd dé oplossing inderdaad. Typisch Nederlandse mentaliteit!

What luck! I'm a Canadian who just moved to Zeeland for four months so let's party???
Zeeland is beautiful, and quiet. In which city do you reside?

OP
OP
7threst

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Er moet wel iets gebeuren met die ebikes... Van die bejaarden die rijden alsof ze 16 zijn maar het reactievermogen hebben van een bejaarde. Kan shitty situaties opleveren.