• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
enWiMQvKfPPqKMeAEDHTAd-650-80.jpg

More at the link:
https://www.gamesradar.com/exclusiv...ie-types-explained-with-official-concept-art/
This particular chap, as you can tell by the blue armour, was previously a member of the Peacekeeper faction in Dying Light 2, a group of paramilitary populists who seek to bring order to the apocalypse with an iron fist, and one of many Wildcard factions that the player will be dealing with throughout their adventures. Set fifteen years after the events of Dying Light, the zombies you know from free-running across Harran are a very different beast to the ones you'll be encountering in this sequel.

"We have this whole cycle of infected life in the game" explains Dying Light 2's Lead Game Designer Tymon Smektała. "The infected start as a Viral, which is someone who just got bitten and just got infected, so they still show traces of humanity, and at this point they are very quick, very dangerous – they avoid the sun at all costs. But after some time in that state, they turn into what we call Biters, which are your regular zombies; slowly moving infected that, if able, will try and grab you and infect you or eat you, but the sunlight is dangerous to them, and they are not as quick and as agile as the Virals."

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
I'm really looking forward to playing this game. Can't wait to see more, it looks very promising.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Identifying Zombie:

Yep, that's a zombie.

Was kind of hoping for something cooler? I just wanted to see a cool zombo, I'm not invested in this game really, I'm sure it's fine.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
That cycle of infected sounds really cool. Lots of variety to be had with encounters. Fast zombies da best.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
Is this still gonna be set in Harran aka an Eastern/Istanbul inspired city?
When playing Dying Light with a buddy, the gameplay was great fun, but that setting left both of us a bit cold. Would really like to see what their take on something like a more Western "Racoon City" would be like. I know some might say that the setting was fresh for a Zombie game, but having that sort of Prince of Persia/AssCreed style parcours executed in a full on 80s/90s/modern RE2 Remake style "Racoon City" feels like it could be as fresh.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Can't wait for this.....the first game was probably my biggest surprise of a game ever and the support they gave it was amazing,put a lot of other devs to shame honestly.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Not a fan of "humans during day, zombies at night", I hope they reconsider that or at least make it so we get some zombies during the day.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
So damn pumped for this game. Techland did an amazing job with Dying Light over the years and is low key one of the best in the industry at listening to and communicating with fans. Hopefully this is their big coming out party.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely loved it on my first playthrough, then tried to play it again (after not getting on with the expansion at all) and found it difficult to get into again. Still, I'm looking forward to the sequel.
I'm currently playing the expansion with a friend. It's a lot of fun and packed with content.

Why did you have difficulty going back to it?

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
It looked playable last E3, I hope we get a release date soon cause it looked amazing, I really enjoyed the first one, playing coop was really fun