• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, looks like he's finally gonna get his cummupence. Maybe now people will hate Hitchcock too...or does he get a pass because he is dead?

Deleted member 29676

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's the point. People here were claiming this was all simply brainwashing on Mia's part. There's obviously more to it than that. Unless you assume everyone was in out it there was in fact a reason to believe something had happened or lead someone to such a conclusion. We don't know exactly happened happened to simply say it was brainwashing on account of her brother who wasn't even at the incident seems very odd.

Brainwashing is a poor term for the accusation it is really false memory implantation. For Dylan there is no difference between the false and a real memory. In her mind she was abused whether or not she was every physically touched. PT talked about it and there is no way to tell if the memories are real or fake so we're left with evaluating evidence that either corroborates or refutes her claims.

Oct 26, 2017
14. After the molestation reports were filed, Mia still wanted to work with Woody on the set of 'Husbands and Wives.' Mia also kept on with her plans to star in Woody's next movie, 'Manhattan Murder Mystery,' and placed a call to meet with the wardrobe supervisor on August 9, 1992. The lead female role was written for Mia by Woody but Diane Keaton got the part following the abuse allegations; reportedly, Mia showed up for the first day's shooting, much to Woody's consternation.

3jhWOnf.gif

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
I also just learned this
On August 6, 1992, Mia made similar accusations of Woody molesting their 4 1/2-year-old son Satchel, but later dropped the charges because "its substance was too insane even for the instigator to stay with."

I also just read:
Monica Thompson (who was not present on August 4, 1992, the day of the alleged abuse, and who resigned from her position in the Farrow household on January 25, 1993), said in deposition that on August 6, 1992, Kristi Groteke (Dylan's babysitter beginning sometime in 1991) told her something different from what she later would testify to at the child custody hearing in 1993: On August 6, 1992, when Kristi drove Monica to the bus stop, she was "very upset;" Kristi told Monica "that she felt guilty allowing Ms. Farrow to say those things about Mr. Allen." Monica also said in deposition that on August 6, 1992, Kristi said: "The day Mr. Allen spent with the kids, she did not have Dylan out of her sight for longer than five minutes and she did not remember Dylan being without her underwear." Kristi Groteke resigned from her position in the Farrow household sometime after testifying at the child custody hearing in 1993: she immediately wrote a tell-all book about Mia and Woody, which was published in May 1994; in 1995, the book was turned into a mini-series by Fox Television, in which Kristi played herself.

13. Monica Thompson, Mia's nanny, charged that: "Ms. Farrow set the stage to report the incident involving Dylan. For several weeks, Ms. Farrow insisted that Mr. Allen not be left alone with Dylan and wanted me to be with them at all times." Monica also said in her deposition: "On several occasions Ms. Farrow asked me if I would be 'on her side.' Ms. Farrow has tried to get me to say that I would support her with these accusations." Monica added that almost immediately after the alleged incident, Moses indicated doubts about what, if anything, had taken place: "Moses came over to me and said that he believes that Ms. Farrow had made up the accusation that was being said by Dylan," Monica said in the sworn affidavit.

14. After the molestation reports were filed, Mia still wanted to work with Woody on the set of 'Husbands and Wives.' Mia also kept on with her plans to star in Woody's next movie, 'Manhattan Murder Mystery,' and placed a call to meet with the wardrobe supervisor on August 9, 1992. The lead female role was written for Mia by Woody but Diane Keaton got the part following the abuse allegations; reportedly, Mia showed up for the first day's shooting, much to Woody's consternation.

Mia Farrow also mailed this Valentine's card to Woody Allen shortly before making the allegations against him:
dWRbY3g.jpg

Allen also claims Farrow had been making death threats against him after discovering his relationship with Soon-Yi:
"She's threatened my life many times," Allen said of Farrow.

"I mean, she called me and threatened my--she's threatened to have me killed and to kill me. And to--and to stick my eyes out, to stick my eyes out, to blind me because she became obsessed with Greek tragedy and--and felt that this--that that would be a fitting, you know, vengeance."

Allen continued to stress that he took her threats seriously, especially when he began recieving late night phone calls saying he was "going to be killed."
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...2-valentine-day-woody-allen-article-1.1605686

November 1992

In Vanity Fair magazine, author Maureen Orth presents Mia Farrow's side of the story. Dylan, she reports, told her mother that Allen told her during the episode that "if she stayed very still he would put her in his movie and take her to Paris. He touched her 'private part.'" Allen appears on "60 Minutes," describing violent rages by Farrow — and threats to kill him — over his affair with Soon-Yi. He also says Farrow told him weeks before the abuse allegations: "I have something very nasty planned for you."

May 1993

The seven-week trial winds down. Among its many revelations: Moses wrote Allen a letter saying he hoped his father would kill himself. Farrow acknowledges lashing out physically at Soon-Yi. Allen's lawyers suggest Farrow tried to blackmail Allen for millions of dollars. A psychologist testifies that Farrow threatened to stab Allen's eyes out.
https://www.scpr.org/news/2014/02/04/41999/timeline-a-look-back-at-the-allegations-against-wo/

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Mia Farrow also mailed this Valentine's card to Woody Allen shortly before making the allegations against him:
dWRbY3g.jpg

Allen also claims Farrow had been making death threats against him after discovering his relationship with Soon-Yi:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...2-valentine-day-woody-allen-article-1.1605686

https://www.scpr.org/news/2014/02/04/41999/timeline-a-look-back-at-the-allegations-against-wo/

The jealous crazy woman angle. Dude is a pedophile. If you can't see that it's cause ya don't wanna. I personally can't stand that shit and believe a grown ass woman when she says it happened. She's not dumb. Her memories are wrong. She has no reason to lie or choose to be a pawn.

Simon Belmont

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... if your 10+ year boyfriend you just found out molested your 7 year old daughter... would you really still be wanting to work with him on movies?

Also if I found out my wife was abusing my son my first response wouldn't be to think "this'll be great financial leverage in our impending divorce"

That doesn't really say anything about what happened per se, but it doesn't speak well to her character or how seriously she took the allegation.

Personally I'm on the fence. He seems like a skeevy dude, but parental coaching during divorces happens all the time.

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He refuses to acknowledge it, and refuses to take a DNA test, because he's more interested in continuing to condemn Woody. Mia has more or less said outright that this is the case.
He is the reason Weistein was exposed. And he worked for Obama. He is a legit admirable journalist. And whether or not his biological father is Sinatra or not, Allen was his father legally and otherwise.

Also, sure, he didn't marry his adopted daughter. He just married the daughter of his long time girl friend and his kid's adoptive sister. Maybe they had limited contact until she was 19, but if I married my mom's ex partner of over a decade before being able to legally drink, it would be weird. And they hooked up while he was still with Mia. Tell me it's not a totaly creep fest to cheat on your girlfriend with her teenage daughter. So it's not exactly marrying your daughter, but come on, it's not conpletely out of the ballpark.

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of being presumptuous, you could simply inform us of what Hitchcock has done.

ah, I thought it was a known story.

www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/tippi-hedren-recounts-alleged-sexual-assault-by-alfred-hitchcock-new-memoir-942371

www.variety.com/2017/film/news/tippi-hedren-alfred-hitchcock-the-birds-sexual-harassment-1202637959/amp/

Basically he sexually harassed the actress from the Birds and he got her blacklisted from making movies. Very in line with what Weinstein did.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Good for Dylan for not letting this go. Don't let them defeat you.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yeah, that's how that works, solid post
i'll keep giving women the benefit of the doubt over creeps in abuse stories, but u do u
No one is telling you not to believe what you want to believe. That's just a courtesy you and a bunch of others are unwilling to give. It's not enough for you to believe you're right about something you're absolutely 100 percent clueless about, but you have to tell others they're 100 percent wrong about something they're also clueless about.

Oct 26, 2017
Sure. Still not relevant in the dicussion of him assaulting a seven year old girl.

I know a person who started a family with his stepsister.

In many places cousins can marry.

People find it creepy. Sure. But I think it's stupid to use it to build a "Allen is guilty"-case. Unless there are things about this that I have missed.

Last edited:

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
He is the reason Weistein was exposed. And he worked for Obama. He is a legit admirable journalist. And whether or not his biological father is Sinatra or not, Allen was his father legally and otherwise.

Also, sure, he didn't marry his adopted daughter. He just married the daughter of his long time girl friend and his kid's adoptive sister. Maybe they had limited contact until she was 19, but if I married my mom's ex partner of over a decade before being able to legally drink, it would be weird. And they hooked up while he was still with Mia. Tell me it's not a totaly creep fest to cheat on your girlfriend with her teenage daughter. So it's not exactly marrying your daughter, but come on, it's not conpletely out of the ballpark.
I don't think anyone is arguing that at the least hes a creep for shacking up with his long time girlfriends daughter.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
No one is telling you not to believe what you want to believe. That's just a courtesy you and a bunch of others are unwilling to give. It's not enough for you to believe you're right about something you're absolutely 100 percent clueless about, but you have to tell others they're 100 percent wrong about something they're also clueless about.
And tell others not only are they wrong about not 100% believing he did it, but how many are saying because someone isn't sure what to believe that they are "supporters of pedophiles and rapists". Sorry but I take offense to that.

Sorry for the double post

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City

yes, i'm 100% clueless about the same thread/talking points we've had a baker's dozen times now just since this board itself started, you got me there

also presuming all things start on an equal plane in abuse claims & how our society handles them says a great deal

Good for Dylan for not letting this go. Don't let them defeat you.

exactly - if it was up to some in here, she'd stay quiet cause it's all "old news" and hey, who can know for certain?

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
Allen assaulting his daughter and Mia Farrow being mentally "unstable" are not mutually exclusive.

Bingo, but understanding this requires a modicum of complex thought.

Ronan Farrow, the journalist who broke the Weinstein news, believes his sister, and the amount of smoke blotting out the sun surrounding Woody is readily apparent to even a casual observer. So, yeah.

SuperBonk

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I consider myself fairly well informed but the fact that I didn't even know about this until recently is a testament to how messed up the culture in Hollywood really is. The fact that Woody Allen was able to continue to have a successful career and be well respected for so long without barely any mention (to my knowledge) of the controversy is puzzling.

Even though there were no legal ramifications, public accusations of child abuse and pedophilia don't seem like things everyone would be ok with sweeping under the rug.

I wouldn't say I'm 100% ready to condemn Allen but I hope the actual truth comes out, justice is served, and Dylan is able to find peace.

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all are disgusting. It's called grooming, regardless of how much you try to frame it as anything else. You have all earned an ignore for your defense of the indefensible.

Oct 26, 2017
I consider myself fairly well informed but the fact that I didn't even know about this until recently is a testament to how messed up the culture in Hollywood really is. The fact that Woody Allen was able to continue to have a successful career and be well respected for so long without barely any mention (to my knowledge) of the controversy is puzzling.

Even though there were no legal ramifications, public accusations of child abuse and pedophilia don't seem like things everyone would be ok with sweeping under the rug.

I wouldn't say I'm 100% ready to condemn Allen but I hope the actual truth comes out, justice is served, and Dylan is able to find peace.

It was big news when it happend and it's not gone away. That it slipped you by doesn't mean it being swept under the rug.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

peekaboo

Nov 4, 2017
The sexist brigade know better these days than to shit on an abuse victim so they now move onto the evil Lady Macbeth of a mother who was horrible to her kids and would brainwash them out of scorn. These accusations that Mia Farrow was a horrible mother need a bit of context beyond "Moses said". There are countless examples of friends, acquaintances and nannies explaining how Mia was great with kids (she raised FOURTEEN) and how she had said to many of them that she had found her true vocation raising kids hence her pretty much quitting acting after meeting Woody and only appearing in his films. There's a really long and detailed article from 1992 by Maureen Orth on Vanity Fair calledMia's Storywhich illustrates with forensic detail these points and also provides a thorough timeline of the events.

It also includes additional details about Woody's relationship with Dylan and how he was besotted with her to the point of:

- following her from room to room, sitting her down and simply staring at her to the point where Mia would ask him to give her "breathing space"
- arriving early every morning at Mia's house so he could sit by Dylan's bed and watch her wake up
- sticking his finger in her asshole to spread suntan lotion for longer than it's deemed decent for an adoptive father
- getting into bed with her in his underwear, wrapping her body around his and asking her to suck his thumb
- the nanny-reported sticking his face between her legs

He also had already been in therapy for his inappropriate behaviour towards Dylan before the abuse allegation was made. That to me already paints a picture.

In the 33 page custody ruling paper the judge published on this case (which I recommend everyone to read because it is the most qualified opinion anyone will be able to give on the case), he:

- very clearly states that he cannot find Woody guilty because there is no definitive proof of what happened on that day BUT
- deems his behaviour "grossly inappropriate" and that the kids should stay with Mia to "protect them" from Woody
- very clearly says there is "no credible evidence" to support Woody's claim that Mia brainwashed Dylan
- does not claim that Mia was the perfect mother, but he also says that he sees no proof in the allegations made by Woody that she was a horrible mother. In fact, he says that in his view her failings as a mother come, ironically, from the nature of her relationship with Woody

So yeah, I cannot claim that he touched her fanny in the attic that day, but what I can see from the court case is that he behaved in an extremely inappropriate way towards his adoptive daughter and that she was already a victim before that day. The above to me goes way further than being a creep who makes films about 40 year old "intellectuals" falling in love with 17 year old girls. Which he has done. And also goes beyond going behind his girlfriend's back and taking naked pictures of her adoptive daughter and then eloping with her when found out. Which he also did.

He also made a film about a man who kills his lover and "works through his guilt" so he stops feeling remorse and enjoys life fully once again, which incidentally I think it's his best film. Probably because he's SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE.

Illest1

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also if I found out my wife was abusing my son my first response wouldn't be to think "this'll be great financial leverage in our impending divorce"

That doesn't really say anything about what happened per se, but it doesn't speak well to her character or how seriously she took the allegation.

Personally I'm on the fence. He seems like a skeevy dude, but parental coaching during divorces happens all the time.

What does Dylan gain from this after all these years? Someone who was lying would eventually fade away after not being successful with their agenda. Here she is, still airing thus dude out very publicly.

Personally, I think it happened.

Simon Belmont

Oct 25, 2017
What does Dylan gain from this after all these years? Someone who was lying would eventually fade away after not being successful with their agenda. Here she is, still airing thus dude out very publicly.

Personally, I think it happened.

I think in either case Dylan a) absolutely believes it happened and b) has been victimized.

Isak_Borg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think in either case Dylan a) absolutely believes it happened and b) has been victimized.

See the thing that's happening now is it doesn't matter if it happened or not, what matters is we're judging an individual in the court of public opinion.

Professionals who do this for a living decided there were no grounds for charges but arm chair folks need to pass judgement so Allen is guilty.

I'm amazed that someone wasn't charged in the court of law but the court of public opinion continues to find him guilty.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
Dude married his adopted daughter. His adopted daughter. Anyone that wants to defend this shit stain needs to let that shit fucking sink in before speaking up. I believe her for sure.

Yeah, what more evidence do people want, how sick do you have to be to marry your daughter, adopted or not he was her father, period.

Oct 27, 2017
Still in disbelief that people run with the "but he was never convicted why are people still believing the woman" line. As if rich powerful men haven't gotten away with evil shit for centuries in the courts.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
So you telling me, the dude that had naked pics of his stepdaughter, who then went on to marry said stepdaughter, abused his other stepdaughter?I am legit shocked.

Dude is a POS. He'll get his before he leaves this world.