• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Someone locked this thread it's fake i don't why this is still open
I'd advice against it. Since the update is here for people to see now who might have missed it, but got the false information before. Also it's a pretty good lesson that media literacy is really important. The thread already did all the damage it could, now it can still correct some of it.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
The Rock just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about millennials (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like being a baby boomer where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw a millennial over, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the millennial public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to see any of The Rock's movies. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but The Great One has alienated an entire market with this move.

Brahma Bull, publicly apologize and cancel Jumanji 2 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Bleh. The originator of this meme from GAF is a convicted pedo, I don't know why people are always so happy to repeat it over and over in so many different places.

Maybe I am too easily offended, I guess :P

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Bleh. The originator of this meme from GAF is a convicted pedo, I don't know why people are always so happy to repeat it over and over in so many different places.

Maybe I am too easily offended, I guess :P
After falling for the "interview", I ain't falling for that.
Was it by Amirox? I guess a lot of people didn't know about that.
It was Muppet345 who is now victim of slander.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew this was total bullshit as soon as I saw the cover of the Daily Star saying they talked to The Rock. No way was he gonna be talking to a total shitrag like that.

It was Muppet345 who is now victim of slander.

Muppet was only the messenger... the actual body of the post was an elaborate troll cooked up by ShockingAlberto and others as only revealed by Alberto in 2017.

Fair play, they played the entire internet like damn fiddles.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Muppet was only the messenger... the actual body of the post was an elaborate troll cooked up by ShockingAlberto and others as only revealed by Alberto in 2017.

Fair play, they played the entire internet like damn fiddles.
I will never trust anything in the internet again. Time to resubscribe to a local newspaper and cancel my broadband.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It is interesting how people are dunking on people who believed this article and criticised The Rock but not the people who believed the article and agreed with this fake interview.

Interesting.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
No, you didn't. You did the same as everyone else. Even tied these imaginary comments from The Rock to Kevin Hart. You have like 20 posts where you don't even point out the original article or mention anything seeming strange about them.
I didn't say I looked immediately. I looked on my own and found the article to be really shady, but never thought they'd outright fabricate the entire thing on their own. I dunno what that publication is.

And if he had said that, it definitely would have been tied to Hart because they're friends and it would have been said in the middle of his bullshit.

So you can calm down. He responded to it and said it didn't happen. I read the thread. Most people didn't look at all.

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Coming in 2020

SNOWFLAKE

Dwayne The Rock Johnson plays the meanest snowman this side of the North Pole.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is incredibly unlikely that he said this given the original source is literally a tabloid that survives by making up everything inside its pages. Tabloids are straight fiction. The Star is a fiction publication. Go look at their website yourself and tell me what you think of the site.

Right. But I wanted to be absolutely sure. Because I'm a fan of The Rock. It was like, I wanna believe it's false it's just... you'll forgive me if my experiences with {and impression of} Conservative/Right-leaning people, especially rich ones, isn't the best in this climate.

That's generalizing a crap ton of people, and it's fucked up that I'm at that point, but that's just where I am right now. I'm sorry. And it sounded exactly what the fuck I'd expect to hear.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
what's embarrassing? The Rock isn't a Republican? He hasn't dined with MBS? Lashed out at people who criticized Baywatch? These things are still true regardless of whether this article is true or not.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Rock can't be pinned by these false comments and slanderous attacks. Yall know he's the People's Champion. He's gotta take more finishers than that to lose.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
I agree that the thread should stay open for those who may not have seen the update. It's pretty wack how false information spreads like this and it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's The Daily Star. Of course it's a load of bullshit. It's embarrassing that so many people believed it to begin with.

Also, this very much opens them to being sued into the ground due to the UK's defamation laws.

Oct 26, 2017
It is interesting how people are dunking on people who believed this article and criticised The Rock but not the people who believed the article and agreed with this fake interview.

Interesting.
I think this is a truly impressive thread in that just about 97% of people have come off looking like a horses's ass, myself included. Reset took an L today on this one.

Oct 25, 2017
This thread really is a case study on how ready people are to insult another persons character, and how few are actually willing to hold a L when the original quotes are a fabrication. Reading through this thread has been a ride

Status
Not open for further replies.