• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017
This is a shocking development, as I'd assumed the game was on course for cancellation. Will be interesting to see what they share.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It exists, very curious to see it at this point

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Given all the recent turmoil at Techland, I'd bet they are totally rebooting development, start over with a new concept.

Either that or it's actually coming along. Who knows.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Given all the recent turmoil at Techland, I'd bet they are totally rebooting development, start over with a new concept.

Either that or it's actually coming along. Who knows.
I don't know about a total reboot (that would be a lot of work flushed down the drain), but I'd bet it's something along these lines.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
That's very weird wording. I expect no good things about the development process of the game.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Please, I don't want to see another Cyberpunk 2077 case.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the devs are doing alright. Sounds like it's been a shitty situation. I loved dying light 1 and I thought this was gonna be a day 1 purchase but now I don't know.

May 7, 2020
Interesting that this is the day before the Square Enix showcase. I'm expecting they're either rebooting development, cancelling the game, or best case, they're getting a trailer ready.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
I thought for sure this game was dead. Given that Dying Light was one of my top games of last gen I'm still expecting to be disappointed.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Theyre gonna cancel the game and announce something new, which is why they're getting people in their discord server so they can have a base of people attached to the New Thing already

OP
OP

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Theyre gonna cancel the game and announce something new, which is why they're getting people in their discord server so they can have a base of people attached to the New Thing already

They have kinda "announced" their new open world RPG IP back in 2016...before revealing the existence of DL2.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
That is a very dry statement, it might as well turn into "look 2023 or maybe never, now buzz off".

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I'm predicting it launching in some sort of paid Early Access/Beta state and also maybe adding nextgen consoles to the roster.

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Can you guys not remind me again of that ffxv s2 dlcs stream, im still sad that we didnt get episode luna/noctis =(

Hopefully this doesnt go the same way as it though, i actually expect big staff changes and maybe an insight into the issues that the development has gone through and to a lesser extent i also expect a rough release year

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Please a next gen update for dying light 1 first, it's so god damn crusty looking on consoles