• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hits out at 'snowflake generation' for 'looking for a reason to be offended (Update: The Rock Says Interview Never Happened)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Muppet was only the messenger... the actual body of the post was an elaborate troll cooked up by ShockingAlberto and others as only revealed by Alberto in 2017.

Fair play, they played the entire internet like damn fiddles.
Yeah I don't believe him. And why would anyone?

OT this is just another example of why people shouldn't instantly get outraged.

Oct 27, 2017
Man those people saying the rock is piece of shit cause they disagree with a false statement,ouch. Taking every single thing as face value, hope they learn their lesson . One of the reasons why I browse here to get some good laughs.

Oct 25, 2017
Man those people saying the rock is piece of shit cause they disagree with a false statement,ouch. Taking every single thing as face value, hope they learn their lesson . One of the reasons why I browse here to get some good laughs.
And what of all those who proclaimed him to be speaking the truth?

Don't they also tarnish his reputation by believing it.

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton
He was a piece of shit prior to these statements though. Like he’s done worse than this, so it’s not like he’s suddenly off the hook.

Oct 27, 2017
And what of all those who proclaimed him to be speaking the truth?

Don't they also tarnish his reputation by believing it.
Can go both ways, but I'll say the ones calling for his head, labeling him " piece of shit" and ignoring all the good deeds his done, base on 1 statements that was proven false, are far embarrassing IMO. Either way doesn't really matter since he came out and clear the air.

Oct 25, 2017
Can go both ways, but I'll say the ones calling for his head, labeling " piece of shit" and ignoring all the good deeds his done base on 1 statements that was proven false are far worse IMO. Either way doesn't really matter since he came out and clear the air.
I mean to be fair... it's not like this was the first thing that ever came up though.

Dude publicly admitted to making the active choice to not vote in 2016 for example

Oct 27, 2017
Learned their lesson? It's clear you haven't been in the Randy Pitchford thread.
Lol no I have not, don't really go into video game thread unless it's relating to actual video game information like release date gameplay etc if you don't mind can you sum it up for me, I'm guessing is has to do with jumping to conclusion ASAP

Oct 25, 2017
I don’t really get the “this is embarrassing” angle. The quote is still shitty in the abstract. It isn’t like there was a misinterpretation of the shittiness of the reported quote.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I don’t really get the “this is embarrassing angle”. The quote is still shitty in the abstract. It isn’t like there was a misinterpretation of the shittiness of the reported quote.
Tbh the thread basically is as long as it is cause a lot of people came out of the woodwork to say how right he was for saying it.

But funny only those who believed it and disagreed are being shit on now.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol no I have not, don't really go into video game thread unless it's relating to actual video game information like release date gameplay etc if you don't mind can you sum it up for me, I'm guessing is has to do with jumping to conclusion ASAP
Jumping to conclusions and alot of look at that bitch eating crackers over there

Oct 27, 2017
Tbh the thread basically is as long as it is cause a lot of people came out of the woodwork to say how right he was for saying it.

But funny only those who believed it and disagreed are being shit on now.
This ain't true. There are around 20 people who agreed with those comments in the first 10 pages of this thread, and them niggas didn't even elaborate aside from like 2 of them. This thread ain't long because you had dozens of people coming out of the woodwork to hold some big discussion. Most of the posts in this thread are just peeps shitting on The Rock. Not even 10% of the posters are agreeing with the dude if we look at the first 10 pages.

Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit I still have some outrage left from this morning and was hoping to let some out here.
Can anyone redirect me to another thread with outrage in it? If I don’t let out this remaining outrage I won’t be able to sleep tonight.

Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit I still have some outrage left from this morning and was hoping to let some out here.
Can anyone redirect me to another thread with outrage in it? If I don’t let out this remaining outrage I won’t be able to sleep tonight.
And now we seeing comment like this, I don't see how this invalidate the take is trash.

Good for Dwayne if he not saying thing, still too much goddamn people that being dismissive to simple act of not being a dick.

Stinkles

343 Industries
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please explain

1. What happened?
2. Why people are Dicks for mistakenly (along with millions of others) thinking a person is bad for saying bad things instead of simply poorly informed at this moment?

Oct 25, 2017

2. Why people are Dicks for mistakenly (along with millions of others) thinking a person is bad for saying bad things instead of simply poorly informed at this moment?
Because they agree with the take, they thinking outrage culture and snowflakes exist, when the story proven wrong you see these people came out from the wood seeing the opportunity to "dunk". Newsflash motherfucker its people like you that I have problem with, that Rock deny being one of you.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

1. What happened?
1. An article circulated where The Rock made a comment about Snowflakes And Outrage Culture Are The Real Bad Guys Holding Society Back, which many people took to be about the Kevin Hart hoopla. Many people said, "Hey that's a real bad take there Dwayne" and others provided examples of The Rock having Bad Opinions In The Past as a reason why they were not surprised by his statements.This article turned out to be entirely fabricated.
2. A lot of corny people popped in to try and cite this thread as an example of the Outrage Culture Going Too Far, which is super funny since The Rock said that way of thinking was bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.