• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hits out at 'snowflake generation' for 'looking for a reason to be offended (Update: The Rock Says Interview Never Happened)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has criticised the “snowflake generation” for “looking for reasons to be offended”.
While praising the current climate for allowing people to “be who they want to be”, the 46-year-old actor said a certain sector of society are “actually putting us backward”.

"He added: “We thankfully now live in a world that has progressed over the last 30 or 40 years. People can be who they want, be with who they want, and live how they want.

“That can only be a good thing – but generation snowflake or, whatever you want to call them, are actually putting us backwards.”
Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...-correctness-dwayne-johnson-wwe-a8722621.html

Mod Edit: This thread title has been tweaked slightly for accuracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 30, 2017
I feel he needs to give an example. Wish whoever interviewed ask for an example he means by generation snowflake that are holding us back. Then we can use that example and say how this example is holding people back but I guess he got lucky and didn't fall into that questuin.

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
"We thankfully now live in a world that has progressed over the last 30 or 40 years. People can be who they want, be with who they want, and live how they want.

“That can only be a good thing – but generation snowflake or, whatever you want to call them, are actually putting us backwards.”

Kinda seems like he's just upset about the reaction to Kevin Hart without saying so. The entire statement really isn't offensive.

Oct 27, 2017
Giant man-baby who got his fee-fees hurt because his buddy got called out for being a scumbag. Sounds like Dwayne has some questionable shit hanging out there that he fears might put a hitch in his plans to make more cash for shitty roles

Orb

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Snowflake is like SJW. Nobody can use it non-ironically and be taken seriously again.
Exactly, I know the term has been around for a long time, but the groups that have co-opted it mean that it carries so much baggage, and this is a terrible look for him.

OP
OP
Beefy

Beefy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"We thankfully now live in a world that has progressed over the last 30 or 40 years. People can be who they want, be with who they want, and live how they want.

Kinda seems like he's just upset about the reaction to Kevin Hart without saying so. The entire statement really isn't offensive.
Sadly yeah, but the crazy alt right in UK are jumping all over this..

Apr 3, 2018
I can't wait for his presidential run where he just reuses old wrestling promos.

"Snowflakes can check themselves directly into the Smackdown hotel"

Nov 8, 2017
The problem with people like Dwayne is that he lives in this successful bubble now. It's like he forgot any and all struggles he went through to get to this point.

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with the idea that people are stretching out things to get ofended, but Dwayne did an awful job by using the Snowflake Generation tag since it feels like a dog whistle to blame people for criticizing people acting like jerks

Status
Not open for further replies.