• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty mild thing to say really, but people are going to react to this as if he was waving a nazi flag and wearing a maga hat. You can be against bigotry and hatred and still critique how sensitive our culture has become, it's not a simple binary good or bad as so many seem to see it as.

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sure, there are snowflakes in every generation. But the point he makes is completely valid, these people get offended by the smallest things.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Out of touch old guy lacks self-awareness and feels like his generation was the best one. News at 11.

Disappointing to see this come from Dwayne though. : /

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, he's right. Not afraid to say what others are thinking. A lot of people find ways to be offended by anything these days. My dad was telling me that when he was at the coffee shop the other day, a guy held the door open for a woman and she proceeded to scream at him for it about how she's capable of opening her own door. She made a scene in front of the whole place. This is what our world has become
Did he also know a girl named La-a.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately knew he was trash when he stayed friendly with Kevin Hart after that whole thing.

Yep, he's right. Not afraid to say what others are thinking. A lot of people find ways to be offended by anything these days. My dad was telling me that when he was at the coffee shop the other day, a guy held the door open for a woman and she proceeded to scream at him for it about how she's capable of opening her own door. She made a scene in front of the whole place. This is what our world has become
Is this a copypasta?

You don't have to agree with The Rock coming off as supporting Kevin Hart but you're blind if you don't see how much society has changed in the fact that there are so many people that are looking for any sort of way to be offended these days.
"Snowflake" is an alt-right term though.

And some people will always be trash. You can't come up with some example of a horrible person you encountered one time, and then toss around the, "snowflakes are ruining everything these days."

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
You don't have to agree with The Rock coming off as supporting Kevin Hart but you're blind if you don't see how much society has changed in the fact that there are so many people that are looking for any sort of way to be offended these days.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
You're right, that's never happened before until this decade

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty mild thing to say really, but people are going to react to this as if he was waving a nazi flag and wearing a maga hat. You can be against bigotry and hatred and still critique how sensitive our culture has become, it's not a simple binary good or bad as so many seem to see it as.
Is it sensitive or is it a society movement that is tired of letting people be assholes for no reason other than hatred? If you do dickhole things, you deserve to get called on it. No one forces people to be shitheels.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
I agree with the general sentiment that people tend to be oversensitive nowadays, but that's not exclusive to the left. He's not exempt from that. "Snowflake" may have started as an insult for liberals but evidently it applies to conservatives as well. People getting offended over Hart's comments was pretty reasonable IMO, and getting offended that people were offended at it seems kinda... fragile.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I mean, the man got irrationally upset over people critisizing the Baywatch movie.
He's the last person that can complain about "snowflakes".

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Not very surprising, unfortunately. But certainly disappointing.

Maybe put down twitter for a bit and stick to them weights BRO. /s

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
The best Disney movie. No love interest. A strong, autonomous, self-reliant, and resourceful female lead who goes through trials but succeeds in the end and inspires a demi-god to get off his ass and be who he's meant to be.

Sidetracking now, but there it is.

"Snowflakes"/"SJWs"/Progressives are the only reason we've moved forward in society when it comes to women's rights, minority rights, workers' rights, etc.

Yep it's my favorite Disney movie. And I think it works because they made an effort to hire a diverse cast of people to do the voice acting and write the music.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Huge divide in this thread is interesting, I wonder if it's just because people like the rock.
I wonder the actual context of the quote, or what he's actually thinking about, it looks like people are assuming the Hart controversy, but it doesn't seem to actually be confirmed?

I agree that in certain circumstances people are definitely overly sensitive. The Kevin Hart thing isn't that though. That's why context matters here.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People who spent their lives constantly attacked are sensitive. That shit is crazy yo!

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
This seems like it would support LGBT? His whole quote really has me right on the fence with where his mind is at.

His quote mirrors things I see online from some members of my family and their straight white friends.

It's this kind of (paraphrased) mentality: "Gays have rights now and are totally accepted. What more do they want? Just shut up about it. Why do they still need a parade? I don't care. I literally don't care. Why do I see so much LGBTQ whatever stuff everywhere I go? Why do people have to always talk about it?"

I ended up quoting the top 10 movies at the time, 8 of which starred straight white guys, 1 starred a black man, and the other a white woman. Then tracked news for a couple of days and went back to the comment about how I'm still waiting for the wave of SJW/LGBTQ "stuff" that he's talking about, as there was nothing discussing those issues on the daily news.

Fuck off.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Hart's inability to apologize is having a much greater fallout than anyone could have guessed.

Apologies are a funny thing and are something I've never understood fully or even expected from those in Hollywood, the public eye, wherever. They're typically just hush money without the cash and from the mouth. I know people probably won't agree with me but in all honesty if someone is a fucking shithead then I don't necessarily want an apology that was forced to be given as a means of damage control to further prevent hurting their own career. It's still an insincere and selfish gesture that doesn't mean shit UNLESS the person is actually willing to truly step back and challenge their own faults and proclivities towards hate and intolerance. Actions speak louder than words.

I do believe in second chances and that people truly can adapt and reform to become better people in the wake of some public disasters, but show the world you have changed and apologize when you do see the error of your ways and make steps to correct them, not just when you need a tourniquet to keep your public image from completely bleeding out.

And if you don't apologize because you haven't changed? Then cool, at least we have an honest idea of where you stand (and how far up your ass your head will forever remain located) so we can ignore your intolerant ass.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I kept waiting for this joke's punchline but it never happened

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
The equivalent of a needy, purposefully vague Facebook post.

Pretty embarrassing, really.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Well, while most people are offended righfully, some others seem to indeed actively seek any offense that might or not be directed towards them. So i can't really say he's wrong.

But with the Hart bullshittery happening around and knowing that they are probably friends, this rubs in the wrong way.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
This idiot grew up in a time when adults launched campaign after campaign to ban/censor media they viewed as blasphemous or raunchy and he thinks the "snowflake generation" is a new development

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The thing that sucks most about this, is when any celebrity or public figure or even some rando on this site says "people just get too offended these days!" it is always said with this air of importance as if it's the most original and profound statement ever despite the fact that it's the most unoriginal and boring shit ever

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like after this comment, and reading this thread, just like that, The Rock is aligned with the alt-right?

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I don't like that generalization, but some people really seem like they're looking for something to be offended by.

Status
Not open for further replies.