• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I was one of several people sent a special Dying Light 2 package in the mail this past week. It contained a mini poster, a letter, and a mini blacklight flashlight. Hidden in the poster were a few clues pointing to a pretty obvious reveal plan for Dying Light 2 coming on May 27 at 9PM CEST (3PM ET, 12PM PT).

Tweet link. But more importantly, here are the images:

rUKVrYw.jpg
Njeozca.jpg

tg3Zw8P.jpg

oejv0ym.jpg
Wob1pZk.jpg

Last edited:

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I have no opinion on your goodies, but I'm really hyped for this game to get re-revealed.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, this reminds me I need to play the first game some more.

My backlog is huuuuuuge.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
How does the first one play on XSX? Any improvements? I'm a sucker for games with good mobility (Halo 5, DOOM Eternal, Titanfall) and this seems to scratch that itch.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope we get a Pro/PS5 patch for Platinum Edition.

There's some talk that Platinum Edition is the Epic Games Store free game in two days, that would be awesome.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to seeing more of this. The first game was amazing, and really well supported by the devs. I really hope they can overcome the issues they are having with DL2.

Oct 25, 2017
How does the first one play on XSX? Any improvements? I'm a sucker for games with good mobility (Halo 5, DOOM Eternal, Titanfall) and this seems to scratch that itch.

Yeah it has fps boost, so 60.

Exciting, I actually hope they're readjusted it closer to the original game than the rpg stuff they originally announced. Just give me more movement options, more weapons and more zombies haha

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Has this been officially confirmed as next gen only? I had a hard time believing the game pitched a few years ago was feasible on Jaguar CPUs.

Looking forward to seeing where it's at, regardless.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hype has calmed down a lot over the years, but I'm still hoping they can pull through and release a good sequel to the first one.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
Wow, that boxart is absolutely awful. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the game though.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Has this been officially confirmed as next gen only? I had a hard time believing the game pitched a few years ago was feasible on Jaguar CPUs.

Looking forward to seeing where it's at, regardless.

They ain't going to drop old gen.

They spent 6 years on this and it is a pretty expensive project self funded by Techland.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am really hoping this turns out to be good after the development hiccups.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
They ain't going to drop old gen.

They spent 6 years on this and it is a pretty expensive project self funded by Techland.

Good luck. Unless it's a Shadow of Mordor situation where key systems & features are ripped out of the last gen version, I'll believe when I see it.

Or of course the entire thing could be scaled back to accomodate older hardware, which would be unfortunate. The level of world & character reactivity they were striving for was really friggin impressive.

Mar 19, 2020
I really want this to be good but all the news about the troubles in the studio have me expecting the worst. I loved the first game so I really hope this doesnt go down the Cyberpunk route.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Kinda expecting a heap of roughness, with what has been going in behind the scenes.

With the reports of massive crunch as well.

I dunno. I'm also expecting Cyberpunk w. parkour zombies

OP
OP
Zips

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the first one. Hopefully this one turns out ok, seems to have been a bit rocky so far.
Same. The first game was one of those games that took me by surprise by how much I liked it. Ended up playing for a bit over 57 hours. The co-op was awesome and I'm glad it's coming back for the sequel (at last check).

Just keeping my fingers crossed that this sequel ends up being at least as good as the first game.