• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has criticised the "snowflake generation" for "looking for reasons to be offended".
While praising the current climate for allowing people to "be who they want to be", the 46-year-old actor said a certain sector of society are "actually putting us backward".

"He added: "We thankfully now live in a world that has progressed over the last 30 or 40 years. People can be who they want, be with who they want, and live how they want.

"That can only be a good thing – but generation snowflake or, whatever you want to call them, are actually putting us backwards."

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...-correctness-dwayne-johnson-wwe-a8722621.html

Mod Edit: This thread title has been tweaked slightly for accuracy.

Last edited by a moderator:

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Stop the match JR, He just landed the rock bottom on idealogy!

he said some nice things but throwing the term snowflake out there is just... Ugh.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
635833962525052449-Central.jpg

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If that meltdown over Baywatch bombing wasn't a snowflake moment, I don't know what is.

Oct 30, 2017
I feel he needs to give an example. Wish whoever interviewed ask for an example he means by generation snowflake that are holding us back. Then we can use that example and say how this example is holding people back but I guess he got lucky and didn't fall into that questuin.

Oct 25, 2017
"We thankfully now live in a world that has progressed over the last 30 or 40 years. People can be who they want, be with who they want, and live how they want.

"That can only be a good thing – but generation snowflake or, whatever you want to call them, are actually putting us backwards."

Kinda seems like he's just upset about the reaction to Kevin Hart without saying so. The entire statement really isn't offensive.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
hes right there are people who look for things to get offended by just to be offended

Oct 27, 2017
Giant man-baby who got his fee-fees hurt because his buddy got called out for being a scumbag. Sounds like Dwayne has some questionable shit hanging out there that he fears might put a hitch in his plans to make more cash for shitty roles

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh, it's not an overly offensive statement but what do you expect. His whole career is built on a machismo image.

OP
OP

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We thankfully now live in a world that has progressed over the last 30 or 40 years. People can be who they want, be with who they want, and live how they want.

Kinda seems like he's just upset about the reaction to Kevin Hart without saying so. The entire statement really isn't offensive.
Sadly yeah, but the crazy alt right in UK are jumping all over this..

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I can't wait for his presidential run where he just reuses old wrestling promos.

"Snowflakes can check themselves directly into the Smackdown hotel"

Nov 8, 2017
The problem with people like Dwayne is that he lives in this successful bubble now. It's like he forgot any and all struggles he went through to get to this point.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
https://i./i/pix/2017/05/26/06/40CEBC4800000578-4543988-image-a-91_1495776389006.jpg

8QPxrlQ.png

zERcPtg.png

AXdR6fz.jpg

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I agree with the idea that people are stretching out things to get ofended, but Dwayne did an awful job by using the Snowflake Generation tag since it feels like a dog whistle to blame people for criticizing people acting like jerks

Status
Not open for further replies.