• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chamomile

Oct 25, 2017
Dylan%2520Farrow%2520Gayle%2520King.jpg

Dylan Farrow spoke out in her first television interview on CBS This MorningThursday about the sexual abuse she's long claimed she suffered at the hands of her father, Woody Allen. Farrow first wrote publicly about the abuse allegations in The New York Times in 2014 saying, "What's your favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: When I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother's electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me."

She replayed that scene this morning for Gayle King, going on to say that Allen was inappropriate at other times, following her around the house, with constant cuddling and touching. Behavior, she says, he did not display with her younger brother, Ronan. "He often asked me to get into bed with him when he had only his underwear on and sometimes when only I had my underwear on." The director has always insisted that there is no truth to the allegations and continues to do so, saying in a statement to CBS, "I never molested my daughter—as all investigations concluded a quarter of a century ago." His claim has long been that Farrow was coached by her mother, Mia Farrow. No criminal charges were ever filed. Farrow steadfastly stands by her story, saying, "He's lying. He's been lying for so long."

imrs.php

Farrow has expressed gratitude to those who have stood by her, including Natalie Portman, who said on CBS Sunday Morning, "I believe Dylan." Reese Witherspoon soon echoed those sentiments on Twitter. In recent weeks a number of actors, including Timothée Chalamet, Greta Gerwig, and Rebecca Hall, have apologized for working with Allen in the past, with some donating their salaries to charities that help abuse victims.

Full Article: https://www.glamour.com/story/dylan...llen-hes-lying-and-hes-been-lying-for-so-long

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's so damn obvious, and it's been obvious.

If this guy was just a B-Level director, he'd be done already.

Proof that Hollywood, despite their black clothing, still hasn't learned shit.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every fucking dork that stuck their neck out to defend Woody Allen in the other thread, step right up!

OP
OP
Chamomile

Chamomile

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, Alec Baldwin.

Fuck you.
For those unfamiliar what this user is speaking about:
Alec Baldwin (Blue Jasmine, 2014, along with the 1990's Alice and 2012's To Rome With Love): Baldwin took to Twitter on January 16, 2018, and said that it's "sad" and "unfair" so many actors are distancing themselves from Allen. "Woody Allen was investigated forensically by two states (NY and CT) and no charges were filed," he wrote. "The renunciation of him and his work, no doubt, has some purpose. But it's unfair and sad to me. I worked w WA 3 times and it was one of the privileges of my career." In a second tweet, he posited that Allen could even be innocent because he's never been formally charged with anything. "This is a charge that was investigated aggressively and resulted in…nothing," he said."What would it take for you to at least consider that he is telling the truth?"

https://www.glamour.com/story/actors-on-working-with-woody-allen

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so fucking tired of people defending rapists and pedophiles just because they like their stupid fucking movies or songs or whatever. So, so tired.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we publicly condemn Polanski yet too? Shit is ridiculous. Glad to see tides turning, but I'm also afraid to hold my breath.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I never knew there were claims of molestation. I thought it was Woody dating his daughter-in-law who was borderline an adult. Honestly I never really looked into it though.

Fuck him.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I posted the source above :)

Well tanks for nuttin'! :P Yeah... Fuck Alec Baldwin. "This is a charge that was investigated aggressively and resulted in…nothing" Says the nigga playing Donald Trump*... Idiot

EDIT: *I believe Ms. Farrow, I believe there was Russian Collusion. In case my comment is misconstrued.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The way she describes the attack makes me feel sick. I don't buy that Mia Farrow could coach an account like that into her daughter. I love his films, but fuck Woody Allen.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, I guess that about does it.

Does it? It's the same claim from five years ago, which very publicly went to trial decades ago. There's not really anything about the Dylan Farrow situation that we DON'T already know.

If we start getting additional accusations... well, that'll probably do it.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Honestly, I hate his films and they always came off as creepy/sexist (to be fair though it's been like since the 90's since I've seen anything by him as I have had no interest in seeing his stuff from what i saw of it before so this is just going by really old impressions. I don't even remember the stuff, just my impressions of it). So this really doesn't surprise me

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
She wrote basically the same thing in her open letter a few years ago that was largely ignored. I hope people listen to her this time.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm so fucking tired of people defending rapists and pedophiles just because they like their stupid fucking movies or songs or whatever. So, so tired.

People like that have no integrity. None. Fuck this guy and anyone trying to defend his bullshit.

Does it? It's the same claim from five years ago, which very publicly went to trial decades ago. There's not really anything about the Dylan Farrow situation that we DON'T already know.

If we start getting additional accusations... well, that'll probably do it.

I think now people are less willing to bury their head in the sand and say "Well there's no proof so........" What additional accusations do we need to believe her?

We seem to be willing to believe women more. Which is a good thing.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
I never knew there were claims of molestation. I thought it was Woody dating his daughter-in-law who was borderline an adult. Honestly I never really looked into it though.

Fuck him.

She wasn't his daughter in law. She was the adopted daughter of his girlfriend who he never lived with. Mia and Woody was a weird relationship between two weird, eccentric people.

At the root of all this is the strangest, messiest Hollywood breakup of all time and we're never going to know the exact truth of it.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I lean towards believing women, period.

For Mr. Baldwin (and lots, lots of others), this is a case where they're going to be biased towards their friends and colleagues. That's human nature. Tweeting about it, however, isn't something I'd do.

Then again, I'm not a celebrity.

OP
OP
Chamomile

Chamomile

Oct 25, 2017
She wasn't his daughter in law. She was the adopted daughter of his girlfriend who he never lived with. Mia and Woody was a weird relationship between two weird, eccentric people.

At the root of all this is the strangest, messiest Hollywood breakup of all time and we're never going to know the exact truth of it.
Ronan Farrow backs up his sisters' testimony and has been urging the media to stop "going easy" on his father.

Link here along with additional quotes:

Ronan wrote that he believes claims by Dylan that Allen routinely molested her as a child to be true, and recounts how his father would go into his sister's bed at night and force her to suck his thumb, in the Hollywood Reporter.

He alleges that media outlets refused to publish the truth about his sister's sexual abuse claims, instead relying on talking points provided by Allen's public relations representatives, creating what he termed "a self-perpetuating spin machine."

In one instance the New York Times published Dylan's account of repeated sexual abuse as a child by her father online, but then published Allen's longer response in their print edition.

"It was a stark reminder of how differently our press treats vulnerable accusers and powerful men who stand accused," Ronan wrote.

Read more: https://forward.com/schmooze/340467/ronan-farrow-slams-media-for-coddling-his-father-woody-allen/

Hopefully #TimesUp and #MeToo will bring Allen to justice.

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
People who believe Allen could be innocent also generally concede that Dylan Farrow genuinely believes that she was assaulted, this interview doesn't change anything but it is a horrible reminder that wherever you fall with the accusations, she's been through Hell with a parent and as a victim deserves everyone's sympathy. That's just a heartbreaking interview any way you slice it.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
The way she describes the attack makes me feel sick. I don't buy that Mia Farrow could coach an account like that into her daughter. I love his films, but fuck Woody Allen.

This isn't defending Allen, I believe Dylan, but there are cases, even high-profile ones involving celebrities, of ex-partner's making their children believe things such as this to then basically get revenge - ruining their child's life as a tool for revenge.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
People who believe Allen could be innocent also generally concede that Dylan Farrow genuinely believes that she was assaulted, this interview doesn't change anything but it is a horrible reminder that wherever you fall with the accusations, she's been through Hell with a parent and as a victim deserves everyone's sympathy. That's just a heartbreaking interview any way you slice it.

You can say this shit about ANY victim of sex abuse that we believe without video/dna/forensic evidence.

This isn't defending Allen, I believe Dylan, but there are cases, even high-profile ones involving celebrities, of ex-partner's making their children believe things such as this to then basically get revenge - ruining their child's life as a tool for revenge.

She's a grown ass woman and she still being coached? The coaching was so pervasive she believes she was assaulted but can't remember her mom planting the seed? I don't buy it. Inception don't work in real life.

hard to deny these allegations given how adament she is about it and how she likely has no incentive to do other than for self healing. What's this about him talking about it being cleared up with an investigation years ago though?

No physical evidence. Case closed.

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hard to deny these allegations given how adament she is about it and how she likely has no incentive to do other than for self healing. What's this about him talking about it being cleared up with an investigation years ago though?

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 4274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why though? Why defend this man? He married his ADOPTED DAUGHTER for god's sake! Like seriously! Why would people doubt this?

Sorry Wrong quote...

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
There's probably about to be a whole bunch of people coming in here to cite the study performed by Yale-New Haven Hospital. Before you simply take the conclusion of that study at face value like those posters want you to, give this a read and realize that the study was a joke and thrown out of court:

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/04/28/nyregion/yale-study-about-allen-flawed-expert-testifies.html

It's an old NYT article, contemporaneous with the custody hearings.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Even if it didn't happen (I strongly believe it did), Woody Allen's actions towards Dylan in the run up to the custody battle justify condemnation of him. Hauling a young girl before a team of psychologists in order to build a case hinging on her being severely mentally ill is disgusting and is an act of a very disturbed person.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
I 100% believe her, and have for awhile (although not when the article was first published in 2014; I just didn't want to believe it was true).

Woody Allen was my favorite filmmaker, but I hope this ends his career, or he at least sees some kind of punishment.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
It's incredibly difficult to give the benefit of the doubt to a man that married his adopted daughter. I know the break up with Farrow was incredibly ugly and made it complicated to know what was true or not but the evidence has been stacking against Allen for a long time.

On a side note I wonder if these allegations in any way influenced Ronan's investigation into Weinstein's history.

Deleted member 4274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because it was ~technically legal~ which makes it morally fine, apparently.

Which confuses me. Sun Yee (?) was obviously groomed. It's not a leap what Dylan is saying. Like they keep giving him the benefit of the doubt because of his movies... Same with Roman. If he was robbed and stabbed to death, it would mean nothing to me, but he'd get honored in the Oscars. Eugh fuck Hollywood.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Dude married his adopted daughter. His adopted daughter. Anyone that wants to defend this shit stain needs to let that shit fucking sink in before speaking up. I believe her for sure.